**Official** New Auburn OL coach Herb Hand

doc4aday

That WOULD be big. Hasn't happened.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I believe wde he hasn't been wrong yet that I've seen. DC is on staff, JF3 is already on campus so I don't see any hurdles. I'm excited about it

Craig is already a Co-OC. He'd just be trading WR responsibilities for QB ones. No idea if Gus wants Hand to be a Co-OC or not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

DC will be coaching JF3.

Man not too many reactions to this, but that's pretty damn big

Yeah, I guess my !!!! was the only other one.

This is an interesting post, for many reasons. To me, it also raises the question of the future of CRL.

Well I believe wde he hasn't been wrong yet that I've seen. DC is on staff, JF3 is already on campus so I don't see any hurdles. I'm excited about it

I know for a fact DC is coaching JF3. AU is also putting JF3 on a eating diet. Eat everything he can.

Craig is already a Co-OC. He'd just be trading WR responsibilities for QB ones. No idea if Gus wants Hand to be a Co-OC or not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

DC will be coaching JF3.

Will he also be coaching White, Queen, Barrett and JJ (if applicable)?

DC will be coaching JF3.

Yeah, I guess my !!!! was the only other one.

This is an interesting post, for many reasons. To me, it also raises the question of the future of CRL.

DC recruited & coached JF3 at fsu. Not really that surprising. Gus hiring Hand is the interesting thing.

DC will be coaching JF3.

Will he also be coaching White, Queen, Barrett and JJ (if applicable)?

Don't know this.

I know for a fact DC is coaching JF3. AU is also putting JF3 on a eating diet. Eat everything he can.

Trying to bulk him up a bit to get ready for the pounding, I guess.

Do you think CRL will be at Auburn much longer? Or is this the beginning of a change?

Do you think CRL will be at Auburn much longer? Or is this the beginning of a change?

Yes to the first.

Gus is not going to fire CRL. But CRL is "looking".

RiR: Hopefully just a byproduct of the sanctions.

Yeah, but what's the deal with the "Twitter King" handle those fans put on him?

A guy made a crass comment about his daughter on twitter. He tweeted back that he'd love to kick the guy's ass.

DC will be coaching JF3.

Yes it is and we are trying to bulk him up a little.

RiR: Hopefully just a byproduct of the sanctions.

Yeah, but what's the deal with the "Twitter King" handle those fans put on him?

A guy made a crass comment about his daughter on twitter. He tweeted back that he'd love to kick the guy's ass.

That is why I don't post pictures of her. He'll beat my ass

Looks like we are in the midst of a much needed change.

DC will be coaching JF3.

Yes it is and we are trying to bulk him up a little.

Metamucil ?

People have been asking why Penn State's offense has been so bad the last couple of years. Here's what I was able to dig up. Penn State's OL returned only two starters in 2014. Unfortunately, one of those two starters (Miles Dieffenbach rivals 4 star) was injured and only able to start the last three games of the season. So, they went through most of the the season with only one returning starter. As a result, Penn State started two freshmen, Brendon Mahon (guard,9 starts; rivals 4 star) and Andrew Nelson (tackle, 13 starts; rivals 3 star). Also, 13 starts were by Brian Gaia (12 starts; 3 star rivals) and Derek Dowry (1 start; rivals 2 star) who were defensive linemen in 2013. Their starter at C, Angelo Mangiro (3 stars rivals), had no previous starting experience before the season. As a result, the stats were awful. 101.9 rushing yards (2.9 ypc), 13 rushing TDs, 44 sacks and 98 tfl allowed.

After the 2014 season, LT Donovan Smith (4 stars rivals) declared for the draft, while Deiffenbach completed his eligibility. 4 starters returned from the 2014 season, including sophomores Mahon (11 starts) and Nelson (8 starts). Mangiro returned at C, and started 12 games. Gaia was the only guy to start all 13 games for Penn State. Dowry and Wendy Laurent (2 stars rivals) combined for 10 starts at guard. JUCO signee Paris Palmer (rivals 4 star) started 11 games at tackle. So, they definitely had more experience coming back in 2015, but not necessarily a more talent. As a result, they improved considerably, but not nearly enough. They averaged 133.9 rushing yards (4.1 ypc), which were huge improvements. However, they still ended up with 39 sacks and 93 tfl overall. They also scored 35 offensive touchdowns (15 rush, 20 pass), which was a big improvement from 2013, when they scored only 26 offensive touchdowns. They redshirted a few OL true freshmen in 2015 that maybe could have helped (a 4 star and two 3 star players according to rivals). They have 3 4 star players and 1 3 star player committed for this years class, which is by far their best OL class this decade.

As Paul Harvey always said. Now you know the rest of the story.

I liked that walk-on WR. Dude ran good routes and had great hands. We need some of those.

We need a QB like Watson.

I actually think Narcisse could be just as good. If he sticks with Auburn that would be good.

Barrett could be special too. He has the physical tools.

I guess the obvious question is will Coach Craig be coaching JFIII at the QB position or the WR position?

I guess the obvious question is will Coach Craig be coaching JFIII at the QB position or the WR position?

That remains to be seen. He's coming in to compete for the starting QB job

I liked that walk-on WR. Dude ran good routes and had great hands. We need some of those.

I actually think Narcisse could be just as good. If he sticks with Auburn that would be good.

Lowell Narcisse just decommitted. Jeez.

I never get caught up in commits for a class one year or more down the road. These kids will go back and forth a dozen times before finally making a final decision.

I really hope we keep gatewood

I was just informed that Narcisse decommitted. Everybody freak out and post gifs on the meltdown thread.

I really hope we keep gatewood

He is an extraordinary athlete like Narcisse but don't see us holding on to him either.

Archived