Thompson

AuburnSpider

Ok I'm giving you 5 minutes to show a link stating Les was going to fire Steele. If not your post will go bye bye

edit changed my mind I gave you a minutre

Beautiful!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a premium account but in one of the free to view threads someone said Ron, and I'm assuming Ron Sanders, said that LT saw the same internal issues that muschamp did.

Well we had two coaches on staff at the same time that were comparing our internal "issues" with another program. Now we have a third coach from that tree....... I wonder what he will see when he gets settled?

I'm interested in knowing what some of these issues are. Any indication of what they may be?

Another poster yesterday said the issues could have been themselves. And I replied, FWIW, not everything has to be Auburn's misfire. And yet another poster wisely said something about a bunch of "Alpha Males" eking out an existence together as they try to achieve a common goal. Not that I'd expect to remember every post...or expect anyone else to. HOWEVER..."what did Auburn do wrong" has been discussed ad nauseum! MAYBE, they've taken the first steps to right the ship. Let's hope so...because when some continue to insinuate or express that Auburn, while imperfect at every level, is full of incompetence continues to give our lovely rivals the impression that we are. The following icon fits "round and round"...NOT "you crazy"...for this post...so no insult intended. :ucrazy:

Shouldn't we close this thread down now? LT is gone with WM and T-Rob. I'd rather focus on who we have now and who we'll get. Once again, I agree with ToraGirl that it does us no good to keep acting like we KNOW Auburn must be incompetent. We have to wait and see how these things play out. I have a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised. WDE everybody, this is OUR team and OUR university. Act like you love it.

We didn't wait 2 months to do anything. Not sure where that comes from. Now my point: From the time Gus and AU knew Champ was leaving, to the time Steele was named, was aprox 2 months.

It took LSU all of two days to name Steele's replacement and his replacement is one of the best in the country.

How long do we wait for T-Robb and Lance's replacements?

Because until after our bowl we hadn't even named a Defensive Coordinator. Would you not expect the DC to have a little input into the rest of his staff? Common sense would say yes. Actually, common sense would tell us Gus knew who our DC would be, before the final seconds ticked off the ghettoes in Birmingham. Again, now my point: Since Gus knew, and we all know we need a LB coach and DB coach why hasn't, said coaches been named? Again, it took LSU all of two days to name one of the best DC in the nation. Why can't that be us?

It's my understanding we offered him an extension on his current contract of an additional year. South Carolina offered him a 3 year deal. Malzahn only got clearance to offer 1 year is what I've heard. Just writing on, what I have read from Mods. So Lance is good enough for one year but not three? My point: Piss poor planning by Jacobs if he is the one that only gave Gus and Lance a one year option.

Both AuburnUndercover and Rivals are saying that Auburn didn't offer LT a long-term extension.

It's a sad development on several levels then. How in the world you let the man who did one of the best defensive jobs for Auburn in years just walk away like that is beyond me. smh

THIS........ is Auburn football!

Looks that way. Well Gus now owns this decision and everything that flows from it.

Does he??? Do you KNOW this was Gus's call?? Are you positive the AD didn't have anything to do with what could be offered to LT to stay? No need to let things like facts (or absense thereof) get in the way of your guesses, right?

I am stating a fact. Look, the "fact" is that Gus is the head coach, he decides on his staff, those are his decisions and he owns those decisions. That's the way it is. If you want to speculate and "guess" beyond that fact with tin foil hat speculation then have at it. I'm not interested.

The only fact you stated is that Gus is the HC, that is true, but that's where your truth stops. Although it may be lost to you, he does have a boss, a budget, and parameters he has to stay within. Then, if he chooses to make an offer it still has to be accepted by the coach. So unfortunately it's not so simple as him "deciding his staff". SMH...

I don't have a premium account but in one of the free to view threads someone said Ron, and I'm assuming Ron Sanders, said that LT saw the same internal issues that muschamp did.

Well we had two coaches on staff at the same time that were comparing our internal "issues" with another program. Now we have a third coach from that tree....... I wonder what he will see when he gets settled?

I'm interested in knowing what some of these issues are. Any indication of what they may be?

Another poster yesterday said the issues could have been themselves. And I replied, FWIW, not everything has to be Auburn's misfire. And yet another poster wisely said something about a bunch of "Alpha Males" eking out an existence together as they try to achieve a common goal. Not that I'd expect to remember every post...or expect anyone else to. HOWEVER..."what did Auburn do wrong" has been discussed ad nauseum! MAYBE, they've taken the first steps to right the ship. Let's hope so...because when some continue to insinuate or express that Auburn, while imperfect at every level, is full of incompetence continues to give our lovely rivals the impression that we are. The following icon fits "round and round"...NOT "you crazy"...for this post...so no insult intended. :ucrazy:/>

Haha no offense taken. Thanks for that breakdown though.

Archived