Thompson

AuburnSpider

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WM is putting a scary good staff together.

Can't say I blame LT for leaving. Good luck to him.

Nope, not at all. Thanks for the bowl win, Coach. Good luck.

Well....they were pretty good when here but it took Carl Lawson to help them show some results.....so.....unless Lawson is also going with them I'll wait and see before getting too excited about USCe's prospects.

Well....they were pretty good when here but it took Carl Lawson to help them show some results.....so.....unless Lawson is also going with them I'll wait and see before getting too excited about USCe's prospects.

Damn, that is just cold haha

Not excited nor worried about them at SC, that said they have great proven recruiters and coaches. I appreciate their work at AU and wish them the best.

When WM left I was disappointed but understood. Then he took t-rob with him and that hurt. Now Thompson? I'm pissed. When do we play them? I hope we kick their arses up and down the field and I hope WM flops again as a HC. He'll wish he never left Auburn.

Ok I'm done venting now...

Thompson needs to stay in Alabama 1 more year for some sort of pension I believe. Probably going to get raise, and has monster recruiting class coming in on D. He got just about all he wants in AU at the moment, IMHO

if true about pension he aint goin nowhere.

All this pension talk is strange....the man has left the State like 3 times in his caching career, was getting his pension really important?

Well, its that now he's really close to being vested in the state retirement system. Like 18 months.

And he's at an age one thinks of such things.

But at $500k salaries a $50k retirement income is insignificant. $100k raise and good investment management with A matching 401k program. Maybe he needs retirement from multiple states.

Thanks Will Muschamp for ALL that you have done for Auburn <sarcasm> :angry: I am also SO over him...

When WM left I was disappointed but understood. Then he took t-rob with him and that hurt. Now Thompson? I'm pissed. When do we play them? I hope we kick their arses up and down the field and I hope WM flops again as a HC. He'll wish he never left Auburn.

I think we next play them in 2021....the way things go, nobody on either staff will still be at their schools......not gonna worry about it.

Completely agree with this!

LT to USCe was probably a done deal( pretty much) a while ago. CWM allowed him to stay thru bowl game as a favor and parting gift to AU and CGM. Someone had to coach the defense. I don't believe Garner is knowledgeable enough with passing D schemes, X's and O's to give us what we needed on short notice. May be wrong. Just my opinion.

LT to USCe was probably a done deal( pretty much) a while ago. CWM allowed him to stay thru bowl game as a favor and parting gift to AU and CGM. Someone had to coach the defense. I don't believe Garner is knowledgeable enough with passing D schemes, X's and O's to give us what we needed on short notice. May be wrong. Just my opinion.

Sounds reasonable to me....

I think LT knew Muschamp wanted him, but he wanted to see if he'd get a shot at the DC slot here. After that it was just a matter of whether we were willing to give him what SCe would as LB coach. He got a title bump (Asst. HC) as well as the pay bump. We may not have been willing to match all of that.

You also have to wonder if Steele has someone else in mind and wasn't willing to go all out to keep LT with that guy in his back pocket.

I hate it because he's a great recruiter and obviously game planned Memphis well.

This makes complete sense. Otherwise, CWM would have filled his staff rather than wait.

Both AuburnUndercover and Rivals are saying that Auburn didn't offer LT a long-term extension.

If that's true nothing to be mad at muschamp about, it's our wonderful decision making

Archived