2015 Preseason Practice - Day 6

RunInRed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only one turnover was by a RB, Lawyer Tillman, who wasn't even on my depth chart, that means the other two turnovers occurred in the passing game? Or special teams? And by the way, I think the reference must actually be to Lawyer Tillman Jr, because, well .....

carl lawson probably intercepted the snap from center to qb.

The scrimmage Saturday went as planned. It was basically the offense saying "Here we come...stop the run" and the defense saying "we can stop the run a lot better now"....

Saturday will be more balanced....

That is what I like to hear! In a scrimmage where the starting center was out and we ran the ball the majority of the time, the defense lit them up as they should! This is what we need - confidence. It will be interesting to hear about the scrimmage this weekend.

* did not give up a TD

* DL (and Lawson) dominated

* forced 3 turnovers

I was like a litmus test. Lets try and run it right at them and see if they can stop us. If they can, kudos. If they can't, we have huge problems.

I think this is a win. Now let's see how the defense responds when the O has the starting center and can open it up a little.

Very encouraging!

It was basically the offense saying "Here we come...stop the run" and the defense saying "we can stop the run a lot better now"....

Yep. That is probably why GM is very pleased. If the O would have dominated this scrimmage where we were pretty much one-dimensional, we would be in a world of hurt.

The scrimmage Saturday went as planned. It was basically the offense saying "Here we come...stop the run" and the defense saying "we can stop the run a lot better now"....

This is a good point.

Like someone said, I would also like to see a breakdown of plays(unless I missed it somewhere).

This is a good point.

Like someone said, I would also like to see a breakdown of plays(unless I missed it somewhere).

Some are saying JJ didn't get many reps at all but who knows.

This is a good point.

Said JJ only threw 4-5 passes

JJ didn't run, Golson was out, and Duke was out so Defense should have won. Would also like to know about turnovers? Bad snap, deflected pass, Special Teams, WR fumble, not necessarily who but what? Hope our defense is getting back to forcing turnovers.

This is a good point.

Thought so but wasn't sure if that number was correct. Thanks for the confirmation.

^^Well, we've probably seen the last of Duke, so we can't use that as an excuse. So Golson is expected to be back soon, correct?

EDIT: I posted this after WDE's post that he was likely gone and before austudnt23's post. This is too much. :dead:

This is a good point.

Thought so but wasn't sure if that number was correct. Thanks for the confirmation.

thought I read JJ say they (I assumed QB's) got 30 snaps (I assumed each). There was 90 plays, so 30 for each QB?

Gus said JJ threw 4-5 times ... I assume a 5 pass/25 run split. So extrapolated to 15/75?

A couple minimal but positive comments about sean. Assuming queen got the other 30 snaps (no comments that I've seen), the coaches said the young guys would play ...

Why have we seen the last of Duke? Last thing I read was he would be back when he does what Gus wants him to do. Has anything else happened after that?

This is a good point.

thought I read JJ say they (I assumed QB's) got 30 snaps (I assumed each). There was 90 plays, so 30 for each QB?

Gus said JJ threw 4-5 times ... I assume a 5 pass/25 run split. So extrapolated to 15/75?

A couple minimal but positive comments about sean. Assuming queen got the other 30 snaps (no comments that I've seen), the coaches said the young guys would play ...

Not really sure. That is what i was told 4-5 as well from JJ so i really don't know. Maybe even baby Tubbs got some reps as well but don't know.

Why have we seen the last of Duke? Last thing I read was he would be back when he does what Gus wants him to do. Has anything else happened after that?

a lot of moving parts.

Glad to hear the D is on the right track. Being able to stop the run is a must for the D to be successful. So hearing that they had it pretty much run down their throats and they didn't give up a touchdown over 90 plays is indeed a win for the D.

Great to hear about the D and Lawson being a monster. I have been concerned about the O-Line as we have so many new pieces. I am not worried about the Talent level but the cohesiveness of the unit. Also I remember Coleman had issues last year with fast DE's (most tackles do). I really wanted to hear he has improved his first step.

I would love to hear that on Saturday the D still played great but that the O-Line was starting to meld and able to help each other out.

Great to hear about the D and Lawson being a monster. I have been concerned about the O-Line as we have so many new pieces. I am not worried about the Talent level but the cohesiveness of the unit. Also I remember Coleman had issues last year with fast DE's (most tackles do). I really wanted to hear he has improved his first step.

I would love to hear that on Saturday the D still played great but that the O-Line was starting to meld and able to help each other out.

Good points. I'll say this: practicing against Lawson should make Coleman much better. He won't face many better and his confidence should grow as he begins to realize that as the season goes on.

I just don't think we need to make rash comments like "we've seen the last of Duke", based on rumors. I haven't heard Gus or his staff even hint at it being that serious. We, in the Auburn family, have a tendency to blow these kinds of things out of proportion and obsess with rumors. Expecially right before football season and during hires. Lol

To me the nobody is bigger than the team comment was Gus saying Duke messed up and he has to get out of the dog house like anyone else would.

If only one turnover was by a RB, Lawyer Tillman, who wasn't even on my depth chart, that means the other two turnovers occurred in the passing game? Or special teams? And by the way, I think the reference must actually be to Lawyer Tillman Jr, because, well .....

carl lawson probably intercepted the snap from center to qb.

Well played!

Archived