I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

I wish ESPN had shown more of the downfield, so we could see what SW was seeing. I'd like to see how many receivers and missed plays we had. The video was to closely focused at the line of scrimmage.

That's been tough for me, also. Hard to tell. I'll say this on Jeremy's behalf: seems like Sean is not seeing much more daylight downfield than Jeremy did. The difference *in my not-terribly-smart opinion* is that Sean handled that better than Jeremy did.

White on his downfield throw threw it out of bounds on the outside and jj through it in the middle. Neither hardly ever just said this play will not work so I'm throwing it away besides the throw in the dirt screen play. So it's not too much difference but the fact white knew to do that shows he's thinking about not giving the ball away, so that's more to work with

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is headache inducing.

Most of the threads since Saturday are headache inducing. Agreed.

It would be ok if there were more than 8 people on this board you could actually talk to without it getting combative

Dare to name them??????????????????

Britt, Clayton, scy, loof, mims, ichy chimes...And some cool people that come every now and again.

Britt?? He ain't right in the head.

this is headache inducing.

Most of the threads since Saturday are headache inducing. Agreed.

It would be ok if there were more than 8 people on this board you could actually talk to without it getting combative

Dare to name them??????????????????

Britt, Clayton, scy, loof, mims, ichy chimes...And some cool people that come every now and again.

Lol. Didn't even name Golf. I guess that's what he gets for asking haha.

You got me FE damn it. At my age I don't want to be on anybody's list

Sean was managing the game and made very little passes downfield just like his spring game. The Back caught more passes in in the 1st 3 quarters than WR. I think mistakes and all JJ gives us a better chance win. there is no way we beat anyone good with he QB throwing check downs.

Sean was managing the game and made very little passes downfield just like his spring game. The Back caught more passes in in the 1st 3 quarters than WR. I think mistakes and all JJ gives us a better chance win. there is no way we beat anyone good with he QB throwing check downs.

This guy.

A QB that throws to his check downs 80-90% of the time is still better than a QB who refuses to consider even looking at his check downs and opting to hit stationary defenders in the chest IMO. I liked SW's game considering he had poor protection and had never even stepped on the field.

Although JJ was so bad with his turnovers that I'm trying to figure out if I set the bar too low in terms of what good QB play would be for this team like how fans view J Wallace's time at QB. Wallace just needed to be anything BUT Frazier and he did that while showing effort.

Sean White needed to not throw the ball to the other team, and minus an understandable freshman mistake, he took good care of the rock. But again, I was just hoping our QB wasn't going to play like he had his eyes closed in the pocket.

So you would rather Sean throw it up for grabs into triple coverage rather than to his check downs? Seriously?

This guy.

I love how 3 interceptions/game is better than managing one. #gunsup #pkewpkew

This guy.

If you ain't first yer last! Sling that dang ball around, boy! Ain't nobody got time fer them sissy checkdowns!

This guy.

If you ain't first yer last! Sling that dang ball around, boy! Ain't nobody got time fer them sissy checkdowns!

How are Walker and Texas Ranger doing, btw?

Add me to the list that disagrees with the original thought of this thread. I think SW looked much better than JJ. He looked more confident and, as others pointed out, went through his progressions better. JJ throws multiple INTs a game, SW had one. Given the pressure State was putting on SW, I will accept one INT given it was his first game, as I believeJJ probably would have thrown more than one INT and would have been sacked several times with the same pressure. There was no deep ball to have this game because the State defensive scheme took that threat away.

With more reps in practice and game snaps, I think SW is the guy to stick with right now and see where he takes the offense.

Also, I don't think JJ takes it 31 yards on the long carry SW had. He looked good on that run. Lol it might've been our longest play of the year haha

I wish ESPN had shown more of the downfield, so we could see what SW was seeing. I'd like to see how many receivers and missed plays we had. The video was to closely focused at the line of scrimmage.

Totally agree, how is that camera crew still employed?

BigBird, correct me if I'm wrong, but do you believe that State was keeping the safety two deep to take away the home run because they didn't believe that Sean was a worthwhile threat to beat us with his legs?

This guy.

How are Walker and Texas Ranger doing, btw?

Still shakin' and bakin' !

I think the blueprint on stopping the Gus Bus offense is keep everything in front of you. Do not give up the big play because that is where Gus makes his living. All the side to side action and 2 yard gains up the middle are to bring the safeties in and then you burn them deep by having them out of position -- whether by pass or on the ground. If you commit to eliminating the big play you are putting your money on forcing Gus to string together 12 play drives and the chances of a drive killing mistake (holding) or Gus getting too cute on the playcalls increase. And then forcing the O to score in the red-zone has been a huge problem for Gus lately. IDK if it's an OL issue or what.

Gus' 2 most prolific offenses at AU were predicated on running essentially the same thing over and over. Keep running Cam, or keep running the zone read with NM and Tre Mason.

We need that money play for this team and unfortunately I think we need a big time threat on the ground from the QB

I've noticed often it seems like AU's first drive -- the pre-scripted drive -- always has lots of variety and, vs Miss St, looked good. Then we get away from that style of playcalling.

I didn't view it as MSU trying to take away a deep threat, AU just hasn't really thrown it much at all this year and CGM sure as hell wasn't gonna call it much for SW to throw in his first start. It was bad enough that TWICE CGM/CRL called the stupid QB roll out to the boundary side inside the 5 yard line!! I mean you are effectively taking away 2/3 of the playing field by doing that to a guy in his first career start?!? Stupid play call to me.

Overall, I thought SW was much better managing the game and the offense, AU methodically moved the ball multiple times, got in the redzone 4 times, but then pooping all over the bed with the play call strategy once got in the redzone. Not sure why the 3-4 player substitutions in b/t plays either? That seemed to make the O predictable in that MSU seemed to know a pass was coming and would then bring pressure. I don't like that CGM's offense seems to NOT allow the QB to make checks at the line out of a play when there is obvious blitz coming.

Totally agree, how is that camera crew still employed?

BigBird, correct me if I'm wrong, but do you believe that State was keeping the safety two deep to take away the home run because they didn't believe that Sean was a worthwhile threat to beat us with his legs?

If I'm the coach I'm not even doing that because of a qb's legs. I'd look at it as a struggling team with a new qb, make them have to run lots of plays...they're bound to shoot themselves in the foot several times trying to make drives. Also with our offense if I was playing against us I'd think at least two times every drive my defense can get a play where we cause them to lose around 5 yards to force them in a third and long.

Lastly I'd think there's no way Auburn would be throwing on first downs with a new qb so blitz heavy on first down. And that's what they did

But if any of you think white throws that td jj threw on third down that jax st game you're kidding yourself.

I'm calling hypocrisy . You're saying what White can't do based on what ?

I think the blueprint on stopping the Gus Bus offense is keep everything in front of you. Do not give up the big play because that is where Gus makes his living. All the side to side action and 2 yard gains up the middle are to bring the safeties in and then you burn them deep by having them out of position -- whether by pass or on the ground. If you commit to eliminating the big play you are putting your money on forcing Gus to string together 12 play drives and the chances of a drive killing mistake (holding) or Gus getting too cute on the playcalls increase. And then forcing the O to score in the red-zone has been a huge problem for Gus lately. IDK if it's an OL issue or what.

Gus' 2 most prolific offenses at AU were predicated on running essentially the same thing over and over. Keep running Cam, or keep running the zone read with NM and Tre Mason.

We need that money play for this team and unfortunately I think we need a big time threat on the ground from the QB

I've noticed often it seems like AU's first drive -- the pre-scripted drive -- always has lots of variety and, vs Miss St, looked good. Then we get away from that style of playcalling.

it worked for Diaz because we didn't make our rushing success count in points. If we had those safeties will start creeping up. Then you burn them.

But if any of you think white throws that td jj threw on third down that jax st game you're kidding yourself.

I'm calling hypocrisy . You're saying what White can't do based on what ?

Hypocrisy? Lol. Ok. Based on he didn't come close to throwing any td's. Like everyone said this was his first playing time so of course he was amped up. That moment 3rd and long pretty much for the game is much more pressure.

it worked for Diaz because we didn't make our rushing success count in points. If we had those safeties will start creeping up. Then you burn them.

That's true. Man, what a difference just getting 2 TDs (lol or 1 for that matter) out of the 4 RZ possessions would've been. If we had the same exact production except for finishing 2 of those drives properly I think the vibe around here and the program (and the QB) is completely different.

I'm just telling you how I look at it. If it was me I'm blitzing on first playing the cover 2 and making a struggling offense with a new qb make the right decision consecutively on alot of plays. I wouldn't change that up until the redzone or I think the qb figured it out.

I'm just telling you how I look at it. If it was me I'm blitzing on first playing the cover 2 and making a struggling offense with a new qb make the right decision consecutively on alot of plays. I wouldn't change that up until the redzone or I think the qb figured it out.

I agree with you Cole. I would even take it a step further. Forcing Gus to call long drives doesn't seem to be his strong suit unless he has a money play in his playbook. Eventually something will happen to derail the drive. Whether it be the freshman QB making a mistake or Gus deciding to deviate from the plays that were working up until that point, a long drive is bad news for the AU offense currently.

Archived