New QB Spring Leaders

bikeriderga

So what are the odds we get Jenkins? Did we back off of Webb or did he back off of us? We desperately need Jenkins.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think jenkins would be an awesome get but it's going to hurt our reputation especially if we win big with him.

I understand he hasn't been found guilty of anything but that doesn't matter to anyone else......sad as that may be.

Looks like Jay G Tate is hearing the same thing I am. For those of you on The Bunker. This was from yesterday. Talking about Webb. Get ready.

"I'm not 100% on this just yet.

There may be another option."

Shoney's Big Boy Tate is hedging again. Who is the other option?

wde

Book of Eli.

Got it. We will see. Please tell me that your source is not JGT.

wde

Lol. You got me.

Seriously, if your source for inside info regarding practices and other inside info is JGT then you don't have a source.

wde

I have never met or talked to Jay Tate.

Great. Now if you will post that Jay Tate is not your source in any way of inside info, then I will let this go.

wde

Since WDE won't defend himself I will. WDE has known for months that Eli was a possibility while JGT adimently denied the whole time til yesterday that Eli was a possibility.

Also I don't know what you have against JGT but he is good people & a solid reporter. It's not like he's PM who the AU AD uses sometimes as a fluff mouth piece.

I think jenkins would be an awesome get but it's going to hurt our reputation especially if we win big with him.

I understand he hasn't been found guilty of anything but that doesn't matter to anyone else......sad as that may be.

Nothing sad at all. The legal process can take years. Plus, the burden of proof, for good reason, is ridiculously high in criminal matters which schools shouldn't be held to. The school should simply perform is own independent investigation and come to its own conclusion. Obviously, if there is an actual conviction the school should probably defer to it, but jurors are unpredictable so a truly independent investigation will be more likely to lead to the truth.

Nothing sad at all. The legal process can take years. Plus, the burden of proof, for good reason, is ridiculously high in criminal matters which schools shouldn't be held to. The school should simply perform is own independent investigation and come to its own conclusion. Obviously, if there is an actual conviction the school should probably defer to it, but jurors are unpredictable so a truly independent investigation will be more likely to lead to the truth.

His image is destroyed in the eyes of the public no matter what comes of it. Cam was cleared and I'm still having to defend him whenever an ignorant person spouts their opinion...going on 6 years later.

The sad part I am referring to is that he will be labeled guilty by our rivals and his domestic violence charge will be brought up by every espn commentator before every game the kid starts. You know they always bring that crap up every game.

Looks like Jay G Tate is hearing the same thing I am. For those of you on The Bunker. This was from yesterday. Talking about Webb. Get ready.

"I'm not 100% on this just yet.

There may be another option."

Shoney's Big Boy Tate is hedging again. Who is the other option?

wde

Book of Eli.

Got it. We will see. Please tell me that your source is not JGT.

wde

Lol. You got me.

Seriously, if your source for inside info regarding practices and other inside info is JGT then you don't have a source.

wde

I have never met or talked to Jay Tate.

Great. Now if you will post that Jay Tate is not your source in any way of inside info, then I will let this go.

wde

Since WDE won't defend himself I will. WDE has known for months that Eli was a possibility while JGT adimently denied the whole time til yesterday that Eli was a possibility.

Also I don't know what you have against JGT but he is good people & a solid reporter. It's not like he's PM who the AU AD uses sometimes as a fluff mouth piece.

I agree WDE has posted about Jenkins before. I just wanted to confirm he did not get his info from JGT.

JGT's claim to fame is checking flightware and exposing JetGate in 2003. That was certainly a scoop and well done for him. Since then, he has been made out to be some super inside information person (self promoted on his failed attempt at web site hosting). He also childishly wrote a column or blog several years ago bitching about AU cutting off food service during a football game before the game ended because his fat butt didn't get enough free food to eat prior to being cut off.

Yes, I have a problem with JGT. He is no better or worse than PM.

wde

The sad part I am referring to is that he will be labeled guilty by our rivals and his domestic violence charge will be brought up by every espn commentator before every game the kid starts. You know they always bring that crap up every game.

I don't know what happened but Auburn better be damn sure he didn't lady a finger on anyone if it wants him. I don't care if the charges are ultimately dropped. The charges being dropped might be more more of a reflection that no one is coming forward to give av statement more than a reflection of his innocence, or lack thereof. Best move in my opinion would be to hire an independent firm to investigate the matter.

I don't know what happened but Auburn better be damn sure he didn't lady a finger on anyone if it wants him. I don't care if the charges are ultimately dropped. The charges being dropped might be more more of a reflection that no one is coming forward to give av statement more than a reflection of his innocence, or lack thereof. Best move in my opinion would be to hire an independent firm to investigate the matter.

Cam's laptop charges were dropped. Still hearing about that too years later. Bringing in Eli would be a nightmare to deal with.

Agreed.

Is it "lady a finger" or finger a l..... oh never mind. "Joke"

ha! I think it's a typo finger. :)

ha! I think it's a typo finger. :)

All in fun. :)

Guess I will never ever understand how we so frequently end with the success of our football program dependant on ignoring or minimizng bad behavior by some guy like this.

Get this wrong and it never goes away...and provides opportunity for a black eye for Auburn University

Cam's laptop charges were dropped. Still hearing about that too years later. Bringing in Eli would be a nightmare to deal with.

Even if you conduct an independent investigation and conclude that he is innocent, I still don't see bringing him on to the team as a prudent decision by Auburn University. If something were to happen once he arrives on campus involving he and a female student, Auburn would be held culpable in the court of public opinion. In a case like this, that is the kind of exposure that Auburn would be opening itself up to. It doesn't matter whether Auburn were to actually be held Liable in the court of law. It's the university's name, it's Jay's name, it's Gus's name that would be smeared all over the country.

Guess I will never ever understand how we so frequently end with the success of our football program dependant on ignoring or minimizng bad behavior by some guy like this.

Get this wrong and it never goes away...and provides opportunity for a black eye for Auburn University

It does, but without ignoring this type of bad behavior our last SEC Championship would have been in 2004,

wde

For people asking how to deal with this, we have had players with legal issues play for us and transfer to us. Hell people bitched about Tebow for being religious. If you are winning people will complain and poke fun at you. Just like people blasted the Cowboys for signing Hardy. If he is clear to play, play him. If we are Green on Jenkins, and the staff thinks he is our best shot, then sign him and let's get on with it.

not worth it imo. I just don't think he's skilled enough to look past this charge. Legit charge or not. Just like AU80Cruiser said....the commentators will mention it every. single. game. And we already have a bad reputation nationally, there's no sense to add to it IMO especially when the guy isn't some freak next level talent.

not worth it imo. I just don't think he's skilled enough to look past this charge. Legit charge or not. Just like AU80Cruiser said....the commentators will mention it every. single. game. And we already have a bad reputation nationally, there's no sense to add to it IMO especially when the guy isn't some freak next level talent.

Back in 2014...

Malzahn was specifically asked if Auburn has a zero tolerance policy toward domestic violence.

"There's no doubt about that," Malzahn said. "I would expect that most programs around the country have that."

Malzahn also indicated that Auburn would not sign a recruit with a history of domestic violence.

"There's no doubt," Malzahn said. "You don't go there."

Back in 2014...

Malzahn was specifically asked if Auburn has a zero tolerance policy toward domestic violence.

"There's no doubt about that," Malzahn said. "I would expect that most programs around the country have that."

Malzahn also indicated that Auburn would not sign a recruit with a history of domestic violence.

He'd be wise to stick by those statements

Back in 2014...

Great stance right there and I remember when he said that.

.....and then it came out that we were still recruiting Jonathan Taylor at that time or after :slapfh: .

Back in 2014...

.....and then it came out that we were still recruiting Jonathan Taylor at that time or after :slapfh: .

A popular narrative was that we were recruiting Taylor and then backed off after the Ray Rice thing. But it does sound like we were recruiting him at least some with full knowledge that he beat up a woman. I'm a lot more cautious about taking any kind of moral high ground as a fan over any other program or assuming that Gus is any more scrupulous than any other coach after that.

That said, at least it's unclear to us at this point if Jenkins actually did anything unforgivable. With Taylor, that part of it was not up for debate.

Back in 2014...

A popular narrative was that we were recruiting Taylor and then backed off after the Ray Rice thing. But it does sound like we were recruiting him at least some with full knowledge that he beat up a woman. I'm a lot more cautious about taking any kind of moral high ground as a fan over any other program or assuming that Gus is any more scrupulous than any other coach after that.

That said, at least it's unclear to us at this point if Jenkins actually did anything unforgivable. With Taylor, that part of it was not up for debate.

Agreed and agreed. Unfortunately, all it takes is the allegation these days and the kid's name is mud as is the future school that he goes to. Even if he's cleared completely of the allegation that always will stick with his name.

Archived