Jax State QB

tmjiv

If all you saw of Cam was the national title game, you might've been over him too. One bad game on a big stage doesn't make or break a player.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all you saw of Cam was the national title game, you might've been over him too. One bad game on a big stage doesn't make or break a player.

Shows what an incredible season he had when his national title game is considered a "bad" game for him.

Yeah, you'd think the accolades Jenkins received for his full season of work would factor more heavily into folks' assessments of him. Actually, never mind. Shallow, fly by analysis will always be a thing.

There was a lot of hype on Cam leading up to that game. Just won a Heisman, his stats were bonkers throughout the whole year, and it was 1 whole month of media coverage between the last game and the BCS title game with airtime they filled predominantly with Cam, not to mention the polarizing view people have on him. Combine all of that and you consider going 20/34 for 265 yards 2 TDs and 64 rushing yards as a "bad" game. I wish we had such poor performances from our QBs this past year! And I hope our QBs our that bad this year :hellyeah:

There was a lot of hype on Cam leading up to that game. Just won a Heisman MVP, his stats were bonkers throughout the whole year, and it was 1 whole month of media coverage between the last game and the BCS title game Super Bowl with airtime they filled predominantly with Cam, not to mention the polarizing view people have on him. Combine all of that and you consider going 20/34 18/41 for 265 yards 2 TDs and 64 rushing yards (um, actually we won't list the rest of his stats) as a "bad" game. I wish we had such poor performances from our QBs this past year! And I hope our QBs our that bad this year :hellyeah:

Kind of uncanny, except one somewhat meaningful difference...

Think 4/29/2016 or after

Can never tell whether you're being sarcastic, but um...thanks. I'll make of this cryptic hint what I can. :)

He's not being cryptic. These graduate transfer guys have to wait until their current school's term ends and they actually.....graduate. After that talk can be talked and announcements can be made.

yep 4/29/2016 date he graduates

I would be surprised if anything happens with him before June 8... since June 7 is when they decide if he's going on trial or the charges are being dropped. I'm also surprised in all of this Jenkins talk that no one has mentioned that he's currently recovering from shoulder surgery, so there's a chance he won't even be 100% in the Fall.

Nah....that's OK...people don't need all the facts, and actually are satisfied with few actual "facts" before they engage in rampant speculation. And it seems the less we know, the more willing we are to ignore facts.

Still think its going to be SW, JJ and JP3 in that order. ....and facts be damned.

If it's not Eli (very good chance it will be) it will be another transfer, I wasn't told who.

There was a lot of hype on Cam leading up to that game. Just won a Heisman MVP, his stats were bonkers throughout the whole year, and it was 1 whole month of media coverage between the last game and the BCS title game Super Bowl with airtime they filled predominantly with Cam, not to mention the polarizing view people have on him. Combine all of that and you consider going 20/34 18/41 for 265 yards 2 TDs and 64 rushing yards (um, actually we won't list the rest of his stats) as a "bad" game. I wish we had such poor performances from our QBs this past year! And I hope our QBs our that bad this year :hellyeah:

Yikes

That Denver defense was vicious though. They had the better game plan and they executed it. The only thing I was really disappointed to see from Cam was how it really got to him. I'm not talking about the post-game stuff. They really frustrated him during the game. Don't get me wrong, I would have been too. He was getting killed. He'll learn from that though. I'll never hate on him for wearing his emotions on his sleeves.

As for Eli, I really didn't watch him outside the Auburn game. I'm curious to watch that championship game of his, just to see what went wrong.

Boy, regardless if Jenkins case is dismissed, can you imagine the negative press, media (ESPN), and rival comments we will get blasted with if we even show we are seriously interested or sign him?

There was a lot of hype on Cam leading up to that game. Just won a Heisman, his stats were bonkers throughout the whole year, and it was 1 whole month of media coverage between the last game and the BCS title game with airtime they filled predominantly with Cam, not to mention the polarizing view people have on him. Combine all of that and you consider going 20/34 for 265 yards 2 TDs and 64 rushing yards as a "bad" game. I wish we had such poor performances from our QBs this past year! And I hope our QBs our that bad this year :hellyeah:

You forgot "While playing hurt".

Yeah and add that to the mix!

Boy, regardless if Jenkins case is dismissed, can you imagine the negative press, media (ESPN), and rival comments we will get blasted with if we even show we are seriously interested or sign him?

That'd be a whole lot better than enduring smack if none of our current QBs can get the job done. Miss St just let a guy walk for the same thing.

Yes... it will be a constant topic of conversation by our rivals and ever single sports talking head either covering our games or talking about them. It does, however, fit well with Gus's 2nd chance mentality. Sometimes I wonder if he's trying to prove that Auburn is the place where this kids go to straighten out their lives. Unfortunately, that's a hard sell when we have our share of Dyers, Dukes, and the Trailer Park 4.

Yeah and add that to the mix!

Of course, the same can be said about Jenkins. He played hurt the entire season. I imagine, by the championship game, his shoulder was in BAD shape.

I'm dismayed how many of our own fans forget how targeted, hammered and banged up Cam was over SEVERAL games late in the 2010 season, especially the SEC title game (from which Tre's yardage benefitted greatly).

I'm dismayed how many of our own fans forget how targeted, hammered and banged up Cam was over SEVERAL games late in the 2010 season, especially the SEC title game (from which Tre's yardage benefitted greatly).

2010 season.... Tre's yardage......

Yeah, you'd think the accolades Jenkins received for his full season of work would factor more heavily into folks' assessments of him. Actually, never mind. Shallow, fly by analysis will always be a thing.

being over him does not discount what he could accomplish. It just made me not so enthused over the possibility of him wearing orange and blue. The domestic violence arrest didn't hurt either. I don't think he will be here anyway. Hell I didn't want a computer thief or a debit card thief either but I came around. I am suspicious of this inside info anyway.

2010 season.... Tre's yardage......

count me as dismayed too.

Here's what'll happen IMO

If he comes to AU, we hear it from all rivals, media outlets, and talking heads. Puts AU in a bad light.

However, every single AU fan will treat him with the same love Nick Marshall and Cam Newton got once (if) they (he) started winning at AU. Yes, even those that don't want him here because of his behavior will come around.

If he comes to AU, we hear it from all rivals, media outlets, and talking heads. Puts AU in a bad light.

However, every single AU fan will treat him with the same love Nick Marshall and Cam Newton got once (if) they (he) started winning at AU. Yes, even those that don't want him here because of his behavior will come around.

Yes, i have done it twice already.

Me too ;D

I used to bang the high horse drum of not taking on kids who need a 2nd chance but then when we have ****** seasons I'm like I'LL TAKE LITERALLY ANYONE AT QB RIGHT NOW IF THEY CAN SCORE TOUCHDOWNS lolol

Me too ;D

I used to bang the high horse drum of not taking on kids who need a 2nd chance but then when we have ****** seasons I'm like I'LL TAKE LITERALLY ANYONE AT QB RIGHT NOW IF THEY CAN SCORE TOUCHDOWNS lolol

Of course, the unfortunate difference here is timing. Because of all of the talk about domestic violence and athletes, right now, if they can't show that it was really a non-issue, the backlash could be huge and not just from outside of Auburn.

Right, that makes a big difference. And I used to treat all crimes equally -- I've started to put some logic behind my thought (some might disagree lol) and look at things as a case by case thing. In this case, the domestic violence thing is a huge red flag and I'm not really in favor of bringing that press on board. But we will all forget by October about it if he puts up stats and makes the offense chug right along. If this happens it will mean he was cleared of his charges but the media and rivals will still bring it up.

Me too ;D

Of course, the unfortunate difference here is timing. Because of all of the talk about domestic violence and athletes, right now, if they can't show that it was really a non-issue, the backlash could be huge and not just from outside of Auburn.

Bottom Line.....If we take kids that have been kicked off of other teams for theft/rules/academic violations, been arrested, convicted or accused of theft, drugs, domestic violence then it is OK because our coaches are only looking out for the best interest of the individual. War Eagle that. :-\

Me too ;D

Bottom Line.....If we take kids that have been kicked off of other teams for theft/rules/academic violations, been arrested, convicted or accused of theft, drugs, domestic violence then it is OK because our coaches are only looking out for the best interest of the individual. War Eagle that. :-\

There's that too

Archived