Trump wins South Carolina

Auburnfan91

Even though only 4% of the vote in South Carolina has been counted, Trump is already projected to be the winner.

Cruz and Rubio are fighting for 2nd.

Bush is a distant 4th.

No real surprise. I think this is the end of Bush. Carson should drop out. Whether he will or not is impossible to tell right now. Kasich should fold up his tent too.

I get the feeling Carson will have the Keith Richards of presidential campaigns for some reason.

No real surprise. I think this is the end of Bush. Carson should drop out. Whether he will or not is impossible to tell right now. Kasich should fold up his tent too.

I get the feeling Carson will have the Keith Richards of presidential campaigns for some reason.

I kinda get the same impression. He has been acting sort of strange these past few weeks.

Edit; Bush has suspended his campaign.

Jeb dropped out......

I thought his concession speech was good. Just too much Bush fatigue for the country is suspect.

IMO, he topped out with his avg results...4 or 5%........polling like that won't get you very far. Bush fatigue aside, Jeb could use some caffeine...lots of caffeine.....Boring human being....nothing wrong with that, low energy just does not translate to a popular following..

Jeb dropped out......

I thought his concession speech was good. Just too much Bush fatigue for the country is suspect.

Not just that but he was.the poster boy for the establishment. That was fatal in a year when anti establishment sentiment is running high.

He had a 10 point victory and strong exit polling they trusted.

Thanks for the update, Chad.

Polling isn't always so accurate.

Unless one of either Cruz or Rubio drop out, Trump will run away with it. They are splitting the votes needed to top Trump. I think the followers of one would follow the other for the most part.

Unless one of either Cruz or Rubio drop out, Trump will run away with it. They are splitting the votes needed to top Trump. I think the followers of one would follow the other for the most part.

To some degree they do. Rubio is the choice of the establishment since their number one choice, bush couldn't get any traction. A lot of Rubio support would go to Trump in the event he dropped out. Now on the other hand, very little of Cruz supporters would go to Trump.

To some degree they do. Rubio is the choice of the establishment since their number one choice, bush couldn't get any traction. A lot of Rubio support would go to Trump in the event he dropped out. Now on the other hand, very little of Cruz supporters would go to Trump.

Rubio has come along as a stronger candidate than Cruz it seems in recent weeks, so I can see what you are saying.

I agree with both of you. Were this a horserace, we wouldn't even be to the first turn yet but, I like Rubio's position. If Rubio can move significantly ahead of Cruz, I believe he will be the next president.

He had a 10 point victory and strong exit polling they trusted.

Thanks for the update, Chad.

Polling isn't always so accurate.

When you get a good representative sample of votes it's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing.

The GOP could be dumber than I think but in the end I believe Rubio emerges as the nominee; he's certainly the strongest and most capable on that side.

Rubio did a good job deflecting Trump's latest nonsense (re: eligibility) ...

Later on "This Week," Rubio brushed off Trump's claims.

"Look, this is a pattern. This is a game he plays. He says something that's edgy and outrageous and then the media flocks and covers that and then no one else can get any coverage on anything else," Rubio said. "And that worked when there were 15 people running for president. It's not going to work anymore.

http://politi.co/1Q2JcA2

Archived