Malzahn's Postgame Presser - Kentucky

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn

Malzahn: "Big win for our team. I'm very proud of our players and coaches"

Malzahn: "Sean White, I thought really had a good game through the air"

Malzahn on decision to punt on 4th and 1 late in the game: "Put the pressure on our defense and our defense responded"

Malzahn on Ricardo: "That may have been the first game when he's completely healthy...He made some big-time plays with the ball in the air"

Malzahn on HUNH: "We really tried to stress the tempo and play fast"

Malzahn on Carl Lawson traveling: "He's one of our team leaders. We hope to get him back before the end of the season."

Malzahn on QB competition: "They competed very hard, which is always good. ... Sean raised his level."

Malzahn: "We needed this win...It gives us momentum...We're going in a positive direction"

Malzahn: "We'll recruit tomorrow and give these guys a little time to refresh and get ready to go to Arkansas"

@EvanMcCullers

Malzahn on Kerryon: "We knew early in fall camp that he had special ability. ... He's a playmaker. ... We need to get him more involved"

Malzahn on defense: When the game is on the line and you need your defense to respond, they did

@AUBlog

Gus was a little more animated than he has been lately. It's obvious that he doesn't like that one reporter. Is that Crepea? Idk But good to see him a little more relaxed and looking a little more positive.

Glad for Gus. Haven't seen him this happy for a win in a while..can tell it means alot. I believe him when he says we are going in the right direction

Gus was a little more animated than he has been lately. It's obvious that he doesn't like that one reporter. Is that Crepea? Idk But good to see him a little more relaxed and looking a little more positive.

Yes that was Crepea. I'm glad Gus said that to him too.

Two things I'm going to point out. Gus said both qb's raised their level but white didn't do anything to lose the job...I said that when talking about who was going to start. I started a thread about that reporter guy and Gus said he's always negative....If that doesn't prove how connected I am to the program then I don't know what to tell you...

Malzahn on defense: When the game is on the line and you need your defense to respond, they did

.... with dropped balls.

Two things I'm going to point out. Gus said both qb's raised their level but white didn't do anything to lose the job...I said that when talking about who was going to start. I started a thread about that reporter guy and Gus said he's always negative....If that doesn't prove how connected I am to the program then I don't know what to tell you...

Haha.

You said it man.

Haha.

You said it man.

I think it was ironman that brought up the conflict with Crepea before the season started because I commented on it too. But yes cole did say jj and sean were the same haha....I think there was a thread with title something like that anyways.

Yes that was Crepea. I'm glad Gus said that to him too.

Haha, that was awesome. Glad he said it too.

.... with dropped balls.

To be fair Ricardo returned the favor(s)

"I don't know why you always wanna be negative with every question..." I normally find Gus to be boring in pressers, but that was perfect delivery.

.... with dropped balls.

So this means the defense is finally maturing...............

Archived