2015 Preseason Practice - Day 5

RunInRed

I just don't see the big deal with a fight...He fought, so what? Discipline for what. Sometimes you get into fights. That's life

Yesterday, my wife and I were out school shopping. As we were driving through a parking lot, four teenagers decided to disrespect my wife and me by doing the triple x hand gesture. Pissed me off royally. Now, I could have pushed it, got into a brawl, and severely injured or killed one or two or three of those stupid kids with the knife I carry, or might have gotten hurt myself. Now, in that split second I made the mature decision to let it go. Presently, I am neither in jail awaiting arraignment for murder, nor am I in a hospital with a gunshot wound. Should I have just fought a no big deal fight, or did I make the correct, mature decision?

P****

Kidding. I'd have beat that a$$ though. Nobody's going to disrespect my wife and live to tell about it.

On a side note... Who still does the triple x thing? Those kids must've been straight up lames.

They were stupid little boys. Don't think that I didn't think about kicking the crap out of them. Took every bit of strength I could muster to let it ride.

You just said yourself they were stupid little boys and you're talking about disrespecting your wife....these are college dudes who probably got into an argument over a pick up game of basketball or playing Madden....

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah 28

Went against my theory

Like seriously, do read half of your posts? Do you REALLY think you're the guy that need to be constantly taking shots? You're lucky they still let you start threads....

Nah 28

Went against my theory

Like seriously, do read half of your posts? Do you REALLY think you're the guy that need to be constantly taking shots? You're lucky they still let you start threads....

Funny that the fans who criticize our athletes for getting in fights can't resist getting into fights with strangers on the Internet.

We've all done it though. I'm no less guilty than anyone else. I just find it funny.

Nah 28

Went against my theory

Not exactly seeing how you saw that as a "shot", but can't say I really care. I was just asking you a harmless question.

Nah 28

Went against my theory

Funny that the fans who criticize our athletes for getting in fights can't resist getting into fights with strangers on the Internet.

I'm actually the guy who says fighting is no big deal really. And this can't be qualified as a fight, if we had real fights I imagine half of the posters would have a different tone with each other

*edit (remove - quote)

If there's team rules against fighting then that's reason alone for discipline. But to exponentiate this into some game sitting or we don't need this guy is essentially throwing the baby out with the dish water. It's not like he was smashing his significant others face or being divisive. I see the merit in Gus taking note and acting accordingly; however the time should fit the crime. And yes it's always adjusted for repeat offensives... I just don't always believe in mandatory minimums.

+1

these reactions blow my mind, how many know of Duke's background, a simple fight in a pick up b-ball game, Gus is teaching some high ranked freshman a lesson at dukes expense,duke's fault. Gus fully supports Duke and will continue to help him achieve the next level and learn how to handle things after a life that was less than ordinary to say the least

You would think their isn't already a Duke Issue thread the way people keep talking about it in the Preseason Practice-Day 5 thread...in fact both threads were started on the same day...anyways I'm glad to see the team in full pads...is the scrimmage at JHS today?

You would think their isn't already a Duke Issue thread the way people keep talking about it in the Preseason Practice-Day 5 thread...in fact both threads were started on the same day...anyways I'm glad to see the team in full pads...is the scrimmage at JHS today?

Yes

Archived