Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

We have a coach that pulls Robinson out of the game when he gets rolling and calls pass plays when AU is running successfully. I have liked Gus but man, he is making it hard to have faith he is the answer. I have never seen such a bumbling mess of a season when I feel like we had the guys to win games. Just flat out ridiculous play calls and refusing to put in the guys that are doing well and showing promise. Unless SW is really still hurt, if I were him I would be outta there. What a slap in the face.

It's OK really. Just stay out of the trailer parks.

Quit picking fights with everyone that questions this head scratching stuff.

Just giving advice. Fights? Maybe rethink the inference?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a QB that can't execute a Hail Marry pass. We have D linemen and LB's that can't wrap-up Coker. I mean Coker! We have receivers, that on the rare occasion, they are thrown a catchable ball, cannot make the catch!

Pretty sad, so we lose.

With all that said, we still had a chance against the #2 team in the country. Tells me we may not have very far to improve to pretty darn good next year. Consistent qb play alone would have this years team at 9 or 10 wins with a bowl game win. Next year we should be better all around (assuming SW either stays healthy or we have a serviceable backup)

yep

How many touches did Jovon get in the second half?

2 carries.

We totaled 1 yard rushing in second half.

That is ridiculous and warrants all the criticism the offensive staff is having to account for.

How many touches did Jovon get in the second half?

2 carries.

We totaled 1 yard rushing in second half.

That is ridiculous and warrants all the criticism the offensive staff is having to account for.

hard to argue

How many touches did KJ have? I only remember one, that being out of the wildcat. If this was Gus' idea of being aggressive he needs some help...a lot of help.

We don't have the QB to be aggressive. We took some shots and had some plays to make, but didn't make them. But the defense was playing well and we just needed a break or two. We missed a golden one when Countess dropped a pick six. But Alabama honestly didn't give us a lot of mistakes to work with.

Coker came to play. Have to give him credit. He was gimpy on the play where we could not tackle him. Couple that with how we ended the half and just too much for our anemic Lashlee lead offense.

Our defense did enough and limited the big plays, but with our lack of a QB, beating bama was a tall order. I am not so upset about the play calling as the execution. On 3rd and 3 the play was there for Louis, it was a poorly thrown ball that cost us a touchdown. (If Louis had caught it). The play was there for the taking the execution was poor. Obviously we got away from the run and Robinson which is a head scratcher but we had receivers open all night. The plays were there and open for the taking Johnson just couldn't make them.

Our defense did enough and limited the big plays, but with our lack of a QB, beating bama was a tall order. I am not so upset about the play calling as the execution. On 3rd and 3 the play was there for Louis, it was a poorly thrown ball that cost us a touchdown. (If Louis had caught it). The play was there for the taking the execution was poor. Obviously we got away from the run and Robinson which is a head scratcher but we had receivers open all night. The plays were there and open for the taking Johnson just couldn't make them.

But doesn't that ultimately come back to playcalling? Why are the coaches abandoning the plays with the players that were working in the first half and calling the plays that JJ has repeatedly shown he can't execute?

I hope we go with Sean in bowl game and win it. Hate it Carlson missed the last kick he took

He's missed every clutch kick I can remember...

Still whining about Carlson? The Groza finalist and not even close to being the reason we lost any of our games this year. There's myriad other things to harp on, Carlson isn't one of them.

But doesn't that ultimately come back to playcalling? Why are the coaches abandoning the plays with the players that were working in the first half and calling the plays that JJ has repeatedly shown he can't execute?

Because the plays stopped working. Alabama devoted more resources to stop us running the ball. We needed to hit at least a few downfield throws to get them to back out. We couldn't.

I hope we go with Sean in bowl game and win it. Hate it Carlson missed the last kick he took

New candidate for Dumb Post of the Year.

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

Have you noticed we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

we did it on the play JJ threw a bullet to kj. He should have kept it. Had room to maybe squeeze a first down. But yes most those first down runs up the gut are straight forward.

And it's at least his second time today bringing it up.

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

Have you noticed we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

we did it on the play JJ threw a bullet to kj. He should have kept it. Had room to maybe squeeze a first down. But yes most those first down runs up the gut are straight forward.

Thai was our play on third and five star that play

I agree that the play calling this year has driven me crazy but tonight, I saw bama walking guys up daring us to throw it. It was there for the taking.. If we had kept running it up the middle for one yard, no yards, 2 yard loss ...punt.. Then we would say why didn't we try to throw it. Our receivers were running free.. Johnson just can't . So you continue to run into a brick wall go three and out and punt or you TRY to throw it and hit a pass or you miss the pass and punt anyway..which is what we did consistently in the 2nd half.

I'm sure it's been more than twice if you want to know the truth.

I'm not a player basher. Actually don't live post much. Just call em like I see em. Hats off to the guy for his efforts. He doesn't miss on purpose. JJ doesn't play terrible under the lights because he's less of a man.

It is what it is. He missed another kick in a bad situation. May be bad luck. May be nerves. Who knows...

But it doesn't make me a bad sport for pointing it out, and doesn't make him a bad person for missing the kick.

You internet police are about as ridiculous as Tom Ritter...

Carry on...

I'm sure it's been more than twice if you want to know the truth.

I'm not a player basher. Actually don't live post much. Just call em like I see em. Hats off to the guy for his efforts. He doesn't miss on purpose. JJ doesn't play terrible under the lights because he's less of a man.

It is what it is. He missed another kick in a bad situation. May be bad luck. May be nerves. Who knows...

But it doesn't make me a bad sport for pointing it out, and doesn't make him a bad person for missing the kick.

You internet police are about as ridiculous as Tom Ritter...

Carry on...

You simply cannot watch Carlson's kicking this year and come away with this notion. It's bitching just to bitch about something.

Titan, in all due respect, it isn't bitching at all. It's no different than pointing out a missed call by an official...or a bad pass by JJ...or a drop by Ray...or a missed tackle by McKinzy. It's just making a comment about a play--isn't that what a "forum" is for?

We haven't finished the play this year. Simple as that. As i said earlier today, we didnt finish tackles, or fall on loose balls, or catch the timely pass, or convert the needed 3rd down, or get the benefit of the call, or hold on to the interception...it's just been a season FULL of being on the short side of things.

He's kicked wonderfully. Sad his misses have come at inopportune times rather than vs Idaho. Is what it is my friend.

Titan, in all due respect, it isn't bitching at all. It's no different than pointing out a missed call by an official...or a bad pass by JJ...or a drop by Ray...or a missed tackle by McKinzy. It's just making a comment about a play--isn't that what a "forum" is for?

We haven't finished the play this year. Simple as that. As i said earlier today, we didnt finish tackles, or fall on loose balls, or catch the timely pass, or convert the needed 3rd down, or get the benefit of the call, or hold on to the interception...it's just been a season FULL of being on the short side of things.

He's kicked wonderfully. Sad his misses have come at inopportune times rather than vs Idaho. Is what it is my friend.

He missed one FG against Bama. It wasn't the difference in the game. He missed two vs MSU. But we lost by 8 and had an INT at the goal line. That's it. Your point is ridiculous.

I believe he made a 49ish yd kick as time expired to send arky to ot. Doesnt get much more clutch than that. Also I think he kicked 1 from 55 against Kentucky, and went 3-3 in that game. AU won that one by 3. Taking shots at a very bright spot on our team bc he was 2-3 is wrong.

Archived