Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

hey golf, these are my two favorite songs by Rod.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Until reminded by the local (So.Ala.) radio station, I just plumb forgot (poor,poor, pitiful me) that (for the procrastinators amongst us) this is tax day. Seems worthy of commemoration and also gives me a chance to remember (such an excitable boy) a trooper.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Until reminded by the local (So.Ala.) radio station, I just plumb forgot (poor,poor, pitiful me) that (for the procrastinators amongst us) this is tax day. Seems worthy of commemoration and also gives me a chance to remember (such an excitable boy) a trooper.

With volume, don't mind if I do. 

One of many songs introduced to me by Widespread Panic. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

With volume, don't mind if I do. 

One of many songs introduced to me by Widespread Panic. 

Thank you sir. Hadn't realized it'd been covered. When I looked up the Panic, I found a Hank Williams Jr. (w./ less fidelity) as well. Learning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Malthusian protest music? More angst than anger.

Let's see how long we can keep this going. The first time I ever heard this song. More anger than angst? Fairly certain not many will genuinely, or even disingenuously, like this:

16 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

It was such a revelation and shock to me when I actually paid attention to the lyrics of Excitable Boy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Let's see how long we can keep this going. The first time I ever heard this song. More anger than angst? Fairly certain not many will genuinely, or even disingenuously, like this:

Ouch. One might wonder how The Accused would have been received at Woodstock.

dF8W4x4.jpg

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well that was interesting 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Ouch. One might wonder how The Accused would have been received at Woodstock.

Accused, confused, abused, recused? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if it's exactly what you meant, but I dare you to find an angry cover of this one. Pretty sure it's not doable.

ETA - I was unfamiliar w./the video. Sorry, Kind'a lame. 

Edited by AUinTLoosa
  • Like 1

a la others (e.g. Carole King, John Denver, etc.) Mr. Nelson had a long and productive career as a writer before he hit it as a performer. A brief retrospective is presented (I was surprised as hell to find so many of the album cuts represented in a youtube version).

ETA - Is it proper to call it "covering" if it's your own stuff?

Edited by AUinTLoosa

13 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Not sure if it's exactly what you meant, but I dare you to find an angry cover of this one. Pretty sure it's not doable.

I'm inclined to agree. There are some "metal" and "punk" covers out there, but that just isn't an angry melody and it can't be made into one. About the only thing you could do is have a little girl sing it a capella and slow it way down to try and make it sound creepy in the current fashion of horror movie trailers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm inclined to agree. There are some "metal" and "punk" covers out there, but that just isn't an angry melody and it can't be made into one. About the only thing you could do is have a little girl sing it a capella and slow it way down to try and make it sound creepy in the current fashion of horror movie trailers. 

Wait! You dissin' my occasional Barbershop offerings???

Self-indulgent? maybe. Creepy?

Humph, said the inscrutable camel.

ETA - [underline] occasional [end underline]

Edited by AUinTLoosa
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Wait! You dissin' my occasional Barbershop offerings???

Self-indulgent? maybe. Creepy?

Humph, said the inscrutable camel.

ETA - [underline] occasional [end underline]

Laughing out loud to the point that it was worth avoiding acronyms.

Not really a specific band, but I have been on a specific genre kick lately. I am a classic rock guy for the most part, but lately my radio has been staying on Sirius/XM's Prime Country (80s & 90s) with a smattering of Outlaw Country thrown in for good measure. I have no clue what got me started except maybe my subconscious is longing for something else from my teenage and early 20s years.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ranger12 said:

Not really a specific band, but I have been on a specific genre kick lately. I am a classic rock guy for the most part, but lately my radio has been staying on Sirius/XM's Prime Country (80s & 90s) with a smattering of Outlaw Country thrown in for good measure. I have no clue what got me started except maybe my subconscious is longing for something else from my teenage and early 20s years.

Yes! Check out the "Keith Whitley radio" channel on Pandora...if you haven't already. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yes! Check out the "Keith Whitley radio" channel on Pandora...if you haven't already. 

Aside - Refuge, local (So.Ala.) radio is abuzz w./imminent arrival (6 May) of your buddy (Sturgell Simpson) at Orange Beach.

Alas, the Grad School in TTown has made it mandatory that I dress up funny and walk for this degree (my 1st walk since HS).

Album was a birthday gift from a co-worker, and it’s the thought that counts.

A reggae band, with an obese Elvis-impersonator front man, covering Zeppelin.

What could possibly go wrong?

Must admit, never bothered to chase them down live.

12 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Aside - Refuge, local (So.Ala.) radio is abuzz w./imminent arrival (6 May) of your buddy (Sturgell Simpson) at Orange Beach.

Alas, the Grad School in TTown has made it mandatory that I dress up funny and walk for this degree (my 1st walk since HS).

Priorities, pffft. Clearly yours aren't as properly aligned as those of Elvis impersonators doing reggae covers of Led Zeppelin.