2015 Preseason Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raashed Kenion broke the ball boy's nose today(accident) so i'd say practice is tougher.

Yeah, I made a post about it trying to make light of it (and everyone's keyed-up

attitude about Duke) but apparently Bird is the only person allowed to make that kind post and it was summarily drug out back and executed without a word.

Yeah, I'm a little bitter, but that's ok - I'm glad the ball boy is all right and had a great attitude about it. Even hashtagged it "broke it #auburnfast".

(And before anyone gets knickers in a twist, this post is in good fun. Don't know what's going on today but there's a lot of tightly-wound strings - we ought a relax and have a beer, it's Saturday and football's only 3 weeks away!)

I love Lashlee laying on the coach speak good and thick with the "it's really no big deal at all" comment yesterday. Dude straight up lied. Just say it's something you can't discuss right now.

I would not say he lied - maybe it's no big deal because there are other WR on the team and they can play. This early in the season provides great opportunity for someone else to step up. So if Duke does not do what he needs to do it is not big deal to me because someone else with get those catches....

But he made it seem like it wasn't a big deal though. It's a big deal.

To who? The fans here...if it was a week before a big game ..maybe...but this early....lot of opportunity for someone else to get those reps....no big Deal imo....

What planet are you from?

Planet that don't care if Duke plays or not...specifically if he can not hold up the standard of being a student athlete at Auburn...

There's a big difference between you not caring if Duke plays or not and Rhett saying "it's no big deal" because Duke's talent can easily be replaced. It's absolutely fine if you feel that way but don't try to spin Rhett's words to fit your own agenda. Do you really believe that Rhett thinks losing Duke is "no big deal"? Do you REALLY believe that?

I am sure that Rhett wasn't able to sleep last night because Chimes didn't/doesn't like his choice of words. I guess your opinion really does matter, Chimes.

pa9gy.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

I'll wait til Duke misses a game to lose my sh**.

Btw, in all this hysteria we seem to have overlooked the comments about Jason Smith. If we're already writing Duke's epitaph (seriously, y'all) then a lot more names than Melvin Ray (SERIOUSLY, y'all) should be coming up. Jason Smith is one of those.

RBs with Brent Fullwood ...

CL7gO3vWwAAPEac.jpg

Which one's Fullwood?

The one that looks like he was one of the best RBs to ever play at Auburn. The other guys look like just wannabes at this point (I hope they get there).

Raashed Kenion broke the ball boy's nose today(accident) so i'd say practice is tougher.

Yeah, I made a post about it trying to make light of it (and everyone's keyed-up

attitude about Duke) but apparently Bird is the only person allowed to make that kind post and it was summarily drug out back and executed without a word.

Yeah, I'm a little bitter, but that's ok - I'm glad the ball boy is all right and had a great attitude about it. Even hashtagged it "broke it #auburnfast".

(And before anyone gets knickers in a twist, this post is in good fun. Don't know what's going on today but there's a lot of tightly-wound strings - we ought a relax and have a beer, it's Saturday and football's only 3 weeks away!)

Right there wit ya

Oh ok. Didn't know. Glad he's ok. Saw pictures of him and they stated his nose was popped back in place and he continued on. These Saturdays are getting longer and longer. I've even been watching the CFL just to get some sort of football fix.

I love Lashlee laying on the coach speak good and thick with the "it's really no big deal at all" comment yesterday. Dude straight up lied. Just say it's something you can't discuss right now.

I think he was hoping people would overreact....I guess it was a hopeless hope *rolls eyes*.

I'll wait til Duke misses a game to lose my sh**.

Btw, in all this hysteria we seem to have overlooked the comments about Jason Smith. If we're already writing Duke's epitaph (seriously, y'all) then a lot more names than Melvin Ray (SERIOUSLY, y'all) should be coming up. Jason Smith is one of those.

I'm not freaking out because I think he's going to miss a game. I'm mad because he's being disciplined...again. His childish behavior gets old.

And I haven't looked past the comments regarding JS. We've heard for a while now that he has star potential at the WR position. I'd love to see him take some of the spotlight away from one of the other receivers.

RBs with Brent Fullwood ...

CL7gO3vWwAAPEac.jpg

Which one's Fullwood?

The one that looks like he was one of the best RBs to ever play at Auburn. The other guys look like just wannabes at this point (I hope they get there).

Is the guy on the far right Javon or Rock?

I tell u what Chimes sit around and try and determine what Rhett thinks or not...I will not...i think AU can win without Duke because they have proven they can win without him...are they better with him? Hell yes...but I will not say Rhett was lying because he said it is no big deal..because imo someone else will step up to the plate...this team does not revolve around Duke...Duke needs to gthu or get to walking....

We won 8 last year with duke on the field essentially. If this guy is going to continue to make idiotic decisions we might be better to let him go, as dumb decisions by Marshall and Mincy kicked off the season last year, by supposed LEADERS, initiated the 8 win campaign.

Not saying we are better without Duke, but this is reaching an unacceptable level of red flags. But tbh, we knew of the red flags prior to him signing with Auburn, but Gus likes to roll like that.

This many issues, regardless of production (outside of an Amari Cooper type season) probably means he falls out of the 1st rd. NFL is taking a slightly more serious approach to behavioral issues, IMO. This whole thing is just stupid to me. Our best returning player can't keep his damn head straight in the FIRST FREAKING WEEK. Remember how people thought the behavioral problems were no big deal prior to last season'$ disappointment? Sure I may be reaching but C'MON this guy hasn't shown us anything off the field that is remotely positive. His damn JUCO coach was afraid he would unlawfully retaliate to a friend's untimely death. This dude has way too much to lose, long term, to even be in the discussion of this type of BS. Am I overreacting? Possibly. But this is a concern. And can rip a team apart if not handled correctly as we have already seen.

I tell u what Chimes sit around and try and determine what Rhett thinks or not...I will not...i think AU can win without Duke because they have proven they can win without him...are they better with him? Hell yes...but I will not say Rhett was lying because he said it is no big deal..because imo someone else will step up to the plate...this team does not revolve around Duke...Duke needs to gthu or get to walking....

My thoughts exactly. Pretty classless to call a coach a liar. How is an opinion a lie?

I just don't see the big deal with a fight...He fought, so what? Discipline for what. Sometimes you get into fights. That's life

You already did try to determine what he was thinking when you said "maybe he means it's no big deal because one of the other receivers can fill his spot". I'm not arguing with you about whether or not Auburn can win without Duke. I agree with you on that point. I'm arguing the point that Rhett lied about one of our top offensive weapons being suspended when he said it "wasn't a big deal".

My thoughts exactly. Pretty classless to call a coach a liar. How is an opinion a lie?

Ermahgerd

Before we grab the pitchforks and torches, maybe we should gather all the facts. Ya know? Due process, America, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, we're a 7-5 team without Duke.

Then you ain't none too smart. Duke is icing on the cake, not the cake.

Archived