Daily Recruiting News (includes commit times)

ClaytonAU

I guess it's difficult when a 3 star LB won't give AU a chance. AU has killed AU. LBS are what we need and we haven't seen one since dansby and twill

It's a big if but if the LBs on scholly now are quality then we don't need much. We only use 2 LBs per play 70-80% of the time.

The big thing for them & the D as a whole is Gus keeping physical practices now that Boom is gone. Can't afford to go back to the finesse practices.

I don't want to change the conversation. But the more physical the practice is the tougher the defense. You practice like you play

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's difficult when a 3 star LB won't give AU a chance. AU has killed AU. LBS are what we need and we haven't seen one since dansby and twill

It's a big if but if the LBs on scholly now are quality then we don't need much. We only use 2 LBs per play 70-80% of the time.

The big thing for them & the D as a whole is Gus keeping physical practices now that Boom is gone. Can't afford to go back to the finesse practices.

I don't want to change the conversation. But the more physical the practice is the tougher the defense. You practice like you play

Totally agree & that was implied in my post.

Get kinda confused when I hear this..Gus since his first season talked about being physical and getting our edge back, and his running game is about as physical as you can get at the particularly at point of attack....what has the defense been doing...playing touch?

Get kinda confused when I hear this..Gus since his first season talked about being physical and getting our edge back, and his running game is about as physical as you can get at the particularly at point of attack....what has the defense been doing...playing touch?

Practices were physical in 2013. Gus backed way off on physicality in 2014 to help with depth. The main way he did this was have 1s & 2s go against the scout teams most of the time w/ not much of the 1st 2 strings going against each other relative to how others in the SEC do it. In 2015 Gus went back to the 1st 2 teams going against each other mainly because that's what Boom demanded as a condition before he would be the DC @ AU.

OP updated.

This is a thread that will have daily (willing of course) updates on the remaining targets.

1/24/16

DE/DT David Mashall will visit UGA 2nd straight weekend next week. All signs point to a flip.

Derrick Brown will commit @ 2 CT on NSD.

EJ Price has a final 4 of AU, UGA, Bama, & USC. Not sure yet if he will OV UGA next week.

UK DB commit Jordan Griffin is believed to be a back up to Jayvaughn Myers. Not sure if a potentialn Character flip to SC would affect AU w/ Griffin. Griffin did not interview after his AU OV today.

LB/S target Stephen Davis Jr did not OV South Carolina this weekend as planned. He took the SAT instead.

LBs Elysee Mbem-Bosse & Josh Uche both committed to Michigan today while there on OVs there & are off the AU LB board.

1/23/16

Marlon Character, DB Jordan Griffin, and EJ Price are on an OV to AU.

1/22/16

Ahhmon Richards- Miami vs AU battle. Auburn wants to take one of him, Nate, or Nixon. First come first serve. Miami trending

Elysee Mbem-Bossee- Conflicting info. Some sources feel AU will make a push. Others feel EMB is not a real target anymore.

Erik Swenson- Not much noise w/ AU besides Hand following him on twitter. Not believed to be 1 of the top 3 OT targets

Jayvaughn Myers- Believe he and his brother will be Tigers. Jay isn't taking anymore visits as of now.

Jordan Griffin- UK commit. Says he's solid but is on an OV to AU right now.

Nigel Warrior- Temper expectations for NW, he is a UTk legacy and will be a hard pull.

Prince Sammons- believed to be 1 of the top 3 targets on the AU OT board behind Price & Dickerson. AU thinks thy have a real shot here.

Stephen Davis Jr.- AU may be taking him as an LB which could close out the LB class for AU in 2016.

Note: Some believe AU is looking to take 5 more. Others still think 6-7.

1/21/16

Derrick Brown- Most AU mods think AU is in good shape. (Golf says he's hearing good things.) Most believe it's a AU and UTk and then UGA at #3 but things can change this late in the game.

Elysee Mbem-Bossee- Keith Niebuhr (our most reliable and unbiased recruiting analyst for 247) just recently CB'd him to AU. AU coaches visited him this past week and I personally believe we'll land him.

Erik Swenson- UM was originally thought to have pulled his offer but now it's being reported that he knew in November.

EJ Price- UGA/AU battle with UGA ahead... Maybe? Lol no one knows a dang thing in his recruitment as of late. Got an OV to AU now & UGA on the 29th.

Nate Craig-Meyers- Auburn feels good. The other 3 WR's are recruiting him hard and CDC is doing work. Believe he's AU. Ole Miss has his last OV though.

Jayvaughn Meyers- Crimedog spent the majority of JM's visit to AU with him and I think Jay feels very comfortable with AU and the staff.

Stephen Davis Jr.- AU feels confident after his visit. Most believe he's being recruited as an ATH. Things can change but I believe he becomes apart of the class again.

Nigel Warrior- AU made a huge move recently. On an OV now to AU and his recent leader was UTk, but Mods think Auburn made a move and AU could become a major threat.

Prince Sammons- Coming for an OV this weekend. Auburn recruiting him as an OT though websites are projecting him as a DE.

Tre Nixon- AU gets last OV. Reports he is very impressionable so going last can be good for AU. UGA likely leads ATM.

Landon Dickerson- Hand contacted him recently and it went well. We are 3rd behind FSU and UTk.

Rashan Gary- All UM.

Ben Davis- I'll say that my gut feelings tells me we have a chance. He isn't the type to play our staff like others in the past. We get his last visit and ultimately we have nothing to lose by continuing to recruit the guy. My brain says all Bama but my gut says we have a shot. Tifwiw.

If anyone else has info or contributions feel free to do so. Try to keep random conversations out and only keep real info on targets here. Ask questions as well! Hope you guys like it and I'll try and keep this as updated as possible.

OP updated.

This is a thread that will have daily (willing of course) updates on the remaining targets.

1/24/16

DE/DT David Mashall will visit UGA 2nd straight weekend next week. All signs point to a flip.

Derrick Brown will commit @ 2 CT on NSD.

EJ Price has a final 4 of AU, UGA, Bama, & USC. Not sure yet if he will OV UGA next week.

UK DB commit Jordan Griffin is believed to be a back up to Jayvaughn Myers. Not sure if a potentialn Character flip to SC would affect AU w/ Griffin. Griffin did not interview after his AU OV today.

LB/S target Stephen Davis Jr did not OV South Carolina this weekend as planned. He took the SAT instead.

LBs Elysee Mbem-Bosse & Josh Uche both committed to Michigan today while there on OVs there & are off the AU LB board.

1/23/16

Marlon Character, DB Jordan Griffin, and EJ Price are on an OV to AU.

1/22/16

Ahhmon Richards- Miami vs AU battle. Auburn wants to take one of him, Nate, or Nixon. First come first serve. Miami trending

Elysee Mbem-Bossee- Conflicting info. Some sources feel AU will make a push. Others feel EMB is not a real target anymore.

Erik Swenson- Not much noise w/ AU besides Hand following him on twitter. Not believed to be 1 of the top 3 OT targets

Jayvaughn Myers- Believe he and his brother will be Tigers. Jay isn't taking anymore visits as of now.

Jordan Griffin- UK commit. Says he's solid but is on an OV to AU right now.

Nigel Warrior- Temper expectations for NW, he is a UTk legacy and will be a hard pull.

Prince Sammons- believed to be 1 of the top 3 targets on the AU OT board behind Price & Dickerson. AU thinks thy have a real shot here.

Stephen Davis Jr.- AU may be taking him as an LB which could close out the LB class for AU in 2016.

Note: Some believe AU is looking to take 5 more. Others still think 6-7.

1/21/16

Derrick Brown- Most AU mods think AU is in good shape. (Golf says he's hearing good things.) Most believe it's a AU and UTk and then UGA at #3 but things can change this late in the game.

Elysee Mbem-Bossee- Keith Niebuhr (our most reliable and unbiased recruiting analyst for 247) just recently CB'd him to AU. AU coaches visited him this past week and I personally believe we'll land him.

Erik Swenson- UM was originally thought to have pulled his offer but now it's being reported that he knew in November.

EJ Price- UGA/AU battle with UGA ahead... Maybe? Lol no one knows a dang thing in his recruitment as of late. Got an OV to AU now & UGA on the 29th.

Nate Craig-Meyers- Auburn feels good. The other 3 WR's are recruiting him hard and CDC is doing work. Believe he's AU. Ole Miss has his last OV though.

Jayvaughn Meyers- Crimedog spent the majority of JM's visit to AU with him and I think Jay feels very comfortable with AU and the staff.

Stephen Davis Jr.- AU feels confident after his visit. Most believe he's being recruited as an ATH. Things can change but I believe he becomes apart of the class again.

Nigel Warrior- AU made a huge move recently. On an OV now to AU and his recent leader was UTk, but Mods think Auburn made a move and AU could become a major threat.

Prince Sammons- Coming for an OV this weekend. Auburn recruiting him as an OT though websites are projecting him as a DE.

Tre Nixon- AU gets last OV. Reports he is very impressionable so going last can be good for AU. UGA likely leads ATM.

Landon Dickerson- Hand contacted him recently and it went well. We are 3rd behind FSU and UTk.

Rashan Gary- All UM.

Ben Davis- I'll say that my gut feelings tells me we have a chance. He isn't the type to play our staff like others in the past. We get his last visit and ultimately we have nothing to lose by continuing to recruit the guy. My brain says all Bama but my gut says we have a shot. Tifwiw.

If anyone else has info or contributions feel free to do so. Try to keep random conversations out and only keep real info on targets here. Ask questions as well! Hope you guys like it and I'll try and keep this as updated as possible.

Thanks to everyone who has info.

Practices were physical in 2013. Gus backed way off on physicality in 2014 to help with depth. The main way he did this was have 1s & 2s go against the scout teams most of the time w/ not much of the 1st 2 strings going against each other relative to how others in the SEC do it. In 2015 Gus went back to the 1st 2 teams going against each other mainly because that's what Boom demanded as a condition before he would be the DC @ AU.

Boom wanted to bring the boom.

Hope we learned our lessons.

Just gotta get a consistent lb coach and system and it will get better....

Coach Hothead did pretty good recruiting linebackers last year. Five 4* guys that played LB in high school (Atkinson, Colbert, Holland, McBryde and D. Williams.) Don't I recall that it was Hothead's first year coaching LB's at Auburn on his most recent pass through here? So, why can't we recruit the position like this more or less every year? Why so many, many swings and misses at top linebacker targets?

This year, you'd have to say we mis-evaluated some guys, and you'd have to say we the differing philosophies/targets among staffs made an impact.

Mack Wilson was never really a consideration for us. Ben Davis was always going to be an uphill battle. We were "in it" with Rashaun Smith and Tre Lamar, but it seems like Muschamp and his gang just got out-recruited on those guys.

The pre-Muschamp staff wasn't on Bituli, but Muschamp loved the guy. We just missed out on him. After that, we were on-again, off-again with EMB. Muschamp wasn't really recruiting Uche, but the new staff liked him. We had a shot at him, but we were late to the party. That's either a disagreement between staffs or mis-evaluation (find him faster).

There are certainly some I don't understand, like the kids from Florence and Phenix City going to Mississippi State. Seems like I never heard much about Thompson or Couch. Maybe that's just me missing the news on both guys. It certainly seems odd that MSU came into Alabama and pulled more guys at a position of need than Auburn could.

Coach Hothead did pretty good recruiting linebackers last year. Five 4* guys that played LB in high school (Atkinson, Colbert, Holland, McBryde and D. Williams.) Don't I recall that it was Hothead's first year coaching LB's at Auburn on his most recent pass through here? So, why can't we recruit the position like this more or less every year? Why so many, many swings and misses at top linebacker targets?

Just curious but did CWM actually ""recruit" any of these guys or did he just take the crop that Thompson and the previous coaches had been courting. Other than Cowart, I never got the feeling that his hiring did anything really long term for our recruiting....and as noted, most of the guys who were being courted by AU when he was here, have been chased by USCe now that our defensive staff is gone.

Just curious but did CWM actually ""recruit" any of these guys or did he just take the crop that Thompson and the previous coaches had been courting. Other than Cowart, I never got the feeling that his hiring did anything really long term for our recruiting....and as noted, most of the guys who were being courted by AU when he was here, have been chased by USCe now that our defensive staff is gone.

Holland

If we can land 2 of NCM, Nixon, or Richards then I would tell McClain to hit the road.

AU staff is not going to do that.

McClain is a very good WR in his own right

This ^^^^^

IIRC, the word WDE used to describe him was 'elite'.

If you are referring to me I said Davis was elite. Now McClain has the most developed body of any of our recruits this year. Kid is going to be damn good. Might take a year or two.

If we can land 2 of NCM, Nixon, or Richards then I would tell McClain to hit the road.

This ^^^^^

If you are referring to me I said Davis was elite. Now McClain has the most developed body of any of our recruits this year. Kid is going to be damn good. Might take a year or two

who are you projecting us to get to finish out the class, WDE?

Just a tidbit of news on Derrick Brown, visit didn't go so well. Auburn imp with UTk making the push. Tifwiw.

Also I personally believe we're trending with Tre Nixon regardless of what the crystal ball is saying. I think we take Craig and Nixon especially if Marshall decommits again. We get Nixon's final OV before NSD and to be honest I think he takes the official regardless of whether he commis to UGA this week.

This ^^^^^

If you are referring to me I said Davis was elite. Now McClain has the most developed body of any of our recruits this year. Kid is going to be damn good. Might take a year or two.

I was, and sorry I recalled incorrectly.

Just a tidbit of news on Derrick Brown, visit didn't go so well. Auburn imp with UTk making the push. Tifwiw.

I assume you are referring to his visit to Georgia?

Correct, the one he went to this weekend

How do I invest in Clayton? Cause his stock on this site has gone WAAAAAYYYYYY up. Good job Clayton. Nice info.

How do I invest in Clayton? Cause his stock on this site has gone WAAAAAYYYYYY up. Good job Clayton. Nice info.

I'm his broker.......send me the money and I'll take care of it for. Just PM me your financial info for security purposes

I'm his broker.......send me the money and I'll take care of it for. Just PM me your financial info for security purposes

Eaaaaaaaasy Golf lol!

Eaaaaaaaasy Golf lol!

Ha! Awesome. Golf, just send me your social security number and legal name and bank account info and I will wire the payment directly to you. :)

Archived