2015 Preseason Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

Welp it's been confirmed by Gus. Discipline issues and has to get some things done before he can come back. Finally the mystery has been solved!

The mystery had been solved. We just weren't allowed to discuss it. Put me in the camp who's tired of Duke's b*lls*it and ready for him to be gone. I've got no patience for discipline problems.

I'm about to be on that train with you Chimes. It's a distraction. Besides we won a NC without a top level WR and went to another one without one. Sammie was great but i think as far as a core of WRs this group is going to be one of the best. JMO. We have a great shot to win it all this year and i personally think we can with or without Duke. Now if something happens to JJ..that's when i'll go in full meltdown.

But even if Duke comes back...we're going to be holding our breathe the entire season hoping he doesn't frick up or get into ANY situation no matter if it is his fault or not.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp it's been confirmed by Gus. Discipline issues and has to get some things done before he can come back. Finally the mystery has been solved!

You got a link? I can't find the confirmation (and I'm awfully lazy, I'll admit it)

http://www.auburntig.../080815aae.html

Preciate it, 83. :)

No problem. I'm mostly following the twitter feed.

Duke update from Gus: Ben Bolton @BoltonSports 56s57 seconds ago

‪#‎Auburn‬ Gus Malzahn on Duke Williams "He had a discipline issue." Said he will be back when he takes care of what he needs to.

WarBlogle.com @WarBlogle 2m2 minutes ago

Duke Williams has a discipline issue that he will need to take care of. Malzahn will make decision when he will be back. #auburn ‪#‎wareagle‬

WarBlogle.com @WarBlogle 3m3 minutes ago

Duke Williams has been given a list of conditions that he must meet/achieve to return to the Auburn football team.

Justin Ferguson @JFergusonBR 1m1 minute ago

Malzahn on Duke Williams: "Bottom line, nobody's bigger than the team around here."

Matthew Stevens @matthewcstevens 4m4 minutes ago

Malzahn declined to take any further questions about the issue with WR Duke Williams.

The mystery had been solved. We just weren't allowed to discuss it. Put me in the camp who's tired of Duke's b*lls*it and ready for him to be gone. I've got no patience for discipline problems.

I'm about to be on that train with you Chimes. It's a distraction. Besides we won a NC without a top level WR and went to another one without one. Sammie was great but i think as far as a core of WRs this group is going to be one of the best. JMO. We have a great shot to win it all this year and i personally think we can with or without Duke. Now if something happens to JJ..that's when i'll go in full meltdown.

But even if Duke comes back...we're going to be holding our breathe the entire season hoping he doesn't frick up or get into ANY situation no matter if it is his fault or not.

Completely agree with all of this.

I love Lashlee laying on the coach speak good and thick with the "it's really no big deal at all" comment yesterday. Dude straight up lied. Just say it's something you can't discuss right now.

Like I said earlier before my post was deleted, the ball is in his court (no pun intended). If he is serious about this team and his future, I'm sure he will do what is necessary.

I love Lashlee laying on the coach speak good and thick with the "it's really no big deal at all" comment yesterday. Dude straight up lied. Just say it's something you can't discuss right now.

Lashlee is ready for the big league.

I would not say he lied - maybe it's no big deal because there are other WR on the team and they can play. This early in the season provides great opportunity for someone else to step up. So if Duke does not do what he needs to do it is not big deal to me because someone else with get those catches....

I would not say he lied - maybe it's no big deal because there are other WR on the team and they can play. This early in the season provides great opportunity for someone else to step up. So if Duke does not do what he needs to do it is not big deal to me because someone else with get those catches....

But he made it seem like it wasn't a big deal though. It's a big deal.

We don't know if it is a big deal or not. We don't know what conditions he must meet to return to practice. Coach Lashlee did not lie. He didn't give any info that was incorrect as we know it.

I told you all last time that he had a big attitude problem. Its real. Realistically he's too important to the team to kick off, permitting that he didn't do anything too stupid.

We'll have to expect this type of s*** all year from him.

We don't know if it is a big deal or not. We don't know what conditions he must meet to return to practice. Coach Lashlee did not lie. He didn't give any info that was incorrect as we know it.

He doesn't gain anything by telling the general population when he'll be back, but he does lose something - the element of surprise. Of course it would be most preferable to have Duke for every game, but assuming we don't, not specifying when he'll be back forces our opponents to have 2 game plans - one if Duke plays, and one if he doesn't. There's no reason to help our opponents gameplan.

He didn't lie but it's not exactly like he told the truth either. It was very nonchalant like he had the flu, had family issues, or something class schedule issues. When in reality it is serious because it's not Duke's first time having issues...it's been a number of things so it's not really hard to assume that those list of things he has to do are probably lengthy and strict. Doesn't mean he will not play game 1...not saying that but the leash is very short and this is probably the last chance he's going to have...so in that case i do consider it a big deal.

I told you all last time that he had a big attitude problem. Its real. Realistically he's too important to the team to kick off, permitting that he didn't do anything too stupid.

We'll have to expect this type of s*** all year from him.

That's my fear. I don't want to be living through a soap opera all year. So you don't think they'd kick him off the team if he got into another fight?

Rumor has it...oh, never mind. Dukes a beast but no one is above the team. Hope he gets his act together.

Maybe CRL has seen the receivers he has and to him, it is not a big deal for Duke to be out as he has others that can replace him just as well.

My 2nd prediction- Duke will meet the list of conditions laid out for him and be good to go for the Louisville game. He may get sick to his stomach a few times and his legs might get sore but he will do what it takes.

My 2nd prediction- Duke will meet the list of conditions laid out for him and be good to go for the Louisville game. He may get sick to his stomach a few times and his legs might get sore but he will do what it takes.

I hope this is the case and I believe he will do this as well.

Maybe CRL has seen the receivers he has and to him, it is not a big deal for Duke to be out as he has others that can replace him just as well.

This is absolutely what Rhett meant by it not being a "big deal". Absolutely.

He doesn't gain anything by telling the general population when he'll be back, but he does lose something - the element of surprise. Of course it would be most preferable to have Duke for every game, but assuming we don't, not specifying when he'll be back forces our opponents to have 2 game plans - one if Duke plays, and one if he doesn't. There's no reason to help our opponents gameplan.

I doubt anyone will develop a game plan specifically for Duke. AU has lots of offensive options and if Duke ain't there.....it will be "next man up" and there are a bunch of guys who will want that challenge.

JMO but based on last year, and this problem with less than a week of practice, .I have to wonder if Gus is putting many eggs in Duke's basket.

Bet he doesn't start.

Archived