Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Priorities, pffft. Clearly yours aren't as properly aligned as those of Elvis impersonators doing reggae covers of Led Zeppelin. 

Alas, Dean of Grad School didn't deem it an excusable absence (4 previous degrees, no problem). From what I've gathered of touring schedules, might wait awhile for another chance, or might even have to leave the house.

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Alas, Dean of Grad School didn't deem it an excusable absence (4 previous degrees, no problem). From what I've gathered of touring schedules, might wait awhile for another chance, or might even have to leave the house.

The good news is that artists *have* to tour these days because nobody buys records anymore. And he's young and really now just hitting his stride, and he's more or less sober as far as I know- maybe even completely- and he's a family man- so we should have him around for awhile*... Anyway, his tickets won't be getting any easier or cheaper to procure, but the chances will be there. 

*And that's kind of a beautiful thing, now that I think about it. We are absolutely filthy rich right now with amazing songwriters who aren't in the self-destructive rock star or country outlaw mode of days gone by. I mean, we still have John Prine and Willie Nelson and several others, and there's probably another Townes Van Zandt somewhere that I'm not thinking about, but  it looks like Sturgill's going to be with us for awhile. Jason Isbell, too. Margo Price... heck, Jack White, for that matter. St. Paul, Alabama Shakes... lots of really good, really real music available to us these days. And maybe not so many tragic endings ahead. Hopefully. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, so...feeling metalish.

I regularly do cardio to their "Antennas Toward Hell" album. 

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofus and @AUinTLoosa

Since his guitar player left and his grandfather died, Sturgill has all but dissapeared from the social media scene. In fact, I went to his Facebook page and all of his posted content has been deleted. Not sure what's up, but something is...

:( Hope nothing serious 

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Kendrick Lamar is the best living hip hop artist. This video and song go very hard.

He's in a very special place creatively.

Edited by McLoofus

• Like 1

• Like 1

Okay, last one in the string. I think this is a good cover of this gem. 

I heard it said that if this song plays and the person with you doesn't sing along, there's something seriously wrong with that person. I agree. 

Driving to Tloosa, NPR News (of all sources) reminded me of "Spinal Tap." 

Not at all sure if the principals in that project had a particular band in mind to parody but, looking back, if they had one, one might guess:

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Heep was a very good concert band their best song imo was 

Where has all the Op-Art gone?

One of my favorite songs to sing-a-long with.

• Like 2