Daily Recruiting News (includes commit times)

ClaytonAU

Just gotta get a consistent lb coach and system and it will get better....

Coach Hothead did pretty good recruiting linebackers last year. Five 4* guys that played LB in high school (Atkinson, Colbert, Holland, McBryde and D. Williams.) Don't I recall that it was Hothead's first year coaching LB's at Auburn on his most recent pass through here? So, why can't we recruit the position like this more or less every year? Why so many, many swings and misses at top linebacker targets?

Good question but My guess would be because WM was the most reputable LB coach to be at AU in some time ....prior it was Old Man Ellis. Not to mention AU defense had massive LB Depth issues form

Post Tubbs and Chizk years.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are certainly some I don't understand, like the kids from Florence and Phenix City going to Mississippi State. Seems like I never heard much about Thompson or Couch. Maybe that's just me missing the news on both guys. It certainly seems odd that MSU came into Alabama and pulled more guys at a position of need than Auburn could.

You didn't hear about them because AU nor Bama for that matter, where ever really interested in them.

HUGE NEWS!!!

After effectively eliminating Florida State from his top schools a few days ago, it would appear Nate Craig-Myers has trimmed his list yet again.

Per ESPN’s Derek Tyson, the four-star receiver from Tampa (Fla.) Catholic has cancelled his upcoming official visit to Ole Miss. That makes Auburn and North Carolina, two schools he’s already taken official visits to, the likely front-runners for Craig-Myers ahead of National Signing Day.

Craig-Myers, who de-committed from Auburn in May, is one of a handful of receivers the Tigers continue to court, along with four-stars Ahmmon Richards (West Palm Beach, Fla.) and Tre Nixon (Melbourne, Fla.). He was recently visited in-home by coach Gus Malzahn, wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig and secondary coach Wesley McGriff on Sunday.

“They were telling me I’m on the top of the list of the guys that they need,” Craig-Myers said of his official visit to Auburn. “I can be one of the marquee guys who come in and play right away because they need guys.”

HUGE NEWS!!!

After effectively eliminating Florida State from his top schools a few days ago, it would appear Nate Craig-Myers has trimmed his list yet again.

Per ESPN’s Derek Tyson, the four-star receiver from Tampa (Fla.) Catholic has cancelled his upcoming official visit to Ole Miss. That makes Auburn and North Carolina, two schools he’s already taken official visits to, the likely front-runners for Craig-Myers ahead of National Signing Day.

Craig-Myers, who de-committed from Auburn in May, is one of a handful of receivers the Tigers continue to court, along with four-stars Ahmmon Richards (West Palm Beach, Fla.) and Tre Nixon (Melbourne, Fla.). He was recently visited in-home by coach Gus Malzahn, wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig and secondary coach Wesley McGriff on Sunday.

“They were telling me I’m on the top of the list of the guys that they need,” Craig-Myers said of his official visit to Auburn. “I can be one of the marquee guys who come in and play right away because they need guys.”

Wow! That is huge. especially because UNC was believed to be a distant 3rd before this report.

This isn't good for AU

Following his official visit to Georgia over the weekend, David Marshall received two phone calls: one from Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and another from defensive line coachRodney Garner.

The three-star defensive end said both appeared “worried,” as Marshall, whose commitment to the Tigers has become murky in recent weeks, has shown a growing interest in the Bulldogs under Kirby Smart.

“They’re coming to see me in the morning,” said Marshall, who intends on returning to Athens next week. As a result, he will no longer visit Ole Miss on Jan. 29 as originally planned.

“I probably will be going back next weekend with Tyler Clark to hang out with the players and to get to know the new staff and coaches,” Marshall told SEC Country’s Jeff Sentell.

The 6-foot-2, 272-pound standout from Upson-Lee High School said that while he has a better overall relationship with the Tigers staff, he’s developed a better relationship with Smart.

“Auburn is still standing out because of the relationship I have with the coaches,” Marshall said. “But I have a better relationship with coach Kirby (Smart) than I do with any coaches that are recruiting me.”

This isn't good for AU

Depends on your definition of not good for AU. Most of us are ready to see him go.

It's not a good look for Marshall to be committed to us and slobbering all over UGA.

He should decommit and stick with his decommitment this time.

From Gus's in-home Sunday ...

CZlDVA9WkAEABmk.jpg

Sorry, don't know these recruits by their face. Who is this IHV with?

Nate Craig and Jayvaughn Meyers (sorry for spelling), I believe.

This isn't good for AU

Depends on your definition of not good for AU. Most of us are ready to see him go.

It's not a good look for Marshall to be committed to us and slobbering all over UGA.

Just curious - I have never heard of any recruit decommitting from a school twice. Anyone remember one?

This isn't good for AU

Just curious - I have never heard of any recruit decommitting from a school twice. Anyone remember one?

Ive never heard of it. Definitely don't remember this type of drama from a 3 star.

This isn't good for AU

Well Gus and company seem to really want this kid, and that makes this bad news.

I'm still hoping they talk sense into him. He's clearly talented (when Ellis Johnson, Will Muschamp, Kevin Steele, Rodney Garner, Nick Saban, Bo Davis, Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, and Tracy Rocker all make you a priority, I believe you have talent). His conduct is unseemly, but I can stomach some of that from a young guy. He'll grow up or he won't make it no matter where he signs.

I'm still hoping for a defensive line class of: DT - Derrick Brown, Antwuan Jackson, Tashawn Manning (as a non-counter this year) and DE - Paul James III, Marlon Davidson, Nick Coe, and David Marshall. That would be a great crew with a number of guys that could contribute next year or very soon after that.

I'm still hoping they talk sense into him. He's clearly talented (when Ellis Johnson, Will Muschamp, Kevin Steele, Rodney Garner, Nick Saban, Bo Davis, Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, and Tracy Rocker all make you a priority, I believe you have talent). His conduct is unseemly, but I can stomach some of that from a young guy. He'll grow up or he won't make it no matter where he signs.

I'm still hoping for a defensive line class of: DT - Derrick Brown, Antwuan Jackson, Tashawn Manning (as a non-counter this year) and DE - Paul James III, Marlon Davidson, Nick Coe, and David Marshall. That would be a great crew with a number of guys that could contribute next year or very soon after that.

You are forgetting Derrick Brown. Lots more optimism for us after his official UGA visit last weekend.

OK.. last weekend before NSD and its usually the ones we sign.... Who all will get "in-home" visits?? Maybe Coach Craig can do a "sleep over", like Jim Harbaugh pulled off with 2 recruits.

And what is a good list of the BEAST that will be visiting January 30th???

WDE

You are forgetting Derrick Brown. Lots more optimism for us after his official UGA visit last weekend.

:chair:

:tease:

He's clearly talented (when Ellis Johnson, Will Muschamp, Kevin Steele, Rodney Garner, Nick Saban, Bo Davis, Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, and Tracy Rocker all make you a priority, I believe you have talent).

But his indecisiveness makes our Internet lives slightly less convenient, so we should probably cut him loose.

He's clearly talented (when Ellis Johnson, Will Muschamp, Kevin Steele, Rodney Garner, Nick Saban, Bo Davis, Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, and Tracy Rocker all make you a priority, I believe you have talent).

But his indecisiveness makes our Internet lives slightly less convenient, so we should probably cut him loose.

Indecisiveness? He is turning his commitment to Auburn into a huge mockery. Why are you the biggest David Marshall apologist lately?

:chair:/>

:tease:/>

Oh, umm....oops.

Wasn't a priority for Nick. Hence him never committing to Bama. Kirby was always driving the Marshall train.

Right. That's true. Remove Nick from the list, and I still say that list of coaches looks pretty good on any recruit.

Who all will get "in-home" visits??

SUNDAY

-Nate Craig Myers, WR, Jayvaughn Myers, CB: Gus, CDC, McGriff (Visiting both at same time)

MONDAY

-Landon Dickerson, OG & swing OT, Hand

TUESDAY

-David Marshall, DE, Thomaston (Ga.) Upson-Lee: Kevin Steele, Rodney Garner.

TUESDAY

-Rashan Gary, DT: Gus, Steele, Garner

--Prince Sammons, OT: Gus, Hand, Garner

-Marlon Character, S: McGriff

WEDNESDAY

-Ahmmon Richards, WR: Gus, Craig, Fountain

THURSDAY

-Derrick Brown, DT: Gus , Steele, Garner

-Tre Nixon, WR: Fountain

FRIDAY

-Nick Coe, DE: Gus, Steele, Garner

-Woody Barrett, QB: Fountain

TBD

-E.J. Price, OT: Lashlee, Hand

-Nigel Warrior, S: McGriff

And what is a good list of the BEAST that will be visiting January 30th???

Ben Davis

Prince Sammons

Tre Nixon

Also Gus usually does not like to go last OV wise as opposed to other coaches. The past 2 years his big weekend was right after the dead period ended & did not have many on the final weekend before NSD.

Archived