2016 JUCO RB Tyren Jones

ellitor

fyi for all- It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser, as posted on this site. So Mikey's statement above happens to be 100% accurate.

"Lashlee on Jovon: "Peyton is a better pass protector. He's more experienced and has done it more. That's why he was in certain times."

http://www.aufamily....lashlee-speaks/

Ignore what the coaches say and instead let's personally attack a poster. That is bush league. I remember Cadillac not playing in the first few games because he was not able to pick up the different blitzes. You cannot get your QB killed.

Sorry for the rant but as Golf said this is a Tyren thread.

I so agree which is why I wanted to provide the actual record, however, I have no intention of getting into their overall discussion. On Tyren, for some reason I am not overly enthusiastic about him and remain on the fence.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.al.com/au...igger_role.html

"Due in part to his 232-pound frame, Robinson has been the best pass protector so far. "

"If he knows who he's getting, he does a really nice job there," Horton said. "From a pass protection standpoint, I think Jovon's been the most efficient and effective."

I guess Robinson forgot how to block when the season started.

C'mon...You post an article from April 10th? Bogus much? Apparently he did forget how to block once the season started. Look at our coach's comments at a recent press conference. It was plainly stated that Barber got more snaps because Robinson wasn't as good at blocking. It's still on the first page of the main football forum. Keeping current would help you to avoid appearing so foolish.

The fact that this was all he came up with tells you everything

It is par for the course.

fyi for all- It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser, as posted on this site. So Mikey's statement above happens to be 100% accurate.

"Lashlee on Jovon: "Peyton is a better pass protector. He's more experienced and has done it more. That's why he was in certain times."

so you think Mikey is correct that Robinson forgot how to do pass protection. Good grief.

"Due in part to his 232-pound frame, Robinson has been the best pass protector so far. "

"If he knows who he's getting, he does a really nice job there," Horton said. "From a pass protection standpoint, I think Jovon's been the most efficient and effective."

C'mon...You post an article from April 10th? Bogus much? Apparently he did forget how to block once the season started. Look at our coach's comments at a recent press conference. It was plainly stated that Barber got more snaps because Robinson wasn't as good at blocking. It's still on the first page of the main football forum. Keeping current would help you to avoid appearing so foolish.

so you think Mikey is correct that Robinson forgot how to do pass protection. Good grief.

I thought it was obvious that all I was referring to is the fact that the Barber/Robinson blocking issue was mentioned in the presser, just as Mikey stated. If it wasn't obvious, now you know. But I think I will edit the post to make it clear. All the rest of the characterizations are just back and forth by the 2 of you and is something I don't care to comment on.

I thought it was obvious that all I was referring to is the fact that the Barber/Robinson blocking issue was mentioned in the presser, just as Mikey stated. If it wasn't obvious, now you know. But I think I will edit the post to make it clear. All the rest of the characterizations are just back and forth by the 2 of you and is something I don't care to comment on.

You did the exact opposite of qualifying your statement when you said Mikey was 100% correct. To me that means the totality of his statement was correct but I guess that is either not the case or you are backtracking, whatever. My point is that if Horton once said Robinson's pass blocking was exceptional, then he isnt that much of a liability at pass protection that would prevent him from being drafted. Even if he was a liability, all that means is that he will not be a third down back on the next level. Which is highly common.

I'm just saying be consistent. You can't base one debate saying listen to the coaches but then have other debates where you say the coaches were just saying what people wanted to hear.

And the game was tied so we weren't playing from behind it still doesn't explain why barber had to get touches in the second half. Bring in Robinson when the actual run plays are called.

You did the exact opposite of qualifying your statement when you said Mikey was 100% correct. To me that means the totality of his statement was correct but I guess that is either not the case or you are backtracking, whatever. My point is that if Horton once said Robinson's pass blocking was exceptional, then he isnt that much of a liability at pass protection that would prevent him from being drafted. Even if he was a liability, all that means is that he will not be a third down back on the next level. Which is highly common.

Nobody is backtracking on anything Jeff and there is nothing here for you to argue about. I did exactly what I wanted to do, namely, not comment on the substance of your back and forth with Mikey but provide a link about the presser he had referred to.

Personally, I thought it was clear that my last sentence about Mikey's accuracy referred to the presser as stated in my first sentence, "It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser". But just for you, I have clarified it even more, now twice. Moving on.....

So another thread, another day and Cole and Jeff are arguing non-stop with people regardless of the quoted facts presented. One thing I will say: you two are very consistent.

Nobody is backtracking on anything Jeff and there is nothing here for you to argue about. I did exactly what I wanted to do, namely, not comment on the substance of your back and forth with him but provide a link about the presser Mikey referred to.

Personally, I thought it was clear that my last sentence about Mikey's accuracy referred to the presser and to my first sentence, "It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser". But just for you, I have clarified it even more now twice.

Dude. I got you the last time. Chill out.

So another thread, another day and Cole and Jeff are arguing non-stop with people regardless of the quoted facts presented. One thing I will say: you two are very consistent.

Anything about football ma'am? I notice you're always on the forum but never have anything to say about football

Cool story bro.

Any way back to Jones. He left bammer because he wasn't the guy went to juco, I imagine ANY juco wants to go somewhere where they'll play. Coming into a situation like ours wouldn't be ideal to say the least

Nobody is backtracking on anything Jeff and there is nothing here for you to argue about. I did exactly what I wanted to do, namely, not comment on the substance of your back and forth with him but provide a link about the presser Mikey referred to.

Personally, I thought it was clear that my last sentence about Mikey's accuracy referred to the presser and to my first sentence, "It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser". But just for you, I have clarified it even more now twice.

Seek help, soon.

Seek help, soon.

You said Mikey's statement was 100 percent correct. And his statement involved more than the presser. So I assumed you meant all of it. Although I think you should qualify your statements better( and I noticed you clarified) I subsequently admitted to misinterpreting your statement so there was no reason for you repeat yourself again. And there sure as heck is no need for you to act like a d bag like AU24.

Seek help, soon.

You said Mikey's statement was 100 percent correct. And his statement involved more than the presser. So I assumed you meant all of it. Although I think you should qualify your statements better( and I noticed you clarified) I subsequently admitted to misinterpreting your statement so there was no reason for you repeat yourself again. And there sure as heck is no need for you to act like a d bag like AU24.

Ok let's not cross the line....nobody should be compared to au24....let's remember in the end we don't want to say hurtful things like that to each other

I don't see what we'd want with Tyren Jones. The running back cupboard is rather full at the moment. The only one that's being discussed as leaving early is not, by his own coach's admission, an adequate blocker so he's likely not NFL ready.

Like I said, there are third down backs for a reason. And, let me add this, if you think running backs cannot succeed in the NFL if they can't pass block, look up Matt Forte.

We have 3 extraordinary RBs and one solid one. Unless Jones is extraordinary I see no reason to bring him in. Miller will be coming in in the Spring and other than potential "pass protection" issues, looks solid enough to play if needed. Now if we could get Walker, the #1 RB in this class, Holyfield or another FR stud then hell yeah, we take another RB.

If Jovon makes it known he's declaring after this season then it changes the dynamic somewhat.

We have 3 extraordinary RBs and one solid one. Unless Jones is extraordinary I see no reason to bring him in. Miller will be coming in in the Spring and other than potential "pass protection" issues, looks solid enough to play if needed. Now if we could get Walker, the #1 RB in this class, Holyfield or another FR stud then hell yeah, we take another RB.

If Jovon makes it known he's declaring after this season then it changes the dynamic somewhat.

You can never have too many RB's. Also People seem to forget that Malik Miller got hurt right around playoffs.

Seek help, soon.

Ok let's not cross the line....nobody should be compared to au24....let's remember in the end we don't want to say hurtful things like that to each other

I love you, cole.

You can never have too many RB's. Also People seem to forget that Malik Miller got hurt right around playoffs.

I didn't know that. Was it anything serious?

Also, I've yet to hear anything great about Jones. Does he have any skills beyond an average back?

I personally would prefer a good high school guy vs a decent JUCO guy........provided Jovon stays, if he doesn't then it gets into a numbers thing.

Seek help, soon.

You can save the name calling. Based off your "back track" comment you sure didn't seem to get it. In addition, I've never had any problems what so ever with AU24, therefore I don't think he is a "d bag" as you put it. It's very possible that you just rub him the wrong way. dunno

Well I never had any problems out of you until you told me to "seek help" over nothing. Just wait for it.

Seek help, soon.

You can save the name calling. Based off your "back track" comment you sure didn't seem to get it. In addition, I've never had any problems what so ever with AU24, therefore, I don't think he is a "d bag" as you put it. It's very possible that you just rub him the wrong way, I dunno.

Archived