***Auburn 27 Jacksonville State 20 (OT) Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

1. Our QB isn't as good as we thought he was

2. Our RBs aren't as good as we thought they were

3. Carl Lawson can't stay healthy, and without him our Defense can't play for some reason.

4. Our team couldn't have been more disinterested in playing this game, and it showed from the start.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barber and Louis were phenomenal today. Credit should go to Adams and Mckinzy for their play on defense. At this point it is apparent that the defense will struggle, mostly, because we are having to play a lot of young guys.

Johnson is not the answer but I doubt we have any options at quarterback. There are obvious deficiencies in the coaching of our quarterbacks and that has been the case with Malzahn since he has been here. Malzahn has done well with the players that have been coached elsewhere and transferred in but he has yet to have a recruited quarterback play well at Auburn.

For those who say Jax St. is really good. WRONG! Just wait and see how they do the rest of the season. They'll be just like UL who lost today. JSU gets credit but REALLY. We have a ton of work to do. Plain and simple.

Peyton Barber is the MF'in man and that's my #1 thing

2. We need Carl and Tray back

3. Still a tad worried about JJ

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

a tad?

A tad bc I can see what JJ can do and if he gets going our O will be lethal. I'm not ready to give up on JJ yet

well...it is good having people like u here cuz my optimism went through the window

It starts with JJ but we have other concerns. Our offense is running in slow motion. I'm looking at ole miss and that's the way we're supposed to look. Yes our corners are young and our Dline at times can be stronger but our biggest problem on D is lack of the SEC lbs. problem is they are out there too much because our offense sputters. I don't understand how we look so bad overall on both sides of the ball.

I respect Gus for throwing on 2nd and 3rd down at the end of the 4th. Jeremy Johnson is going to have to improve ALOT moving forward. I expect they are going to severely limit the playbook against LSU. But, Gus put the game in his hands in the end, and he delivered. I'm glad JJ ended the game on a clutch note like that.

a tad?

I'm not ready to give up on him. But Gus HAS to consider it.

a tad?

well...it is good having people like u here cuz my optimism went through the window

Don't get me wrong, JJ is frustrating me to no end, but I see the talent that's there. if he gets in a comfortable rhythm it'll be fun to watch

I'm not gonna prop up JJ because he made some mistakes but without the INTs he had a good day. Get that under control and we are a decent team

I'll agree with that. But I thought that issue would have been addressed after the Louisville game. I mean, they had plenty to work with to show him what NOT to do.

Archived