• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Bout time this thread got good. ^^

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

Gotta hand it to me, huh?

Finding out who's got tolerance for puns.

Aloha Mr. Hand!

Thanks for the memory. That was long before Sean Penn knew he was going to help capture one of the world's worst drug dealers. LOL!

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Hey dude did you hear that? Dude, that's my skull!

phoebe-cates-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-hdtv-gif-2c6e4c17bd32d05062a197ea61086992-large-304908.jpg

Phoebe and I go waay back.

Wish this was a gif, lol.

Oh man I had the biggest crush on her when I was a teenager.

Interesting trivia IMO: our new Offensive Line Coach was a Defensive Coordinator once upon a time (Glenville State College). Former defense lawyers sometimes make the best prosecutors.

Interesting trivia IMO: our new Offensive Line Coach was a Defensive Coordinator once upon a time (Glenville State College). Former defense lawyers sometimes make the best prosecutors.

More like the other way around!

Pretty sure Gus started out as a DC, or at least was one early on in his career, too.

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

Puns?

I generally can’t handle them. Can’t quite put my finger on why. On the one hand they seem so underhanded, as the presenter palms the actual words and manipulates the recipient. On the other hand, the presentation is so often ham-fisted, as the presenter seeks to put his/her own thumbprint on the hand-off (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, give me a hand). On the third hand though (and on the offhand odds of any Moties in the audience), greater dexterity in delivery can handily serve up more pleasing results than two birds in a bush, as in:

“You can hear her moaning night and morn.” (W.C. Handy, Yellow Dog Blues)

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

Puns?

I generally can’t handle them. Can’t quite put my finger on why. On the one hand they seem so underhanded, as the presenter palms the actual words and manipulates the recipient. On the other hand, the presentation is so often ham-fisted, as the presenter seeks to put his/her own thumbprint on the hand-off (wink-wink, nudge-nudge, give me a hand). On the third hand though (and on the offhand odds of any Moties in the audience), greater dexterity in delivery can handily serve up more pleasing results than two birds in a bush, as in:

“You can hear her moaning night and morn.” (W.C. Handy, Yellow Dog Blues)

LOL -- get a grip, man.

Pretty sure Gus started out as a DC, or at least was one early on in his career, too.

Re: 1st year in the business

'Malzahn simply shifted his attention to Hughes and jumped at the opportunity to start his coaching career -- but not as an offensive coordinator.

Patrick hired Malzahn to serve as the Blue Devils' defensive coordinator on Dale Coomer's football staff. He was still a long way from earning the label of a mad scientist in Arkansas, where he developed the hurry-up, no-huddle philosophy in the mid-1990s before skyrocketing through the high school ranks. When he started, Malzahn was leading cornerbacks and defensive linemen through drills.

"I tell you what," Malzahn said. "First of all, I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I learned a whole lot by making mistakes."...

"But, really, to be honest with you, I learned by making mistakes," Malzahn said, with a grin cracking his stern face. "I'm glad I moved to the offensive side after that." '

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/delta_force_auburn_coach_gus_m.html

Well I believe wde he hasn't been wrong yet that I've seen. DC is on staff, JF3 is already on campus so I don't see any hurdles. I'm excited about it

I know for a fact DC is coaching JF3. AU is also putting JF3 on a eating diet. Eat everything he can.

...and DC coaches wide receivers.

AU brought in JF3 to play QB. And that's what DC is going to coach him to do.

He did.

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

???

Big_Pun.jpg

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

???

Big_Pun.jpg

So ... you can't handle too many puns?

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

???

Big_Pun.jpg

Only the Big Puns

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)

Subtle. I like it.

???

Big_Pun.jpg

Only the Big Puns

Oh, thanks. I didn't grasp your meaning. I thought it was some dude you were going to send after me to make sure I never punned again.

Glad I had a hand in it.

;)/>

Subtle. I like it.

???

Big_Pun.jpg

Only the Big Puns

Oh, thanks. I didn't grasp your meaning. I thought it was some dude you were going to send after me to make sure I never punned again.

Well, I suppose it could mean he is sending Big Pun after you :dunno:

Well I believe wde he hasn't been wrong yet that I've seen. DC is on staff, JF3 is already on campus so I don't see any hurdles. I'm excited about it

I know for a fact DC is coaching JF3. AU is also putting JF3 on a eating diet. Eat everything he can.

#clout

g

Give him every possible chance to be successful......whatever it takes

Time is running out on the parking meter for Saban's 1964 Rambler Ambassador Station wagon that is parked in front of the only Big Lots in Tuscaloosa.

Time is running out.

For what? Firing Gus, Lashlee, Jacobs et al?

did you have to ask?

I think it's an allusion to the Mayan calendar. If a4e also has a cyclical view of time, it would explain a lot. He's not saying the same thing over and over again in linear time. He's saying the same thing once, but in a recurring cycle.

Archived