Auburn vs Louisville Score Prediction

augolf1716

So with the 44 predictions so far the score

AU: 1,168

UL: 864

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

Including the "3-2" prediction.

I appreciate that you did this math. Someone said earlier that the consensus among posters on this board is that the game will be a blowout and it didn't feel that was the case. The predictions seem optimisting-but-cautious to me overall.

We think we know what we have, and expect a good product on the field, but anything could happen.

I'm going to be in the Dome for this one so I'm avoiding getting my hopes up too high. I'm excited to see this team, but I don't have a great track record, in general, with watching teams I love play in person.

Therefore, I'm abstaining from a prediction. I know you were all waiting for it, so I apologize for disappointing you.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting the score thread a little earlier then normal this year. I'm superstitious

AU-3

UL-2

Every year. Stop it Golf...haha

Just curious, how would this board react if someone actually predicted Auburn to lose? I would REALLY feel sorry for that guy...all the venom that would be spewed on him. That said, AU wins 100 - 0.

Meh.....The season has not started yet, AU is being pumped up as a title contender, and we clearly have more talent than Louisville. It would be very disappointing if we lost. Yes we could lose, but based on speculation from experts, and us as fans, graduates, etc., it would be more than a little different to predict a loss in our opener.

Now if the season starts off bad and we lose to Louisville, and then lose to LSU, it would not be strange to see people predicting losses.

Meh...happens every year. Someone e predicts a loss as a superstitious thing. We had a guy predict loss every week o b e year.

Going with:

AU - 49

Louisville - 17

Takes a quarter for the Defense to warm up. But once they do its lock down. Birds get a garbage field goal at the end again st the backups. Lawson records the seasons first Safety.

War Damn Eagle!

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

I appreciate that you did this math. Someone said earlier that the consensus among posters on this board is that the game will be a blowout and it didn't feel that was the case.

And the math is incorrect.

Using the 44 scoring margin predictions up until War Knight's prediction, it totals 955 total scoring margin points. Divide that by 44 and the correct scoring margin average is 21.7 points.

If you take out the two joke predictions (3-2 and 100-0), the scoring margin average is 20.3 points. (854 / 42)

If you leave out the two joke predictions and factor in the 5 predictions since and including War Knight's prediction, the scoring margin average is 21.7 points. (1020 / 47)

So yes, the consensus among posters on this board is that the game will be a blowout.

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

I appreciate that you did this math. Someone said earlier that the consensus among posters on this board is that the game will be a blowout and it didn't feel that was the case.

Using the 44 scoring margin predictions up until War Knight's prediction, it totals 955 total scoring margin points. Divide that by 44 and the correct scoring margin average is 21.7 points.

If you take out the two joke predictions (3-2 and 100-0), the scoring margin average is 20.3 points. (854 / 42)

If you leave out the two joke predictions and factor in the 5 predictions since and including War Knight's prediction, the scoring margin average is 21.7 points. (1020 / 47)

So yes, the consensus among posters on this board is that the game will be a blowout.

And just to check my math the same way War Knight did......

44 predictions

AU: 1816

UL: 851

For an average of:

AU 41.2 - UL 19.3 = 21.9 points

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

And just to check my math the same way War Knight did......

44 predictions

AU: 1816

UL: 851

For an average of:

AU 41.2 - UL 19.3 = 21.9 points

yes, my 100 - 0 prediction was truly a joke...

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

Nuh uh

^Hah!

What I want to know is the Auburn vs Petrino score predictions. Have we talked about that, yet? That we play both Bobby and Paul Petrino this season? This Paul Petrino? Or this Paul Petrino?

RING THAT BELL! VANDALS, BABY! WOO!

Anyway, I'm sorry their daddy didn't love them, but it sure would be swell if Gus beat both of those joyless sacks of suck in one season. #PetrinoSweepFTW.

^Hah!

What I want to know is the Auburn vs Petrino score predictions. Have we talked about that, yet? That we play both Bobby and Paul Petrino this season? This Paul Petrino? Or this Paul Petrino?

RING THAT BELL! VANDALS, BABY! WOO!

Anyway, I'm sorry their daddy didn't love them, but it sure would be swell if Gus beat both of those joyless sacks of suck in one season. #PetrinoSweepFTW.

That is absolutely one of the top 10 most painfully awkward videos I'll watch this morning.

Side note- Anyone see the guy deadlifting with the same weight he was bicep curling in the background? Quite the S&C program they've got up there.

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

Well, there I go blindly trusting things I read on the interwebs again.

For an average of:

AU 27 - UL 20

Well, there I go blindly trusting things I read on the interwebs again.

Knew after seeing so many beatdown scores posted, had to do the math, tho I resisted about 5 times before giving in.

Aub wins 48-27. This score is giving Louisville offense the benefit of the doubt because of Petrino's rep as an offensive guru. However if our front 7 gets after the QB early and often, we could have them looking at the rush instead of the coverage like the Sack Brodie game. Once that happens the D will smell blood and it would not surprise me if we keep them in single digits.

I bet Louisville will be looking to run a lot of quick slants knowing our rush will be strong. They will want to release the ball very quickly.

Archived