2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1798618

Greenville (Ala.) five-star defensive end Marlon Davidson is on the clock.

The No. 1 defensive end is a little more than 24 hours from announcing his college choice.

Five-star DE Marlon Davidson

Davidson on Friday will choose one of his top seven schools during a ceremony in Greenville High School's auditorium.

The announcement is expected to begin around 11:45 a.m. CT.

"He'll be through eating lunch at 11:30, and then we'll walk to the auditorium and he'll announce," Greenville coach Josh McLendon said. "It should be a big day for him."

Michigan, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Clemson and Auburn make up Davidson's top seven schools. He made that cut on Wednesday.

Only one of the schools will make the final cut, and not many people know which one.

"He hasn't said anything to anybody," McLendon said. "He's keeping it a complete secret."

Even from his coach.

"I'll find out tomorrow like everyone else," McLendon said.

Rivals ranks Davidson the No. 1 player in Alabama. He is on pace to graduate high school in December and enroll in college in January.

Well this is setting up to be either a huge moment on the eve of a season with high hopes or one of the biggest recruiting disappointments in recent AU history. Be part of the AU family, Marlon, Muschamp is building his greatest D's ever right now!

Well this is setting up to be either a huge moment on the eve of a season with high hopes or one of the biggest recruiting disappointments in recent AU history. Be part of the AU family, Marlon, Muschamp is building his greatest D's ever right now!

We seem to have a few of these every year. Some examples: Kerryon, Roc, Evans, Foster, Cowart, and others. 100% of Marlon's crystal ball selections are to us. Sort of like Kerryon and we got him. Same with Roc but we were all still a little nervous before they announced. It is natural. The more important the recruit, the more uptight many of us get about it. We have lost some in the past, but we win many as well.

I hope we put Marlon into the win column tomorrow.

Do you really think this would be as big a disappointment as Foster or Evans? Both of them pretty much set us up on purpose, with malice aforethought. Davidson, at least, is being honest and naming a list. If he chooses to go elsewhere I can wish him good luck and mean it because he's played it straight. Those that chose to play games, I do not wish good luck for them.

We seem to have a few of these every year. Some examples: Kerryon, Roc, Evans, Foster, Cowart, and others. 100% of Marlon's crystal ball selections are to us. Sort of like Kerryon and we got him. Same with Roc but we were all still a little nervous before they announced. It is natural. The more important the recruit, the more uptight many of us get about it. We have lost some in the past, but we win many as well.

Kerryon is nothing like Rashaan or Foster. I'm glad you clarified further.

Kerryon is in a different list that includes JJ, Tre Williams, Lawson, Chandler Cox, and others that stuck with Auburn throughout their recruitment.

Do you really think this would be as big a disappointment as Foster or Evans? Both of them pretty much set us up on purpose, with malice aforethought. Davidson, at least, is being honest and naming a list. If he chooses to go elsewhere I can wish him good luck and mean it because he's played it straight. Those that chose to play games, I do not wish good luck for them.

Yeldon did us way dirtier than those two. Rashaan was never committed to us. Yeldon was committed until the midnight hour right before a no contact period before signing day.

*shudders* Reminds me of the bar exam.

Kerryon is in a different list that includes JJ, Tre Williams, Lawson, Chandler Cox, and others that stuck with Auburn throughout their recruitment.

Actually, what I was trying to point out is that when the kid is an elite type of player, we all get a bit nervous when they are announcing. You mentioned Lawson and that is perfect. I was not trying to separate the kids by how they treated us.....just pointing out when we feel the recruit is very important, we get a bit on edge. Anyway I think Marlon comes to AU.

Actually, what I was trying to point out is that when the kid is an elite type of player, we all get a bit nervous when they are announcing. You mentioned Lawson and that is perfect. I was not trying to separate the kids by how they treated us.....just pointing out when we feel the recruit is very important, we get a bit on edge. Anyway I think Marlon comes to AU.

Im not on edge about Davidson...

So Elijah Holyfield is committing tomorrow 30 minutes before Marlon. According to AJC Holyfield has been a silent commitment to ? for some time now. Seems a little pre-planned to me.

So Elijah Holyfield is committing tomorrow 30 minutes before Marlon. According to AJC Holyfield has been a silent commitment to ? for some time now. Seems a little pre-planned to me.

I think there is might be a detectable odor here also.

Archived