2015 Preseason Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

I think we need to stop jumping all over Duke and let the coaches handle it. Duke comes from a rough background. It takes a while to get that out of your system. He's in the best place, with the best coaches and they have his best interest at heart. PTB said it is being overblown and I think he's probably in the know. The coaches probably gave him discipline for a minor thing to nip it in the bud and keep him in line. I like how they are looking out for the team and not letting one guy become bigger than the team. JMHO

Bingo ....no big deal....

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard much about Tre Williams so far. If there was one guy I was hoping to step up a be a force at LB it was him. Any one know how he's doing with the new defense?

McKinsey off the edge would be interesting with our lack of LBs. but they talked about doing that last year as well and not much

Came of it

Body language speaks VOLUMES. Gus is pissed about this Duke thing. The pursed lips, heightened speech, short, quick answers, eyes wide open, stiff body, and the desire to get that presser over with. Not typical Gus in pressers.

I think we need to stop jumping all over Duke and let the coaches handle it. Duke comes from a rough background. It takes a while to get that out of your system. He's in the best place, with the best coaches and they have his best interest at heart. PTB said it is being overblown and I think he's probably in the know. The coaches probably gave him discipline for a minor thing to nip it in the bud and keep him in line. I like how they are looking out for the team and not letting one guy become bigger than the team. JMHO

*applause*

I really like everybody's interviews but kennison's I really liked. I hope he ends up a future leader with that type of attitude

I just don't see the big deal with a fight...He fought, so what? Discipline for what. Sometimes you get into fights. That's life

Yesterday, my wife and I were out school shopping. As we were driving through a parking lot, four teenagers decided to disrespect my wife and me by doing the triple x hand gesture. Pissed me off royally. Now, I could have pushed it, got into a brawl, and severely injured or killed one or two or three of those stupid kids with the knife I carry, or might have gotten hurt myself. Now, in that split second I made the mature decision to let it go. Presently, I am neither in jail awaiting arraignment for murder, nor am I in a hospital with a gunshot wound. Should I have just fought a no big deal fight, or did I make the correct, mature decision?

Unless someone physically attacks you, fighting is the reaction of the immature and ignorant. Like I tell my 3-year old daughter, use your words.

I just don't see the big deal with a fight...He fought, so what? Discipline for what. Sometimes you get into fights. That's life

Yesterday, my wife and I were out school shopping. As we were driving through a parking lot, four teenagers decided to disrespect my wife and me by doing the triple x hand gesture. Pissed me off royally. Now, I could have pushed it, got into a brawl, and severely injured or killed one or two or three of those stupid kids with the knife I carry, or might have gotten hurt myself. Now, in that split second I made the mature decision to let it go. Presently, I am neither in jail awaiting arraignment for murder, nor am I in a hospital with a gunshot wound. Should I have just fought a no big deal fight, or did I make the correct, mature decision?

P****

Kidding. I'd have beat that a$$ though. Nobody's going to disrespect my wife and live to tell about it.

On a side note... Who still does the triple x thing? Those kids must've been straight up lames.

I agree. Only way that affects team chemistry is if there is a clean cut rule already established like even if you don't start a fight you will have to do such and such and for some reason he received special attention and didn't have to do anything.

That's it. The entire if there is a person that does anything wrong messes a team up is one of the most exaggerated thing said on boards. People who played any sports should no this. Unless somebody is getting superstar treatment which could cause jealousy NOBODY cares. If you did want to be concerned the thing that would be closest to watch is if Adams is super inconsistent seeing if they play him anyway.....if duke was in a fight and it wasn't even somebody on the team nobody cares.

If this was the first fight I'd agree with you...but it isn't. Multiple fights, tweeting about wanting to leave AU and let's not forget why he came to Auburn over LSU in the first place. All of this in 1 year. Most guys make it 4 without half the issues Duke has had. If he keeps acting out eventually it does affect team chemistry. I'd rather him have gotten caught with weed than be running around campus popping off.

+1

Tweeting about wanting to leave was probably him being home sick but he has a Twitter account. Or somebody telling him no. It's immature but it's not hurting anybody at all. I guess I'm partial, I used to fight at the act all the time so I don't see the big deal. What if one of the fights he didn't start?

I'm not one to back down from a fight but I'm also not a high profile member of a high profile team with an NFL contract on the line. If we're hearing about all these issues, can you imagine how much we haven't heard about?

P****

Kidding. I'd have beat that a$$ though. Nobody's going to disrespect my wife and live to tell about it.

On a side note... Who still does the triple x thing? Those kids must've been straight up lames.

They were stupid little boys. Don't think that I didn't think about kicking the crap out of them. Took every bit of strength I could muster to let it ride.

P****

They were stupid little boys. Don't think that I didn't think about kicking the crap out of them. Took every bit of strength I could muster to let it ride.

You're a bigger man than I am. Kudos.

P****

What would Barry Manilow do weegs??????

As I once heard a wide man say... "You can say what you want to me, but mess with my wife...well, I'm gonna beat that a**!! I'm an adult with a savings account and I can afford the consequences."

As I once heard a wide man say... "You can say what you want to me, but mess with my wife...well, I'm gonna beat that a**!! I'm an adult with a savings account and I can afford the consequences."

Depends on how wide he was imo

P****

What would Barry Manilow do weegs??????

He would sing Can't Smile Without You to them. :laugh:

Agreed. U gotta know your own limits. Stupid auto correct. He was a wide man. Not too wide, but, wise none the less

Agreed. U gotta know your own limits. Stupid auto correct. He was a wide man. Not too wide, but, wise none the less

lol took it well. thanks finz some people on here bigbird............can't take a joke

lol took it well. thanks finz some people on here bigbird............can't take a joke

life is way too short my friend

Archived