2017 3* TE Tre McKitty (FSU 12/16/16)

ellitor

8 minutes ago, autan said:

I agree kids who emerge late will get found, but seems it usually is by UAB or Troy or mid majors.  Many of the big programs are about filled up by fall. AU is certainly not full by a long shot, but seems like the 20 or so targets are pretty well set. Just trying to decide which commitments to take.    QB (now TE) suddenly becoming the exception.

Respectfully a couple of inaccuracies in the above post. No team besides maybe occasionally Texas is ever that close to full by the Fall. And AU is not in the position you think in your post. Along w/ QB & TE these other spots are wide open without truly knowing who a top target may be. (3 WRs, 1-2 OLs, 2 DEs, 1-2 DTs, 2 CBs, & 1 Safety). That means other than Bishop, Barrett, & whoever we take for the last 2 LB spots the rest of the spots are fairly wide open right now.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not over until it's over . This guy is still a possibility JMO

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

It's not over until it's over . This guy is still a possibility JMO

Definitely not over. Just following suit with what the Mods usually do on moving players committed to other teams to the Rivals recruiting section. When things heat back up between AU & Tre it will be moved back.

• 2 months later...

We COULD get back in on this kid with oregon being horrible but sounds like hes smart enough to know not to come here because all he wants is to see some throws to the TE and we just do not have a good one on the roster and the Rice situation.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We COULD get back in on this kid with oregon being horrible but sounds like hes smart enough to know not to come here because all he wants is to see some throws to the TE and we just do not have a good one on the roster and the Rice situation.

With Oregon struggling I think he will get a lot of pressure from his family to come to Auburn who they like a lot or another school closer to home.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With Oregon struggling I think he will get a lot of pressure from his family to come to Auburn who they like a lot or another school closer to home.

247 has me forever worried about fsu. they keep saying watch out for them.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

247 has me forever worried about fsu. they keep saying watch out for them.

They don't have an aviation program. That's what he wants to study. We have a clear Advantage there.

• 2 weeks later...

Moved the thread back over because he is officially visiting this weekend and Auburn feels like it has a shot at flipping him given Oregon's struggling season.

This kid is not coming to AU reading the tea leaves and I do not blame him. All he asks is that we throw to the TE and LOL GUS. That is not happening since our best TE had to leave the program. Gus pitch I read in a article about summarizing his visit was about how he threw a lot at tulsa to Charles Clay the current Bills TE. I mean if your having to reach that far back..........

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This kid is not coming to AU reading the tea leaves and I do not blame him. All he asks is that we throw to the TE and LOL GUS. That is not happening since our best TE had to leave the program. Gus pitch I read in a article about summarizing his visit was about how he threw a lot at tulsa to Charles Clay the current Bills TE. I mean if your having to reach that far back..........

I am OK with that. Not using a TE doesn't appear to be hampering our offense this year. Hey, if a game plan or offensive style doesn't suit use of TEs then fine. We don't need to change what we do well to accommodate players we will rarely use. That said, Malzahn did use Lutz pretty well when he was OC.

Just now, thaitopher said:

I am OK with that. Not using a TE doesn't appear to be hampering our offense this year. Hey, if a game plan or offensive style doesn't suit use of TEs then fine. We don't need to change what we do well to accommodate players we will rarely use. That said, Malzahn did use Lutz pretty well when he was OC.

Used him very well.... in the red zone. Did not have a lot of catches and was not a volume target guy but I agree with what your saying. Just seems the college game across the board neglects the tight end spots besides a few programs here and there.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:
3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Malzahn did use Lutz pretty well when he was OC.

Used him very well.... in the red zone. Did not have a lot of catches and was not a volume target guy but I agree with what your saying.

Hey Lutzenkirchen is German for Touchdown Machine...

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Used him very well.... in the red zone. Did not have a lot of catches and was not a volume target guy but I agree with what your saying. Just seems the college game across the board neglects the tight end spots besides a few programs here and there.

Even OJ Howard doesn't have the kind of production you'd think he'd have. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Even OJ Howard doesn't have the kind of production you'd think he'd have. 

Most bama fans did not even know who he was till clemson last year.......

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you are going to summarize an article please provide the article link. Just in case you are not aware summaries of Premium or VIP articles are not allowed on AUFamily.

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU is still very much in the mix. But Tre's dad has concerns about AU. Miami is making a huge push.  

There are two other factors on the Miami side also. They throw the ball quite a bit to the tight ends and I am pretty sure they have an aviation program which is what Tre wants to get his degree in.

Just now, ellitor said:

There are two other factors on the Miami side also. They throw the ball quite a bit to the tight ends and I am pretty sure they have an aviation program which is what Tre wants to get his degree in.

Richt put several TEs in the league at UGA, right?

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This is correct. I'd put my money on UM at this point. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Richt put several TEs in the league at UGA, right?

Yes plus Miami produces tight ends like nobody's business. Shockley, Winslow, Olsen, and Graham to name a few.

Archived