Obama Administration ran guns from Benghazi to Syria

autigeremt

I feel like I'm in a freaking mad house. It doesnt matter what those three said and I think they're honorable men but the evidence freaking proves that 21 min after the attack started, they were rolling out of the CIA safe house. That absolutely does not equal a stand down order. It doesnt. Now way. No how.

Wow, now you sound like Hillary when you say "it doesn't matter what those three said." Why doesn't it, they were THERE. They have all three said if they were allowed to go earlier, they could have saved the Ambassador. The CIA station chief never did give his approval. They just went. Same with the guys in Tripoli.

Why didn't the House committee talk to any of them? Tell the families it doesn't matter.

As AUFAN78 says above we have different opinions. I will always believe the three until someone gets them under oath and they have their say for the record.

Off to bed.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can't read nor reason.

Can you? Then maybe you can answer for him? Simple question......do you think the three guys I refer to who were there are lying as well as the families?

I don't think the majority of the guys not out to make a buck were motivated to lie. You prefer the handful who say what you want to hear.

No I prefer to believe the guys who were there. Why didn't the House committee even talk to them?

THEY DID! You're not reading quotes from the report being spoon fed you.

Can you? Then maybe you can answer for him? Simple question......do you think the three guys I refer to who were there are lying as well as the families?

I don't think the majority of the guys not out to make a buck were motivated to lie. You prefer the handful who say what you want to hear.

No I prefer to believe the guys who were there. Why didn't the House committee even talk to them?

And you didn't answer my simple question....do you believe they lied? Why would they?

Good night to you too.

And you didn't answer my simple question....do you believe they lied? Why would they?

Good night to you too.

Folks don't have to lie to reach the wrong conclusion. Republicans who want to believe these three did not conclude they were right-- too many of their colleagues said otherwise.

House investigation into the Benghazi embassy attack concluded that the Obama administration was not guilty of any deliberate, negligent wrongdoing, according to Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.). Thompson told SFGatethat the report, from a GOP-led panel, "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order" was given to troops in the area.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/448820/house-intel-report-benghazi-finds-no-secret-obama-scandal

Facts are soooo boring!!!

Facts ? Or decisions made out of political expediency ?

House investigation into the Benghazi embassy attack concluded that the Obama administration was not guilty of any deliberate, negligent wrongdoing, according to Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.). Thompson told SFGatethat the report, from a GOP-led panel, "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order" was given to troops in the area.

http://theweek.com/s...t-obama-scandal

Facts are soooo boring!!!

Facts ? Or decisions made out of political expediency ?

What does that even mean? You tell me then what military asset in the EUCOM, AFRICOM or CENTCOM AOR was available to be deployed that would have stopped the attack on the TMF. Which one of these assets were told to stand down?

I'll hang up and listen.

Open Proud Tiggy! Here comes the airplane...

We spent thousands of hours asking questions, poring over documents, reviewing intelligence assessments, reading cables and emails, and held a total of 20 committee events and hearings,” said Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., the committee’s chairman, and Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger of Maryland, the ranking Democrat, in a joint statement.

“We conducted detailed interviews with senior intelligence officials from Benghazi and Tripoli as well as eight security personnel on the ground in Benghazi that night. Based on the testimony and the documents we reviewed, we concluded that all the CIA officers in Benghazi were heroes. Their actions saved lives,” they said.

A couple at least have said they were read to go, and yet didn't. The admin knew, in real time, what was going on, and chose to do nothing. Later, it said this attack was about a video, when it knew conclusively that it was not , but ran w/ that story anyway.

There was ample reason for CYA mode, and if you can't see that, then I'm wasting my time.

A couple at least have said they were read to go, and yet didn't. The admin knew, in real time, what was going on, and chose to do nothing. Later, it said this attack was about a video, when it knew conclusively that it was not , but ran w/ that story anyway.

There was ample reason for CYA mode, and if you can't see that, then I'm wasting my time.

Who is "a couple?" It really is a simple question.

In February, the Joint Chiefs chairman, Gen. Martin Dempsey, was asked by Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-New Hampshire, why F-16s at Aviano Air Base in Italy weren't deployed to Benghazi that night.

"This is the middle of the night now, these are not aircraft on strip alert," Dempsey said. "They're there as part of our commitment to NATO and Europe. And so, as we looked at the time line , it was pretty clear that it would take up to 20 hours or so to get them there. Secondly, senator, importantly, it was the wrong tool for the job."

Then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta testified that "unfortunately, there was no specific intelligence or indications of an imminent attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi. And frankly, without an adequate warning, there was not enough time given the speed of the attack for armed military assets to respond.

"That's not just my view or General Dempsey's view. It was the view of the Accountability Review Board that studied what happened on that day," he added.

"This is not 9/11," Panetta said in a February interview on CNN's "State of the Union." "You cannot just simply call and expect within two minutes to have a team in place. It takes time. That's the nature of it. Our people are there, they're in position to move, but we've got to have good intelligence that gives us a heads up that something's going to happen."

No, not with in 2 minutes, but is 30 too much to ask for ? What about an hour ? 2 hours ? 3 ? Do I hear 4 hours...

Colossal CYA, from the top down.

No, not with in 2 minutes, but is 30 too much to ask for ? What about an hour ? 2 hours ? 3 ? Do I hear 4 hours...

Colossal CYA, from the top down.

So then there were no, none, zero military assets availlable that would have stopped the attack on the TMF. Thanks.

There were.

* And I understand, there are things which go on that are " off the record ", and should remain so, but saving political hides for some of these things isn't reason enough to drop this matter and pretend all's well that ends well. Because it isn't.

It's one thing if Hillary wanted to just fade into the sunset, and leave this behind her, but quite another if she wants to become President, where almost certainly more Americans lives will be put in harm's way, and she has to be the one to decide their fate.

And CYA is EXACTLY what it is. It started with blaming it on a video, sending Susan Rice to lie on Sunday news shows, and went downhill from there. Kind of like Obama having Bergdahl's parents to the WH and declaring him a loyal soldier. But to each his own opinion. Maybe the whole truth will come out someday.

And CYA is EXACTLY what it is. It started with blaming it on a video, sending Susan Rice to lie on Sunday news shows, and went downhill from there. Kind of like Obama having Bergdahl's parents to the WH and declaring him a loyal soldier. But to each his own opinion. Maybe the whole truth will come out someday.

First of all, I've heard a couple, sorry, forget names, rank and status, but they said absolutely we had assets read to go.

Second, not only did Obama call Bergdahl a 'loyal soldier' but Susan Rice said he served w/ " honor and distinction ".

See how it goes ? They say it, and some of the gullible dumb-masses buy it, end of story.

Like jobs " saved and created " , which is a completely fictional , made up and unchartable metric, which really sells well to the focus group types. But that's yet another story.

First of all, I've heard a couple, sorry, forget names, rank and status, but they said absolutely we had assets read to go.

Second, not only did Obama call Bergdahl a 'loyal soldier' but Susan Rice said he served w/ " honor and distinction ".

See how it goes ? They say it, and some of the gullible dumb-masses buy it, end of story.

Like jobs " saved and created " , which is a completely fictional , made up and unchartable metric, which really sells well to the focus group types. But that's yet another story.

The Internet is a big place. I want to know the names and assets that were ready to go. This disparaging of my military is getting tiring.

USN - you keep hiding behind the ' disparaging my military ' crap as if anyone here is actually doing that. You know that's not the case, so PLEASE, stop w/ the disingenuous nonsense. Any 'stand down' order has to come from D.C., and that means the Commander in Chief.

USN - you keep hiding behind the ' disparaging my military ' crap as if anyone here is actually doing that. You know that's not the case, so PLEASE, stop w/ the disingenuous nonsense. Any 'stand down' order has to come from D.C., and that means the Commander in Chief.

You said assets were ready. What assets.

This disparaging of my military is getting tiring.

Your military? I knew you had a huge ego but geez. It is NOT your military. It is OUR military. And I don't see anyoneone here pointing fingers at OUR military. Get over yourself.

This disparaging of my military is getting tiring.

Your military? I knew you had a huge ego but geez. It is NOT your military. It is OUR military. And I don't see anyoneone here pointing fingers at OUR military. Get over yourself.

The fact that you can't see what's happening is why I don't consider you a Vet.

Sorry, but i don't buy the claim that ALL our assets in the region were ' out to lunch' and or not available.

Sorry, but i don't buy the claim that ALL our assets in the region were ' out to lunch' and or not available.

You said assets were ready. What assets were ready that would have stopped the attack on the TMF.

Archived