New QB Spring Leaders

bikeriderga

Having a starting QB whose main asset is his running ability and speed who is that small would worry me going into a season like next year but we've seen plenty of small players contribute every game on high caliber sec teams.

Percy Harvin was 6-1 188 when he started at UF. Not to mention O-Mac's role in 2010 (and other seasons).

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45]

TT8Kfxdb_bigger.jpg

@
_Davis_Boy12

@jf3_5 4.28 ON LASER 1f631.png1f633.png1f629.png that ain't even fair bruh! #MrCatchMeIfYouCan

Meaning he ran a 4.28 forty? Now that is Bo Jackson and Dion Sanders territory and not many others!

Yeah that's fast, even assuming for a margin of error with the timing, which with laser I'm not sure how much there is.

For those who know, when the coaches have talked about him needing to improve ball security, are they talking about fumbles or INTs?

Meaning he ran a 4.28 forty? Now that is Bo Jackson and Dion Sanders territory and not many others!

Yeah that's fast, even assuming for a margin of error with the timing, which with laser I'm not sure how much there is.

For those who know, when the coaches have talked about him needing to improve ball security, are they talking about fumbles or INTs?

If he runs that fast they may be talking about wearing a jock strap.

Yeah, I watched his 40, you can tell he runs wild. If he knows how to slide and run out of bounds that will certainly help though

Yeah, I watched his 40, you can tell he runs wild. If he knows how to slide and run out of bounds that will certainly help though

Manziel was so good at that. If you can learn to protect your body, you can overcome things like size.

4.28 Lasered....I know he is very fast but I have to see it believe it.

I mean Deshaun is saying we have 5 guys who ran 4.28 or faster. Very hard for me to believe.

4.28 Lasered....I know he is very fast but I have to see it believe it.

I mean Deshaun is saying we have 5 guys who ran 4.28 or faster. Very hard for me to believe.

Very hard? That's putting it kindly.

We brought in some guys who can flat out fly. So I wouldn't be supprised if we have 5 sub 4.4 guys

Hand timed? Sure. Lasered? I don't believe it. Not one single guy in the 2016 combine ran a lasered sub 4.2 forty.

We brought in some guys who can flat out fly. So I wouldn't be supprised if we have 5 sub 4.4 guys

I looked up the combine records and only 5 players have ever ran 4.28 or lower. So, my point was I don't believe we have 5 guys that fast on our team.

I looked up the combine records and only 5 players have ever ran 4.28 or lower. So, my point was I don't believe we have 5 guys that fast on our team.

He said sub 4.4, but I doubt we have 5 of those either.

If we do we'll find out soon, lol.

Are they running 40s today?

They've ran them today. Deshaun RT a post from Deon Mix saying five guys ran 4.28 or lower today.

https://twitter.com/...817159591579648

Manziel was so good at that. If you can learn to protect your body, you can overcome things like size.

Except against Auburn in College Station got knocked out for a series or two

They've ran them today. Deshaun RT a post from Deon Mix saying five guys ran 4.28 or lower today.

Got ya. I mean, I don't think he's lying, but there is no way we have 5 guys who would run official 4.28s or lower. Seems like this happens every year. 5 guys run some ridiculous time, then they get to the combine and run 1-2 tenths of a second slower.

Except against Auburn in College Station got knocked out for a series or two

Yeah, someone landed on him as I remember. He played pretty inspired after they numbed his arm up. That was a fun night. We were down at the beach watching all the games at the Red Bar. First, Auburn surprised A&M, then my friend Andrew Ritter kicked the game winning field goal for Ole Miss to beat LSU later that night.

Got ya. I mean, I don't think he's lying, but there is no way we have 5 guys who would run official 4.28s or lower. Seems like this happens every year. 5 guys run some ridiculous time, then they get to the combine and run 1-2 tenths of a second slower.

I believe it hand timed for sure. I will say that JF3 quite possibly could run a 4.3

Jonathon did it last year. Definitely not seeing five guys doing it though. Good to see we have world class speed on the field though.

They say Davis can fly, not Carlton but the other guy. Ford probably does run a sub 4.4. I think we probably have around 4 guys that can run at least low 4.4's

They say Davis can fly, not Carlton but the other guy. Ford probably does run a sub 4.4. I think we probably have around 4 guys that can run at least low 4.4's

which is crazy fast

Absolutely. Truitt and Ryan Davis are still hurt too aren't they. Then looking at the guys are different positions. Jf3 a qb, Ford a safety, Davis a corner....We can potentially field a pretty fast team on the field.

If you look at the article on al.com it also says Ford ran 4.20 and Davis ran 4.18. I'm calling BS. I know they are fast but they ain't that fast.

Now, that sounds reasonable.

Archived