**Official** New Auburn OL coach Herb Hand

doc4aday

#hatemusic

Hey Cole! What kind of music do you like? I like Christian contemporary and some of the 60s & 70s rock. I play a mean electric bass guitar. I put myself through college playing the bass, and now play in my church's orchestra. I played in a band that played 60s & 70s rock music with Christian lyrics. That was a first class hoot!

Catch you later my friend!

Oh doc, I can listen to about everything, besides heavy metal and most country. Alternative, rap, r&b, Motown, doo wop, gospel. I have all that in my phone right now as we speak

I can't stand what passes for country music today, but old school is cool.

You have to go looking for decent country music and you can't find it on the radio. Check out Jason Isbell and James McMurtry - they may be more folk/Americana genre but both put out incredible albums this year if you like good writing.

Check out Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson, too.

Thanks. Yeah, that's way better than mainstream country.

i am not one to complain that country is not country enough. I like Florida Georgia line, Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker. I do have to draw the line at Sam Hunt. That can't even be mistaken for country.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#hatemusic

Hey Cole! What kind of music do you like? I like Christian contemporary and some of the 60s & 70s rock. I play a mean electric bass guitar. I put myself through college playing the bass, and now play in my church's orchestra. I played in a band that played 60s & 70s rock music with Christian lyrics. That was a first class hoot!

Oh doc, I can listen to about everything, besides heavy metal and most country. Alternative, rap, r&b, Motown, doo wop, gospel. I have all that in my phone right now as we speak

You have to go looking for decent country music and you can't find it on the radio. Check out Jason Isbell and James McMurtry - they may be more folk/Americana genre but both put out incredible albums this year if you like good writing.

i am not one to complain that country is not country enough. I like Florida Georgia line, Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker. I do have to draw the line at Sam Hunt. That can't even be mistaken for country.

It's NOT the country-ness of the music I don't like, it's the writing. I (and anyone else) could write 95 percent of the songs the artists you listed perform. Get me a beer, a woman, a truck and turn down a corn row incorporated into a song and talk about partying or hooking up and there's 95 percent of the music. I'm not a huge fan of older country either, but atleast people thought about what they wrote and it was real. It wasn't manufactured country written from the 58th floor of a New York tower. "Country" today is shallow and mindless and is a microcosm of what New Yorkers think of country...and somehow people actually in the country don't recognize they are buying fake country. But hey, if you like it then they are making a quality "product" I suppose.

EDIT: Left out NOT

#hatemusic

It's the country-ness of the music I don't like, it's the writing. I (and anyone else) could write 95 percent of the songs the artists you listed perform. Get me a beer, a woman, a truck and turn down a corn row incorporated into a song and talk about partying or hooking up and there's 95 percent of the music. I'm not a huge fan of older country either, but atleast people thought about what they wrote and it was real. It wasn't manufactured country written from the 58th floor of a New York tower. "Country" today is shallow and mindless and is a microcosm of what New Yorkers think of country...and somehow people actually in the country don't recognize they are buying fake country. But hey, if you like it then they are making a quality "product" I suppose.

There's a lack of depth to most pop music written these days...it's not limited to country. The most annoying part is that it's written and sung as though it's believed to be deep and meaningful.

#hatemusic

It's the country-ness of the music I don't like, it's the writing. I (and anyone else) could write 95 percent of the songs the artists you listed perform. Get me a beer, a woman, a truck and turn down a corn row incorporated into a song and talk about partying or hooking up and there's 95 percent of the music. I'm not a huge fan of older country either, but atleast people thought about what they wrote and it was real. It wasn't manufactured country written from the 58th floor of a New York tower. "Country" today is shallow and mindless and is a microcosm of what New Yorkers think of country...and somehow people actually in the country don't recognize they are buying fake country. But hey, if you like it then they are making a quality "product" I suppose.

There's a lack of depth to most pop music written these days...it's not limited to country. The most annoying part is that it's written and sung as though it's believed to be deep and meaningful.

Unfortunately, there's a lack of depth to society. I understand where meaningless music can have an appeal as it is a release from a stressful world, I just prefer good musicians and writers to those singing songs someone else wrote because they fit the proper stereotype the record company is targeting. It's the adults equivalent of One Direction IYAM.

I'm a big Kacey Musgraves fan, too. She's got some pop elements to her sound but she's outlaw as hell.

No idea :dunno:

I'm a big Kacey Musgraves fan, too. She's got some pop elements to her sound but she's outlaw as hell.

No idea :dunno:

This is one of her more old school country-sounding songs.

No idea :dunno:/>

This is one of her more old school country-sounding songs.

Lol. Not sure "Go back to your trailer" is the best argument for good country, but I will watch her sing it and not complain one second :o

Agree with Tee It Up above. Too many topic/threads get over run with totally non topic stuff that should be reserved for PM's or not even posted. Please back to coach Herb Hand.

Agree with Tee It Up above. Too many topic/threads get over run with totally non topic stuff that should be reserved for PM's or not even posted. Please back to coach Herb Hand.

It's what happens when a thread's topic gets exhausted. There's nothing more to say about Hand. Best solution when you see a thread take this sort of turn is to stop clicking it. Any more groundbreaking info will get its own thread.

This is what happens in the offseason. Every year.

It's always helpful to contribute something on topic to the thread if you'd like to see it go back that way. Do you have any information or a question about Coach Hand? I'm sure all of us would love to discuss if so.

It's always helpful to contribute something on topic to the thread if you'd like to see it go back that way. Do you have any information or a question about Coach Hand? I'm sure all of us would love to discuss if so.

Also this.

What does his addition to staff mean for Craig and his Co-OC duties? Does he get phased out of gameplanning etc (I was under the impression Gus/Rhett handle O coordinator duties and Craig provides input -- this could be way off)? I'd like to see Lashlee be the one getting phased out. All the way out if i'm being specific. I don't even know for sure if he was the problem last season on offense, but I do know that he is one of the most, if not THE most, under-qualified guys in the SEC to be holding a coordinator position.

What does his addition to staff mean for Craig and his Co-OC duties? Does he get phased out? I'd like to see Lashlee be the one getting phased out. All the way out if i'm being specific. I don't even know for sure if he was the problem last season on offense, but I do know that he is one of the most, if not THE most, under-qualified guys in the SEC to be holding a coordinator position.

CDC is locked in, I believe. In exactly what capacity seems to be unclear at the moment to anybody besides maybe the staff. He's going to be coaching JFIII at QB, but nobody even knows for sure that he'll be coaching any other QBs. And from what some have said on here, there might be a mutual effort to get Lashlee hired elsewhere. Maybe there's something on the table already and they're waiting until after NSD? I dunno.

When Gus calls me, I'm going to ask him to hire a WRs coach, let CDC coach QBs, let Hand coach the OL, divvy up the OC responsibilities however he wishes and let CRL out from under his shadow to spread his wings elsewhere.

Look at that. Right back on topic.

Ok. What you got?

Archived