Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

This should be on Auburn's Christmas wish list. A new strength coach. Our guys have been pushed around ever since Malzahn hired Ryan Russell 2 years ago Yox was better this guy. Malzahn should hire a new OC/QB coach, a new OL coach and a new DL coach. BTW, why in this world doesn't Gus use the tight end? maybe he needs to take lesions from Saban on the right offense it takes to win.

No one was bitching about Russell in 2013.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since lsu, Auburn has lost 5 games. The difference in score was 8, 8, 8, 7 and today 16. In these games AU scored 9, 13, 13, 19 and 47(4 OT).

Muschamps passion is such a breath of freash air, and seems to be rubbing off on these guys.

Our defense gave up +250 yards to one RB tonight....Muschamp has a lot of work left to do IMO.

It's all about how many points they give up IMO.

This should be on Auburn's Christmas wish list. A new strength coach. Our guys have been pushed around ever since Malzahn hired Ryan Russell 2 years ago Yox was better this guy. Malzahn should hire a new OC/QB coach, a new OL coach and a new DL coach. BTW, why in this world doesn't Gus use the tight end? maybe he needs to take lesions from Saban on the right offense it takes to win.

The strength coach? Really?

Since lsu, Auburn has lost 5 games. The difference in score was 8, 8, 8, 7 and today 16. In these games AU scored 9, 13, 13, 19 and 47(4 OT).

Muschamps passion is such a breath of freash air, and seems to be rubbing off on these guys.

Our defense gave up +250 yards to one RB tonight....Muschamp has a lot of work left to do IMO.

What you say may be true, but he IS likely the Heisman winner. Even before we played them.

Also, if our O can sustain drives, rest and inspire our D, and keep Henry off the field it would help A LOT.

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

As if it weren't obvious enough you could not figure it out. LOL.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

When y'all consult with Gus and Rhett y'all let him know how to fix it.

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Even though she is a former beauty queen, I personally think she'd whip your ass. LOL

was the award won at the fair or circus I'm sure she would with those hoofs. LOL

Really insulting his wife?? Smh

In addition to being clueless, he is classless. Go figure.

my bad I thought you were refering to Cole since y'all were tick for tack earlier. No I don't mean to talk about you personally my apologies. I'm done and hope you are as well ;) my redneck bomb fire is getting away from me lol

No prob bro. You lost all respect a long time ago. I am done too. WDE.

I can't defend that the O didn't play as well as they could have, or well enough to win. But, the D had its share of miscues as well. Giving up 270 yards in rushing to a single player isn't going to win you too many games. Letting Crocker escape multiple situations that he should have been sacked for huge losses doesn't help. Giving up 30 yards in penalties, on a single play, isn't stellar. A dropped IN that I could have run for 6 doesn't help.

Quit looking for the easy button and trying to find one person to blame. We were a huge underdog, and frankly bama has the better team this year. We could have won, but we needed to play a near perfect game aND had to capitalize on just about every opportunity we had - we didn't. All I am saying is there were missed opportunities in every facet of the game.

I don't like moral victories, but that are some losses that are better or worse than others. This team played hard and never quit. They lost the game, but they can hold their head up with the effort they displayed.

I'm not looking for any easy button. I'm telling you what the problem is. Our D made some mistakes and didn't capitalize on some opportunities. Fine. But the fact remains that even a middling offensive performance, we would have won this game and probably 2 or 3 more. Our D held them under 30 points, and probably would have been better against Henry if our O could have possessed the dang ball. Look at the TOP stats, for goodness sake. Bama flat dominated the second half.

The only reason we even got out of single flipping digits and kept it within a single possession after halftime is because of a great, but flukey, play by Jason Smith.

Not trying to speculate wildly, but has anyone noticed referee Tom Ritter's odd facial expression and slurred speech during some of the games he's called this year? Does anyone have any actual insight into this? Today's game was the 2nd or third slurred speech game I've seen this year, but I also saw/heard him call a game with absolutely normal speech a few weeks back.

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

As if it weren't obvious enough you could not figure it out. LOL.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

When y'all consult with Gus and Rhett y'all let him know how to fix it.

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Even though she is a former beauty queen, I personally think she'd whip your ass. LOL

was the award won at the fair or circus I'm sure she would with those hoofs. LOL

Really insulting his wife?? Smh

In addition to being clueless, he is classless. Go figure.

my bad I thought you were refering to Cole since y'all were tick for tack earlier. No I don't mean to talk about you personally my apologies. I'm done and hope you are as well ;)/> my redneck bomb fire is getting away from me lol

We just agreed on a point, we actually had plenty of debates but there's a way to do it. It doesn't have to be personal just because you disagree with someone and it doesn't mean you're lovey dovey when you agree with a point....just have respect and some things like family shouldn't ever even come into play of insulting.

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

Please don't mention this. So many posters on this board are super sensitive to this subject.

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

Have you noticed we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

Changing the subject a bit, but anyone who was at the game, how did you think the Bama fans acted? In my experience, they were strangely civil. I didn't hear cursing, they didn't do the "we just beat the **** out of you." And I didn't hear "Row Tahd" all that much. Even after the game Auburn fans really showed up to support our guys. I'm proud of that. And my daughter, who watched it on TV, said the announcers said the un-sportsmanlike penalty was thrown on the fans. Is that right?

Have you notice we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

That was the play that told me how tonight was going to go. JJ could've scored or at least gotten very close, the corner, who he was optioning, had a bad angle and JJ's momentum would've carried him in. However, he looked to get the ball out of his hands. He looked scared and panicked in doing so, he threw the ball way to hard. If he had just flicked it or tossed it to KJ he walks in.

hiring an offensive coach and finishing two straight seasons with a L because we couldn't score when it mattered. Great.

This is it.

Gus not even close to getting it done. That is THE bottom line.

Hope we see a change. Either Gus calls the plays or something. We only run one back when you should run two and then tonight you run two backs and give neither a chance to get in a rythm.

Hugh Freeze making Gus look jv. Big time.

That's a great point, Cole. In 2010 we dared people to stop Cam. In 2013, we dared people to stop Tre. We lined up and said "were coming...stop us". This year seemed like a constant adjustment. Almost an audible every play. We let the opponent dictate our offense rather than us dictating their defense.

Also they didn't really start getting pressure pressure on us until we went away from the run. Once we went away they pinned their ears back and got after us.

It's like basketball Steph curry is going to shoot threes you know it he knows it but he gets so many points from back cuts teams over playing him and also his team mates gets so many points off of teams adjusting trying to stop him. It doesn't work if he decides they know I'm a good shooter so I'm not going to shoot...

I love play action, but you need to establish the run in order to do it. We are not a drop back passing team. We dcline a penalty to go for it on 4th and 1, then on 3rd and two, when we've been averaging 4 yds a carry, we under throw Louis for a TD. Secure the 1st down then play action on 1st. The go with Louis was there all night, especially with Ray running a deep post...Cover two and all. Remember when we used to use the pump fake to open it up? Haven't seen that in about 5 years...

Uh 2 years

Have you notice we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

That was the play that told me how tonight was going to go. JJ could've scored or at least gotten very close, the corner, who he was optioning, had a bad angle and JJ's momentum would've carried him in. However, he looked to get the ball out of his hands. He looked scared and panicked in doing so, he threw the ball way to hard. If he had just flicked it or tossed it to KJ he walks in.

Like trying to put a round peg in square hole. Just can't do it.

That's a great point, Cole. In 2010 we dared people to stop Cam. In 2013, we dared people to stop Tre. We lined up and said "were coming...stop us". This year seemed like a constant adjustment. Almost an audible every play. We let the opponent dictate our offense rather than us dictating their defense.

Also they didn't really start getting pressure pressure on us until we went away from the run. Once we went away they pinned their ears back and got after us.

It's like basketball Steph curry is going to shoot threes you know it he knows it but he gets so many points from back cuts teams over playing him and also his team mates gets so many points off of teams adjusting trying to stop him. It doesn't work if he decides they know I'm a good shooter so I'm not going to shoot...

I love play action, but you need to establish the run in order to do it. We are not a drop back passing team. We dcline a penalty to go for it on 4th and 1, then on 3rd and two, when we've been averaging 4 yds a carry, we under throw Louis for a TD. Secure the 1st down then play action on 1st. The go with Louis was there all night, especially with Ray running a deep post...Cover two and all. Remember when we used to use the pump fake to open it up? Haven't seen that in about 5 years...

Bird, that is what I have said all season. We needed to play for first downs with this offense but instead, we go for the big play. Gus has done that more than once this season. I don't understand that philosophy. It makes him look like he has a low football IQ.

I can't defend that the O didn't play as well as they could have, or well enough to win. But, the D had its share of miscues as well. Giving up 270 yards in rushing to a single player isn't going to win you too many games. Letting Crocker escape multiple situations that he should have been sacked for huge losses doesn't help. Giving up 30 yards in penalties, on a single play, isn't stellar. A dropped IN that I could have run for 6 doesn't help.

Quit looking for the easy button and trying to find one person to blame. We were a huge underdog, and frankly bama has the better team this year. We could have won, but we needed to play a near perfect game aND had to capitalize on just about every opportunity we had - we didn't. All I am saying is there were missed opportunities in every facet of the game.

I don't like moral victories, but that are some losses that are better or worse than others. This team played hard and never quit. They lost the game, but they can hold their head up with the effort they displayed.

I'm not looking for any easy button. I'm telling you what the problem is. Our D made some mistakes and didn't capitalize on some opportunities. Fine. But the fact remains that even a middling offensive performance, we would have won this game and probably 2 or 3 more. Our D held them under 30 points, and probably would have been better against Henry if our O could have possessed the dang ball. Look at the TOP stats, for goodness sake. Bama flat dominated the second half.

The only reason we even got out of single flipping digits and kept it within a single possession after halftime is because of a great, but flukey, play by Jason Smith.

This. ^

We finally have the defense we needed. The improvement was clearly visible. Time for Gus to live up to his reputation.

hiring an offensive coach and finishing two straight seasons with a L because we couldn't score when it mattered. Great.

This is it.

Gus not even close to getting it done. That is THE bottom line.

Hope we see a change. Either Gus calls the plays or something. We only run one back when you should run two and then tonight you run two backs and give neither a chance to get in a rythm.

Hugh Freeze making Gus look jv. Big time.

Freeze is a good coach, had some stumbles but is getting it done.

What you say may be true, but he IS likely the Heisman winner. Even before we played them.

Also, if our O can sustain drives, rest and inspire our D, and keep Henry off the field it would help A LOT.

IF our genius of a coach would play for first downs on 3rd and short instead of going for broke, we might could give the defense a little rest. I am so tired of this type of stupid play calling.

When freeze wins the sec and plays in the big show let me know. Freeze isn't getting anything done.

2013??

That was two years ago.

I'm living in the present.

Bo or Cam are not coming back either.

Fell free to tune in tonight to ole miss.

Archived