**Official** New Auburn OL coach Herb Hand

doc4aday

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I believe wde he hasn't been wrong yet that I've seen. DC is on staff, JF3 is already on campus so I don't see any hurdles. I'm excited about it

I know for a fact DC is coaching JF3. AU is also putting JF3 on a eating diet. Eat everything he can.

...and DC coaches wide receivers.

I liked that walk-on WR. Dude ran good routes and had great hands. We need some of those.

We need a QB like Watson.

I actually think Narcisse could be just as good. If he sticks with Auburn that would be good.

Barrett could be special too. He has the physical tools.

Lowell Narcisse just decommitted. Jeez.

I really hope we keep gatewood

He is an extraordinary athlete like Narcisse but don't see us holding on to him either.

I might really cry if we can't keep him. If we do well on offense I think we might. We need a new breed superstar and he's the leader right now. The all star camp circuits already know this as well. He can easily be the face of an entire program

Pump the brakes on the freakout over a decommitt from 2017. Plenty of time to bring him back in the fold. This is more about an early commit in a state that is hard to get big time recruits to leave than any coaching changes.

He is an extraordinary athlete like Narcisse but don't see us holding on to him either.

Is this coming from some inside knowledge or pessimism?

The latter. But to be fair, I watched two of our rivals play great football last night in the national championship game. And the coaching turnover of this past month serves as a reminder that the person that recruited Gatewood may or may not be on campus in 2018.

Pump the brakes on the freakout over a decommitt from 2017. Plenty of time to bring him back in the fold. This is more about an early commit in a state that is hard to get big time recruits to leave than any coaching changes.

I can't speak for anybody who is worried about why we lost him. I'm just bummed because this kid looked really, really good to me at the most important position on the field. And we had him, and now we don't. And, as ellitor pointed out, kids commit to the same school twice much less frequently than they decommit in the first place, so the chances aren't good that we'll get him back.

It's not a freakout. It's okay to say that something sucks.

But very few things rival a good melt down over a kid who wont be playing for ANYONE at the college level for 2 or 3 years, that is, if he turns out to be an absolute stud. Its a theme that drives these forums.

I can't speak for anybody who is worried about why we lost him. I'm just bummed because this kid looked really, really good to me at the most important position on the field. And we had him, and now we don't. And, as ellitor pointed out, kids commit to the same school twice much less frequently than they decommit in the first place, so the chances aren't good that we'll get him back.

Agreed. Of all the qbs in the next 2 classes, he is the one I think has the most potential. Hopefully he just got spooked by a lackluster O this year and we blow it out in 2016 and he comes back. I believe he will be an unbelievably good qb for someone.

I think that largely depends on why they decommitted though. A lot of kids decommit because the head coach leaves or their position coach or main recruiter leaves. I think you likely see very few of such decommits return to the fold. But if you could control for things like that, the percentage of recommits to the same school is likely a good bit higher when it's something like committing very early. Most kids commit just prior to or during their senior year. So I'm not necessarily shocked that a kid who commits during his junior year decides to step back, take visits and reconsider. And it's why I don't get that fired up over their commits to begin with.

Aloha Mr. Hand!

Thanks for the memory. That was long before Sean Penn knew he was going to help capture one of the world's worst drug dealers. LOL!

Well I believe wde he hasn't been wrong yet that I've seen. DC is on staff, JF3 is already on campus so I don't see any hurdles. I'm excited about it

I know for a fact DC is coaching JF3. AU is also putting JF3 on a eating diet. Eat everything he can.

Sea food diet or see food diet? :)

Aloha Mr. Hand!

Thanks for the memory. That was long before Sean Penn knew he was going to help capture one of the world's worst drug dealers. LOL!

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Aloha Mr. Hand!

Are all you people on dope? ;D

War Eagle and welcome, Mr. Hand.

Aloha Mr. Hand!

Hey dude did you hear that? Dude, that's my skull!

Aloha Mr. Hand!

phoebe-cates-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-hdtv-gif-2c6e4c17bd32d05062a197ea61086992-large-304908.jpg

Aloha Mr. Hand!

phoebe-cates-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-hdtv-gif-2c6e4c17bd32d05062a197ea61086992-large-304908.jpg

Phoebe and I go waay back.

Wish this was a gif, lol.

Aloha Mr. Hand!

Phoebe and I go waay back.

Wish this was a gif, lol.

I made sure to double-check that it wasn't. I'm so responsible.

Archived