uat's Richardson out - AU's Michael Dyer in with Raiders

AU-24

Nice story to share with recruits

http://espn.go.com/n...rent-richardson

Trent Richardson's once promising NFL career took another major hit when the Oakland Raiders cut him Monday, two NFL sources told ESPN.com.

The move came a day before the league-mandated deadline for teams to cut their rosters to 75 players.

Oakland gave Richardson $600,000 in guaranteed money this offseason after Indianapolis cut him. He missed the first portion of the Raiders' training camp because he was dealing with pneumonia. He didn't run well this preseason, finishing with 19 yards on five carries in a 30-23 loss to Arizona on Sunday.

A former Alabama running back, Richardson, 25, was the No. 3 overall draft pick by Cleveland in 2012. He was traded a year later to the Colts for a first-round pick. In three NFL seasons he has averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

Richardson's release might have opened the door for undrafted rookie Michael Dyer, a former Auburn and Louisville standout who has looked better than Richardson this summer.

Trent Richardson's once promising NFL career took another major hit when the Oakland Raiders cut him Monday, two NFL sources told ESPN.com.

The move came a day before the league-mandated deadline for teams to cut their rosters to 75 players.

Oakland gave Richardson $600,000 in guaranteed money this offseason after Indianapolis cut him. He missed the first portion of the Raiders' training camp because he was dealing with pneumonia. He didn't run well this preseason, finishing with 19 yards on five carries in a 30-23 loss to Arizona on Sunday.

A former Alabama running back, Richardson, 25, was the No. 3 overall draft pick by Cleveland in 2012. He was traded a year later to the Colts for a first-round pick. In three NFL seasons he has averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

Richardson's release might have opened the door for undrafted rookie Michael Dyer, a former Auburn and Louisville standout who has looked better than Richardson this summer.

I don't think Dyer would be the best example of an Auburn player done "good."

shows how much I know -- i certainly thought rent a trent was a sure pro. any thoughts on why this guy was such a bust?

he certainly does not look as muscular now as he did in college. roids better in t'town?

shows how much I know -- i certainly thought rent a trent was a sure pro. any thoughts on why this guy was such a bust?

he certainly does not look as muscular now as he did in college. roids better in t'town?

Because his vision is pathetic.

See pics in this thread for reference:

And you can bet the money entered into the decision....probably making about 10 times as much as Dyer and not showing that he is worth it.

He had a big dispute with the Colts over his 2015 salary ($3M) that someone is going to pay.....but perhaps not now?

I still like him.

I still like him.

His awesome run helped Auburn win a national championship, and for that I will always be grateful.

While playing for Alabama he had holes I could drive my semi truck through. You don't get those kind of holes in the NFL.

Trent got called the worst NFL running back of all time... damn.

http://www.al.com/sp...ed_news_article

"Richardson has averaged 3.31 yards for his 614 career carries. According to Pro Football Reference, only one running back in NFL history with at least 600 rushing attempts has a worse yards-per-carry average than Richardson. Clarke Hinkle averaged 3.30 yards on 1,171 carries for the Green Bay Packers from 1932 through 1941."

The main reason this makes me happy is because at the 2011 Iron Bowl I sat next to the most obnoxious Bammer who kept yelling "RTR! RUN TRENT RUN! HEISMAN!" It was made all the worse by the fact that Richardson started ripping off long runs towards the end of the game.

Skip Bayless nailed it. Trent was used to running behind a dominant UAT offensive line. I believe that is why Trent always ran to blocking rather than running to the hole--it worked at Bama. Trent never developed vision because he never needed vision.

My guess is Trent was uncoachable. I'm sure NFL RB coaches tried to coach him to look for the hole and cut, but he just couldn't overcome his tendency to run behind the blockers and wait for the hole to open in front of him--like it always did at Bama.

I just found a video of high school highlights of Richardson, and his style has not changed. He ignored gaping holes and just followed his blockers, sometimes lowering his head and putting his free hand on the back of the lead blocker.

Once through the line, Richardson did look around to find the best path.

Skip Bayless nailed it. Trent was used to running behind a dominant UAT offensive line. I believe that is why Trent always ran to blocking rather than running to the hole--it worked at Bama. Trent never developed vision because he never needed vision.

My guess is Trent was uncoachable. I'm sure NFL RB coaches tried to coach him to look for the hole and cut, but he just couldn't overcome his tendency to run behind the blockers and wait for the hole to open in front of him--like it always did at Bama.

I just found a video of high school highlights of Richardson, and his style has not changed. He ignored gaping holes and just followed his blockers, sometimes lowering his head and putting his free hand on the back of the lead blocker.

Once through the line, Richardson did look around to find the best path.

i don't think that is coachable.

While playing for Alabama he had holes I could drive my semi truck through. You don't get those kind of holes in the NFL.

He had holes...just went the wrong way.....he just could not overpower people like he did in college, and his poor vision for the developing play and hole was terrible

He had holes...just went the wrong way.....he just could not overpower people like he did in college, and his poor vision for the developing play and hole was terrible

All true. In the NFL the holes generally aren't gaping holes and they don't hold for long. You have to see it and hit it quickly.

Well, technically, maybe tRent is only the second worst NFL running back of all time... :rolleyes:

Richardson has averaged 3.31 yards for his 614 career carries. According to Pro Football Reference, only one running back in NFL history with at least 600 rushing attempts has a worse yards-per-carry average than Richardson. Clarke Hinkle averaged 3.30 yards on 1,171 carries for the Green Bay Packers from 1932 through 1941

Well, technically, maybe tRent is only the second worst NFL running back of all time... :rolleyes:

Richardson has averaged 3.31 yards for his 614 career carries. According to Pro Football Reference, only one running back in NFL history with at least 600 rushing attempts has a worse yards-per-carry average than Richardson. Clarke Hinkle averaged 3.30 yards on 1,171 carries for the Green Bay Packers from 1932 through 1941

Technically maybe the second worst but how pass happy was the NFL from 32-41? So I vote that with the amount of passing in today's game he is the worst...

Archived