Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

We have a coach that just completely and totally refuses to accept that JJ is NOT going to cut it as a Div.1 QB and dumps all over the guy that showed he is a winner and can pull this team together. WTF is going on?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a coach that just completely and totally refuses to accept that JJ is NOT going to cut it as a Div.1 QB and dumps all over the guy that showed he is a winner and can pull this team together. WTF is going on?

Sean is hurt. Geez man. I'm fairly certain had he not been injured he would still be starting.

Who else do you think should've played today? Remember that he was benched and only came in to start again when his replacement was injured.

Gus doesn't have a stable of healthy, skilled QBs to pull from.

When freeze wins the sec and plays in the big show let me know. Freeze isn't getting anything done.

He may not have played for an SEC title, but his team is winning in SEC conference play. We are not, currently ...

We have a coach that pulls Robinson out of the game when he gets rolling and calls pass plays when AU is running successfully. I have liked Gus but man, he is making it hard to have faith he is the answer. I have never seen such a bumbling mess of a season when I feel like we had the guys to win games. Just flat out ridiculous play calls and refusing to put in the guys that are doing well and showing promise. Unless SW is really still hurt, if I were him I would be outta there. What a slap in the face.

3rd&2 was a bad call. I have been upset all yr w playcalling, but I thought it was good enough to win today. JJ threw a soft wheel on 1st series and bullet last play. Other than that, not good passing. The WRs didn't help him either, and drives stalled.

Gus has always thrown deep and ran wide to soften the middle. 3rd&2 just wasn't the right time.

3rd&2 was a bad call. I have been upset all yr w playcalling, but I thought it was good enough to win today. JJ threw a soft wheel on 1st series and bullet last play. Other than that, not good passing. The WRs didn't help him either, and drives stalled.

Gus has always thrown deep and ran wide to soften the middle. 3rd&2 just wasn't the right time.

Sounds dumb as a box of rocks doesn't it? Not you, Gus.

Not as disappointed as I normally would be...just missed in a couple plays that could have won the game. One more chance to play this year, I expect AU will be playing for a lot more around this time of the year next year

+1

yeah, maybe Gus's job?

sorry couldn't help myself.

Yeah hopefully not. I actually think we will be really good next year

How many touches did Jovon get in the second half?

2 carries.

We totaled 1 yard rushing in second half.

So, how many times did Jovon touch the ball in the second half? I

I didn't count, but I read where someone said he had 2 carries

2 carries.

That alone should get Rhett Lashlee on the first greyhound out of Auburn. Period.

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

It worked in the first half. People claim that a dt qb is what Malzahn needs where I think misdirection is much more important. Even with a passing game going at 40 percent completions, we were moving the ball well in the first half with misdirection. It is the key to Gus's O IMO.

We have a coach that pulls Robinson out of the game when he gets rolling and calls pass plays when AU is running successfully. I have liked Gus but man, he is making it hard to have faith he is the answer. I have never seen such a bumbling mess of a season when I feel like we had the guys to win games. Just flat out ridiculous play calls and refusing to put in the guys that are doing well and showing promise. Unless SW is really still hurt, if I were him I would be outta there. What a slap in the face.

It's OK really. Just stay out of the trailer parks.

2 carries.

100% coaching. Our "co-offensive coordinator" crap just doesn't cut it. I have always wondered why we don't put someone upstairs in the box. I believe the last OC in the box (minus Loeffler) was Borges.

You appear to be clueless.

Your constant attacking of people all over this board is worthy of trailer parks iyam. Disagreeing with someone doesn't require sinking to the level you are. Maybe lay off the alcohol while posting :dunno:

Knucklehead. Do you pay attention to a season as it plays out or do you just randomly spout nonsense? Gus acknowledged that JJ wasn't going to cut it after three games. The only real playing time JJ got after the LSU game was when Sean got hurt. If Sean hadn't been too injured to go, he would have been the starter. What more do you want?

WTF is going on in your head?

I could be wrong, but it seemed that Jovon wasn't seen much after he took a pretty vicious shot and fumbled out of bounds. Maybe he was a bit dinged up?

Quit picking fights with everyone that questions this head scratching stuff.

I could be wrong, but it seemed that Jovon wasn't seen much after he took a pretty vicious shot and fumbled out of bounds. Maybe he was a bit dinged up?

That's very possible

We have a QB that can't execute a Hail Marry pass. We have D linemen and LB's that can't wrap-up Coker. I mean Coker! We have receivers, that on the rare occasion, they are thrown a catchable ball, cannot make the catch!

Pretty sad, so we lose.

Possibly. He definitely was hit hard on that play. Hope he's good for the bowl game, really a fan of his.

We have a QB that can't execute a Hail Marry pass. We have D linemen and LB's that can't wrap-up Coker. I mean Coker! We have receivers, that on the rare occasion, they are thrown a catchable ball, cannot make the catch!

Pretty sad, so we lose.

With all that said, we still had a chance against the #2 team in the country. Tells me we may not have very far to improve to pretty darn good next year. Consistent qb play alone would have this years team at 9 or 10 wins with a bowl game win. Next year we should be better all around (assuming SW either stays healthy or we have a serviceable backup)

Archived