• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Our RBs aren't as good as we thought they were

What's wrong with Barber?

Exactly, I was pleased with KJ as well

Jovon has got to be pissed.

He evidently was lol

Peyton Barber should NEVER have to pay for a meal again in Auburn! I'll buy his first meal. Glad we can kill who our starting RB is though. Glad Barber got it..was rooting for him that he would. Without Barber...we'd be 0-2 right now.

All I can say is thank GOD for Barber on O and Adams on D with out them we would be 0-2 instead of 2-0.The only players on the field giving it their all.I don't what is wrong with JJ but we can't win many games with him playing this way.

Guess I'm going to be the first to bring it up.....I don't know if my memory escapes me but has nick even had an outing as bad as jeremy has in two games? How does a cb turned qb do what he does and jeremy does what he does....I know nick was a run threat also but i don't remember him throwing directly to defenders this much, but like i said maybe my memory escapes me... :-\

JJ made a clutch throw at the end of the game. You build on that heading into next week. Obviously not suggesting you don't go over his mistakes. But, Gus put the game in his hands there. I give the kid credit for not folding.

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

Exactly...just a tad. BRUH.......

I'm not gonna prop up JJ because he made some mistakes but without the INTs he had a good day. Get that under control and we are a decent team

I'll agree with that. But I thought that issue would have been addressed after the Louisville game. I mean, they had plenty to work with to show him what NOT to do.

Unfortunately,I'm afraid something like that takes time that we don't have. Sux for JJ but I feel like the hype has gone to his head.

What's wrong with Barber?

Exactly, I was pleased with KJ as well

Jovon has got to be pissed.

He evidently was lol

I asked the guy about it on twitter and he was serious about Jovon having to be restrained. We have no team chemistry.

1. Our QB isn't as good as we thought he was

3. Carl Lawson can't stay healthy, and without him our Defense can't play for some reason.

4. Our team couldn't have been more disinterested in playing this game, and it showed from the start.

Ummmmm Peyton Barber is pretty damn good

Peyton Barber is EVERYTHING right now for us. You can put blame on the Oline for not being consistent.

For those who say Jax St. is really good. WRONG! Just wait and see how they do the rest of the season. They'll be just like UL who lost today. JSU gets credit but REALLY. We have a ton of work to do. Plain and simple.

Uh, they actually aren't bad at the FCS level. No excuse, but they'll win games within their subdivision.

10 negatives and 10 positives:

Negatives:

1)Really concerned about injuries

2)Would have like to have seen Jeremy benched at some point even if for a series

3)We are entirely different defense without Countess, Tre, Lawson, Halsey

4)We have to have a mobile QB 101 class.

5)Jeremy needs to make his reads. Can't throw the ball straight into defenders numbers.

6)Roc is an injury and fumble risk but a solid receiver out of the backfield.

7)Jovon not being played made little sense. After his out burst it made more sense but I think a lot of us were in agreement.

8)TEs and H-backs aren't targeted enough as usual and could really help Jeremy with comfort.

9)Playcalling, at times, remains a head scratcher

10)It worries me further Jeremy didn't play better against a smaller team. I figured he would be less pressured and get his legs under him in this game. Instead I saw shade of Frazier.

Positives:

1)Peyton Barber/Jonathan Ford/Ricardo Louis/Montravius Adams/Casanova Mckinzy

2)Special teams won us this game in reality

3)Penetration on defense was excellent but wrapping up and pursuit not so much

4)I saw heart in Barber that reminded me of Mason and I saw that same heart in the defense at the end

5)I still believe Muschamp will do wonders for this defense. It's simply the most dysfunctional one he has ever come across

6)I didn't drive 10 hours from Orlando to watch that game :plan

7)WR blocking has improved a lot D Craig is a smart guy and maybe should be coaching QBS

8)Time management was excellent on that last drive. Seems small but this is something some veteran coaches struggle with.

9)No major injuries to my knowledge?

10)Countess doesn't have to miss any game time next week.

War eagle

Adams was in their backfield quite a bit. He had a good game. McKinzy made some big plays. But the defense was really depleted today. Lawson, Holsey, Countess, Garrett.

As someone said earlier -- Muschamp left his defense in Florida, but brought his offense instead. Barber was a Hoss, Louis was also really good. JJ can make a spectacular throw one minute, then a bone-headed throw the next.

The old adage that a team progresses the most from week 1 to week 2. Didn't happen. Let's be honest. Unless the offense plays a lot better next week, LSU will stomp Auburn into a bloody pulp and dump Tabasco in the wounds.

I'm not gonna prop up JJ because he made some mistakes but without the INTs he had a good day. Get that under control and we are a decent team

I'll agree with that. But I thought that issue would have been addressed after the Louisville game. I mean, they had plenty to work with to show him what NOT to do.

Unfortunately,I'm afraid something like that takes time that we don't have. Sux for JJ but I feel like the hype has gone to his head.

Well, he ought to be cured of that now. He almost led the team to its worst defeat in history. If that doesn't humble him, nothing will.

It'll take our OL a bit to gel. I'm not totally worried about them.

Running game seems fine when it counts.

Defense is a mess. That was as bad as any Ellis Johnson showing.

Yes it was. I'm not making excuses for anyone else's bad play. But that defense is just different with Matthews and Lawson on the field. Both leaders. Both extremely physical and imposing players. We'll need them against LSU.

Well, he ought to be cured of that now. He almost led the team to its worst defeat in history. If that doesn't humble him, nothing will.

Ball players have a different mindset as we do.

Archived