2017 3* S J'marick Woods (Michigan commit 3/28/16)

cole256

Good for him. Weird that neither uat or Auburn showed any or very little interest. I could never get any info from the Auburn side as to why.

When we only signed one linebacker last year I made some comments about us missing on four highly rated in-state linebackers. Two signed with Mississippi State, one with Florida and one with Louisville. I was told right here on this message board that they weren't good enough for Auburn. Maybe the same applies and this guy isn't good enough either?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for him. Weird that neither uat or Auburn showed any or very little interest. I could never get any info from the Auburn side as to why.

When we only signed one linebacker last year I made some comments about us missing on four highly rated in-state linebackers. Two signed with Mississippi State, one with Florida and one with Louisville. I was told right here on this message board that they weren't good enough for Auburn. Maybe the same applies and this guy isn't good enough either?

You were also told that at the end in the last rankings for last year, which is what counts for ranking records, none of them were highly rated besides Jeremiah Moon barely holding onto his 4th* at the end. The Louisville signee ended up a mid grade 3* safety. The 2 Miss St signees were never highly rated as neither reached 4* on the composite at any point.

The staff's plan whether it be right or wrong for 2016 was always 2 but no more than 3 LBs. Bringing in TJ Neal to go along w/ Tre Threat we technically have their minimum of 2. It's a big if at this point but if SDj qualifies & we bring him in that would be 3.

Never saw his film, but regardless of whether he was good enough or not, Auburn probably wouldn't recruit him either way. I know for a fact a linebacker signed with Bama from Florence last year and surely if he is good enough for Bama, then he is good enough for Auburn.

He's just a 1st team all state safety as a junior with major offers....yeah I'm sure he's not good enough, what do Harbaugh know about football?

Never saw his film, but regardless of whether he was good enough or not, Auburn probably wouldn't recruit him either way. I know for a fact a linebacker signed with Bama from Florence last year and surely if he is good enough for Bama, then he is good enough for Auburn.

Apples and oranges. We tried to sign the Florence LB last year. Apparently neither AU nor UAT has offered Woods.

Harbaugh came to see the linebacker and didn't offer him but instead wanted woods...I remember we didn't want Beniquez either....he just turned out to be better than everybody linebacker we've had....But as always we'll see

Gave his life to Christ and committed on the same day.....Michigan getting a hell of an athlete....Alabama showed alot of interest, they had him at the school quite often. Auburn sucks recruiting in this area, plain and simple. They don't evaluate talent well in this area at all

Been that way for ever. We get one ever now and then.

Think I may be more upset about us not going after Chandler brewer....6-6 315 starting left tackle for mtsu as a TRUE freshman? Watch him when they played bammer had a couple of pancakes and pretty much owned his side of the line....I think he'd be starting easy this year as a redshirt freshman and we'd be set for a couple of years....

Apples and oranges. We tried to sign the Florence LB last year. Apparently neither AU nor UAT has offered Woods.

Oh yeah? Link where we offered Keaton.

• 2 weeks later...

Smh I didn't realize how young he was....He just turned 17 the other day....So much potential and I don't think we even offered

Cole, What is the reason we only have 3 commitments while others have more. Are most of the recruits waiting to see how we look during the season?

I don't know brother, E and wde probably know much more about that than me. Now my uneducated opinion is I think many of the recruits are waiting to see are we trending down or trending up. If we can have a good year this year I think we can really gain some momentum. Unfortunately I think that work both ways and if we start out bad it could really hurt us as well.

I don't know brother, E and wde probably know much more about that than me. Now my uneducated opinion is I think many of the recruits are waiting to see are we trending down or trending up. If we can have a good year this year I think we can really gain some momentum. Unfortunately I think that work both ways and if we start out bad it could really hurt us as well.

Could have a lot to do with the fact that we have 5 new coaches, too.

The good news is, we got off to a very slow start last year, too, and look how we ended, even after our record was a huge disappointment.

This is my opinion also. Combine that w/ teams recruiting hard against Gus's security if we don't have a good season & it's a pretty tough terrain sell wise for some kids.

This is my opinion also. Combine that w/ teams recruiting hard against Gus's security if we don't have a good season & it's a pretty tough terrain sell wise for some kids.

The way recruiting is going now if Gus can't pull out 8 wins AU will be lucky to crack the top 20 in recruiting. I'm at a lost of words right now. Losing a kid that was all but committed to AU to uat. Clown show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-football-notebook-j-marick-woods-is-the-truth-more

I didn't know what I was talking about though.....and his birthday was yesterday JUST turned 18. Knocking people out in Michigan already.....literally knocked a guy out one play.......wait until he goes through a weight program.....REMEMBER he was a life long Auburn fan. We didn't offer with ALL the help we need at safety

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't know what I was talking about though.

Why the whoa is me card? As far as I can tell you haven't been questioned in at least a year. You know your stuff...Let it go man.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why the whoa is me card? As far as I can tell you haven't been questioned in at least a year. You know your stuff...Let it go man.

I thinking you mean woe is me and if you read this thread that's what I'm talking about. I know I'm not questioned by every person on the board, but just like if someone questioned you, you'd have a rebuttal that's what I'm doing. It's just that with recruiting you have to wait a while before you can see who was right when there is a question. When I first wrote this the reply was maybe he's not good enough, this is a reply to THAT particular reply

And also I had an exchange with that same person in Peter's thread but I think it would be in bad taste to put the woods stuff in Peter's thread, I think you would have said why is this in Peter's thread as well

He loves Harbaugh. We need Harbaugh to go to the NFL to have a chance. He was a 4.0 guy in high school so I could see him graduating early

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

...... Hard to figure out what we were thinking

We were probably thinking we like Jordyn Peters better. The jury will still be out on that for some time to come.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

lol just more examples of him being THE AU FAM leader in humble bragging. You all tried to tell me it was viper tho!

Archived