2016 5* DE Marlon Davidson (AU commit 9/4/15)

Browning4AU

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

et's get back to Marlon Davidson fellas. He visited Sunday and will be back Saturday.

Post less. Really. :-)

Lol +1

Has any 5* recruits committed to Auburn?

About 15 or so in the last 25 years. Hope that helps a4e

Hard hitting questions. Hard hitting answers.

(Are those real numbers? I have to think that at least half of those have come in the last 5 years or so.)

YEAR --- # OF 5* --- PLAYER NAMES

-----------------------------------------------------

2015 1 Cowart

2014 2 Roc, Tre' Williams

2013 2 Monty, Lawson

2012 0 N/A

2011 1 Christian Westerman

2010 2 Dyer, Trovon Reed

2009 0 N/A

2008 0 N/A

2007 0 N/A

2006 0 N/A

2005 1 Tray Blackmon

2004 0 N/A

2003 0 N/A

2002 1 Ben Obomanu

2001 2 Cadillac, Lemarcus Rowell

2000 1 Jason Cambell

1999 0 N/A

Total: 13 5* players signed since 1999

Note: All data obtained from 247Sports, which does not have data before 2009

Graphical Representation of data:

gallery_50011_110_17401.jpg

Great info. Thanks!

let's get back to Marlon Davidson fellas. He visited Sunday and will be back Saturday.

Post less. Really. :-)

That would be the preference but some will always post so it's best to try to steer them back on topic.

et's get back to Marlon Davidson fellas. He visited Sunday and will be back Saturday.

Absolutely.

I know Davidson isn't part of any package deals, but would we expect his commitment- should it happen- to sway any other guys we're looking at? Is he a popular guy on the camp circuit?

Absolutely.

I know Davidson isn't part of any package deals, but would we expect his commitment- should it happen- to sway any other guys we're looking at? Is he a popular guy on the camp circuit?

He won't have the rallying effect Byron did but it would be a positive.

Absolutely.

He won't have the rallying effect Byron did but it would be a positive.

Understood, thanks.

Everyone expects him to commit to AU. Probably should go ahead and pull the trigger and help with recruiting. I can't imagine many programs are giving him more than token attention since he is considered an Auburn lock by most experts.

Everyone expects him to commit to AU. Probably should go ahead and pull the trigger and help with recruiting. I can't imagine many programs are giving him more than token attention since he is considered an Auburn lock by most experts.

Bama still recruiting him hard

What does bump mean?

BUMP to bring up somebody's post typically by posting the word "bump" on a message board

Plus it makes people who are holding back valuable information spill the beans.

What does bump mean?

BUMP to bring up somebody's post typically by posting the word "bump" on a message board

The next time I see that will be the first time. What it does is make people waste time clicking on a thread that has nothing new in it.

What does bump mean?

The next time I see that will be the first time. What it does is make people waste time clicking on a thread that has nothing new in it.

Bump.

What does bump mean?

Bump.

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-go-to-beamers-but-when-i-do-i-spill-the-beans-to-britt-4a0d20.jpg

It does appear we are in with this one but I really do wish MD would pull the trigger and commit. Would help with recruiting others and make a lot of worry warts less frantic (although I'd imagine he couldn't care less about a bunch of folks on the interwebs :)).

Was a visual aid just used by Eng2016?? Heck yeah!!

It does appear we are in with this one but I really do wish MD would pull the trigger and commit. Would help with recruiting others and make a lot of worry warts less frantic (although I'd imagine he couldn't care less about a bunch of folks on the interwebs :)).

We good with Marlon.

You'll have to wait 4 or 5 months before he publicly commits.

It does appear we are in with this one but I really do wish MD would pull the trigger and commit. Would help with recruiting others and make a lot of worry warts less frantic (although I'd imagine he couldn't care less about a bunch of folks on the interwebs :)/>).

That p word you said is all anyone needs to know.

I don't know what you're talking about E, I committed months ago.

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1786143

AUBURN, Ala. | Greenville five-star defensive end Marlon Davidson was back in Auburn on Saturday after making a trip to campus earlier in the week.

Davidson, ranked the No. 1 strongside end in 2016, brought his aunt, cousin and brother with him to the Tigers' recruit cookout.

"I wanted them to get the feel for Auburn," Davidson said of his three family members. "And they loved it. Other than the heat, it was great.

"It was a more laid-back atmosphere, something fun to have that we can bond with the players and coaches. It was similar to Big Cat, but even more laid-back and not as competitive."

Davidson, 6-foot-3 and 280 pounds, spent time with the Auburn coaches as well as several recruits, including 2017 five-star OT commit Calvin Ashley, 2017 four-star OT Tony Gray and 2016 LB commit Tre Threat.

"It was great to get to know the staff and coaches even more before the season starts," Davidson said.

Davidson plans three more visits before the football season starts.

"I want to get up to Michigan, go down to Florida State and go to Clemson," he said. "I'm going to wait and visit LSU after the season starts."

Davidson will return to Auburn in the fall for games. He plans to narrow his list in November, announce in December and enroll in January.

Rivals ranks Davidson the No. 1 player in Alabama.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/5-star-de-favors-auburn-but-bama-and-uga-are-bunched-together-in-top-group#.VcDWn1VAGbs.mailto

This is the most I've seen him open up about his recruitment.

"If signing day were Wednesday I'd sign with Auburn "

https://www.dawgnati...Wn1VAGbs.mailto

This is the most I've seen him open up about his recruitment.

"If signing day were Wednesday I'd sign with Auburn "

Fantastic news!! Hopefully this is just a sign of things to come. Pulling in him and Gary, along with a couple of the other guys were are rumored for, would make for an OUTSTANDING DL haul this year.

Archived