2015 Preseason Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

I think Melvin Ray will be the surprise player of the season.

It will be no surprise to me if Melvin Ray has a great season. Lot of talent there, and he's made the most of his chances when the ball has come his way...plus he's also done a great job on the field when the ball hasn't come his way.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see the big deal with a fight...He fought, so what? Discipline for what. Sometimes you get into fights. That's life

Under normal circumstances I'd say your right and with some other players that may indeed even be the case, but I'm thinking Duke isn't other players and of course this isn't his first time being in the doghouse with the staff. I'll reserve further thoughts on this until more comes to light but it seems he needed to keep his nose clean and hasn't.

Duke will be back soon, I am sure this time next week this will be history and things will be popping for the good.

Ok i think i'm missing something here, he got suspended for a game last season for a violation of team rules,still don't know exactly what he did, and he got "disciplined" for an alleged fight this week, that's it right? From what I've seen he doesn't seem to be a problem in the locker room or anything like that, for the most part he seems to have his head on straight, I don't get why everyone's so up in arms, what else has he done? Dude is a huge asset and I believe he won't miss a second of the Louisville game

He's been suspended twice for fighting and reprimanded for tweeting about wanting to leave since the last game he played in. That's just what we know about. What about him says "head on straight"?

RBs with Brent Fullwood ...

CL7gO3vWwAAPEac.jpg

Which one's Fullwood?

The one that looks like he was one of the best RBs to ever play at Auburn. The other guys look like just wannabes at this point (I hope they get there).

Is the guy on the far right Javon or Rock?

No

He's been suspended twice for fighting and reprimanded for tweeting about wanting to leave since the last game he played in. That's just what we know about. What about him says "head on straight"?

ok so he has fought before, i didn't know that...well that is a cause for concern...from his tweets and interviews he seemed to be that way guess he has more to learn...

We need Duke. Do you not realize how much better JJ and the entire offense will be with him. With a potential first round, top-tier receiver this offense is on a whole other level.

CGM just needs to tell duke he needs to man up and get his business done cause if he keeps messing around he's gonna miss games and that's gonna tank his reputation and stats, really hurting his draft status

Golson day-to-day, nothing serious. Duke's thing is important for team chemistry and to know that no one is above any other player...but he will be back too. This thing is way over-blown. Also, Lawson is fine, just saving his reps. Cass on edge is interesting and may be pretty effective. Time will tell. Monty back on 1s is excellent.

Golson day-to-day, nothing serious. Duke's thing is important for team chemistry and to know that no one is above any other player...but he will be back too. This thing is way over-blown. Also, Lawson is fine, just saving his reps. Cass on edge is interesting and may be pretty effective. Time will tell. Monty back on 1s is excellent.

Yeah I think the Duke thing may be getting overblown. It was most likely a minor offense that's being taken care of in house. We may never know what occurred, and I predict that he'll be playing in the game against Louisville.

Thanks...good info. Maybe this info will calm the masses

I just don't see the big deal with a fight...He fought, so what? Discipline for what. Sometimes you get into fights. That's life

- Amen Brother -

We don't really know what's transpired... not from how quick the lid was capped. And maybe, just maybe, perhaps one day, we might hear what caused all the steam.

But to read the crap written here, posted with such little knowledge or fact, makes me awfully glad not to live next door to a couple of you. I don't really understand how some of these Knee-Jerk reactions are all that different from D'haquille's? Affect team chemistry.... Give me break...For all we know, he may have been taking up for someone on the team. We have no idea why he did what he did, or if he threw the first punch, or if his mommy was brought into discussion.

I agree. Only way that affects team chemistry is if there is a clean cut rule already established like even if you don't start a fight you will have to do such and such and for some reason he received special attention and didn't have to do anything.

That's it. The entire if there is a person that does anything wrong messes a team up is one of the most exaggerated thing said on boards. People who played any sports should no this. Unless somebody is getting superstar treatment which could cause jealousy NOBODY cares. If you did want to be concerned the thing that would be closest to watch is if Adams is super inconsistent seeing if they play him anyway.....if duke was in a fight and it wasn't even somebody on the team nobody cares.

I agree. Only way that affects team chemistry is if there is a clean cut rule already established like even if you don't start a fight you will have to do such and such and for some reason he received special attention and didn't have to do anything.

That's it. The entire if there is a person that does anything wrong messes a team up is one of the most exaggerated thing said on boards. People who played any sports should no this. Unless somebody is getting superstar treatment which could cause jealousy NOBODY cares. If you did want to be concerned the thing that would be closest to watch is if Adams is super inconsistent seeing if they play him anyway.....if duke was in a fight and it wasn't even somebody on the team nobody cares.

If this was the first fight I'd agree with you...but it isn't. Multiple fights, tweeting about wanting to leave AU and let's not forget why he came to Auburn over LSU in the first place. All of this in 1 year. Most guys make it 4 without half the issues Duke has had. If he keeps acting out eventually it does affect team chemistry. I'd rather him have gotten caught with weed than be running around campus popping off.

If this was the first fight I'd agree with you...but it isn't. Multiple fights, tweeting about wanting to leave AU and let's not forget why he came to Auburn over LSU in the first place. All of this in 1 year. Most guys make it 4 without half the issues Duke has had. If he keeps acting out eventually it does affect team chemistry. I'd rather him have gotten caught with weed than be running around campus popping off.

I agree Chimes. He needs to shape up and get with the program. I firmly believe Gus will handle the situation properly, both for Duke and for my Auburn.

Tweeting about wanting to leave was probably him being home sick but he has a Twitter account. Or somebody telling him no. It's immature but it's not hurting anybody at all. I guess I'm partial, I used to fight at the act all the time so I don't see the big deal. What if one of the fights he didn't start? But as long as he is disciplined how does it affect team chemistry??? All the basketball and football I played my performance was never affected by anything somebody does in their life. I never thought I'm not going to do everything I can to win because my guy next to me is rough around the edges and keeps fighting people....If he don't have to practice, or keeps showing up late, or is mouthing off to coaches, or not performing and he doesn't get held accountable for any of it then I'm ticked off. Even if he does something stupid before a big game I'm ticked off but this?? No way

Tweeting about wanting to leave was probably him being home sick but he has a Twitter account. Or somebody telling him no. It's immature but it's not hurting anybody at all. I guess I'm partial, I used to fight at the act all the time so I don't see the big deal. What if one of the fights he didn't start?

I'm not one to back down from a fight but I'm also not a high profile member of a high profile team with an NFL contract on the line. If we're hearing about all these issues, can you imagine how much we haven't heard about?

It would DEFINITELY be better if he was a leader that could be looked up to but if he does like he did against bammer things such as play hurt and gives his all he's not a bad influence, he's a positive. I think what he's doing is hurting himself I just don't think it's hurting the team

I am with Chimes.. If this were his first issue. I'm OK with that. But its not. I want him to be all in with our team values

*edit (remove - quote)

If there's team rules against fighting then that's reason alone for discipline. But to exponentiate this into some game sitting or we don't need this guy is essentially throwing the baby out with the dish water. It's not like he was smashing his significant others face or being divisive. I see the merit in Gus taking note and acting accordingly; however the time should fit the crime. And yes it's always adjusted for repeat offensives... I just don't always believe in mandatory minimums.

I told you all last time that he had a big attitude problem. Its real. Realistically he's too important to the team to kick off, permitting that he didn't do anything too stupid.

We'll have to expect this type of s*** all year from him.

No S*** Dick Tracy! Or is this Captain Obvious...?

IF he returns from this episode, and something else occurs down the road, I bet you he will be done at AU.

I told you all last time that he had a big attitude problem. Its real. Realistically he's too important to the team to kick off, permitting that he didn't do anything too stupid.

We'll have to expect this type of s*** all year from him.

No S*** Dick Tracy! Or is this Captain Obvious...?

IF he returns from this episode, and something else occurs down the road, I bet you he will be done at AU.

Was that your best Metafour impression? Lol

I think we need to stop jumping all over Duke and let the coaches handle it. Duke comes from a rough background. It takes a while to get that out of your system. He's in the best place, with the best coaches and they have his best interest at heart. PTB said it is being overblown and I think he's probably in the know. The coaches probably gave him discipline for a minor thing to nip it in the bud and keep him in line. I like how they are looking out for the team and not letting one guy become bigger than the team. JMHO

Archived