Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The Little Big Store in Raymond, MS. It was originally located in Jackson. An absolutely amazing place. The owner just passed away and her kids are now running it. The store has survived all these years, despite the “business”.

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/blogs/magazine/little-big-store-best-record-store-mississippi

I do miss going to the record store big or small spent way to much money but well worth it. Broke my heart to sell my record collection a few years ago but it just got to much to store them once we moved into a condo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I do miss going to the record store big or small spent way to much money but well worth it.

Just the album covers… miss thumbing through vinyl just to look at the covers….

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

Just the album covers… miss thumbing through vinyl just to look at the covers….

and the smell of incense as well as other stuff from the back room

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I worked at a local music/video store for about 2 years before I went to AUburn in the ‘90s. I remember when we first started selling CDs I thought, “ there’s no way these things are going to make it.”  I think Vulgar Display of Power may have been the first CD I bought. 

• Like 3

I know we’ve talked about this dude some in here but this song played on my Spotify feed yesterday and it is so damn catchy. Fits with the talk of vinyl, seems straight out of the late 50s/early 60s. Listen and try to get it out of your head, I dare you:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This was my first real exposure to a b side on a single. I can’t even remember what the hit single was, but I damn sure remember Breadfan.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:25 AM, fredst said:

I know we’ve talked about this dude some in here but this song played on my Spotify feed yesterday and it is so damn catchy. Fits with the talk of vinyl, seems straight out of the late 50s/early 60s. Listen and try to get it out of your head, I dare you:

Big fans at our house. His collab with Khruangbin is really good, too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Big fans at our house. His collab with Khruangbin is really good, too. 

I enjoy those collaboration albums- there is one called “Texas Moon” too. Both good, wish there were more tracks on them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK which one Mr Kitty mr Dark, Space Age Love Flock of Seagulls or Wishing and I'm talking about the video/song together

Also I'm a big fan of Frank Whaley

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 7:51 PM, augolf1716 said:

I do miss going to the record store big or small spent way to much money but well worth it. Broke my heart to sell my record collection a few years ago but it just got to much to store them once we moved into a condo

Man, I hate to hear that. I have an original Sgt. Peppers from christmas of '67, I need to post some of my vynl in here at some point.

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2022 at 1:32 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Absolute banger.  Steely Dan is my #1 band of all time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Anyone checked out the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album? its not bad.

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Anyone checked out the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album? its not bad.

Have heard very good things. And from a guy who really didn't want to like it, lol.