Jax State QB

tmjiv

LOL at people who keep saying "We already have 5 QBs". Do y'all think we can add them all together and make 1 really good quarterback? Is that why you keep saying that?

I must admit, having Voltron under center would be pretty dope.

Like a Voltron QB!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean White is the man. I think bringing in a guy like Jenkins could divide the team. JMO.

Players care about winning. If the kid comes in ( I don't think we will get him, nor do I think he is the x-factor) and performs, I doubt there will be a mutiny on our hands. It only works that way on TV and message boards.

80, very valid points and research. I appreciate it. That said, I was personally told during his recruitment by one of the coaches that the O coaches were blown away by SW and

considered him 1b to Watson's 1A. I can't back it up with anything concrete...Just passing on other info.

Don't doubt one bit you were told that. I look at it this way, if the first 2 girls I ask to prom turn me down and number 3 says yes, you better believe I am telling everyone that is who I really wanted to go with and she is BEEE U TI FUL.

Here it is Tuesday night and the Monday morning Quite Bs are still up telling us how smart they are.......when looking backwards.

that reminds me back about 20 years ago I was gambling a lot. Never got in any trouble, I held my own for a long time, but over time that juice outruns you and I realized my winning was not as fun as losing was stressful. So I quit and have been dead even ever since. Anyway I bet basketball seven days a week. No internet, all my info was from USA Today. There was an ad for a tip service for 5 free picks. I figured I would call and see how good they were since they were free. The way that works is you call and leave your phone number on a recording and a trained salesman with a heavy NY Italian accent whose name was Tony Maronee calls me back. He never offered any free picks.. I was young and single. Didn't have anything better to do than sit in my apartment and argue sports with a guy who thinks he is Nostradamus. I enjoyed it so I never hung up on him, when he finally figured out I was not going to pay him he quit calling. But most of his sales pitch involved telling me how well he did the previous day. I think the last time I talked to him I told him he was awesome picking games that had already been played. Lol

80, very valid points and research. I appreciate it. That said, I was personally told during his recruitment by one of the coaches that the O coaches were blown away by SW and

considered him 1b to Watson's 1A. I can't back it up with anything concrete...Just passing on other info.

Don't doubt one bit you were told that. I look at it this way, if the first 2 girls I ask to prom turn me down and number 3 says yes, you better believe I am telling everyone that is who I really wanted to go with and she is BEEE U TI FUL.

Pretty much, I've never seen a guy who got a scholarship that the coaches said he's not that good but we gave him a scholly anyway

Okay I'm lost from all the banter, has Eli Jenkins recently been offered a scholarship to Auburn? What's all the fuss?

FCS playoffs with no week(s) off between games. The kid was playing hurt (recovering from surgery now). NDST has been a juggernaut for years with a championship mindset. They whipped a JSU team whose QB had one hand literally tied behind his back. Against AU, I saw an unflappable NM type QB almost beat an SEC D1 team in front of a hostile 80K plus crowd on the road. Put the ball on the money time and time again. In some cases when there was decent coverage. Poise and leadership. When he was healthy, JSU was explosive, even in the playoffs. 5 QBs on scholly? I know conventional wisdom says all players should be recruited from HS and groomed for 2 to 3 years and that's how it's supposed to be done. However, this also means limiting your options or being stuck with what you have, if they don't develop fast enough or pan out. This whole grad transfer process is a relatively new thing. Every team is doing it now. To me, it's another way for Auburn to plug a hole or shore up depth. And if Auburn becomes a destination for good players with starting experience, I'm all for it. From what I've read, the charges will likely be dropped (meaning he didn't beat her). There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty. Bring him in. I'm happy the coaches are always looking for better players. It shows some creativity and I like it.

Okay I'm lost from all the banter, has Eli Jenkins recently been offered a scholarship to Auburn? What's all the fuss?

No, Auburn has not offered him a scholarship. Even if Auburn is interested (an unknown at this time), he cannot be offered until after he graduates next month.

No, Auburn has not offered him a scholarship. Even if Auburn is interested (an unknown at this time), he cannot be offered until after he graduates next month.

if discussions have taken place as some have suggested we may be in violation of baca rules anyway. I think this is speculation and wishful thinking at best. That is what I speculate. It kinda reminds me of the talk that Roc Thomas would transfer out after last season. That was supposed to have been inevidible when Gus shot it down as ridiculous.

FCS playoffs with no week(s) off between games. The kid was playing hurt (recovering from surgery now). NDST has been a juggernaut for years with a championship mindset. They whipped a JSU team whose QB had one hand literally tied behind his back. Against AU, I saw an unflappable NM type QB almost beat an SEC D1 team in front of a hostile 80K plus crowd on the road. Put the ball on the money time and time again. In some cases when there was decent coverage. Poise and leadership. When he was healthy, JSU was explosive, even in the playoffs. 5 QBs on scholly? I know conventional wisdom says all players should be recruited from HS and groomed for 2 to 3 years and that's how it's supposed to be done. However, this also means limiting your options or being stuck with what you have, if they don't develop fast enough or pan out. This whole grad transfer process is a relatively new thing. Every team is doing it now. To me, it's another way for Auburn to plug a hole or shore up depth. And if Auburn becomes a destination for good players with starting experience, I'm all for it. From what I've read, the charges will likely be dropped (meaning he didn't beat her). There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty. Bring him in. I'm happy the coaches are always looking for better players. It shows some creativity and I like it.

What does a 3rd degree domestic violence charge cover? Is it something as trivial as verbal abuse (using profanity in anger) or property damage (putting your fist through a wall)? Or does it cover actual physical contact of some sort (pushing/hitting/shoving/choking)?

The judge chose to put the case on hold, gave EJ a set of requirements (counseling, stay out of trouble, stay in school etc.) that had to be met. If those specific requirements are met then the judge "may" choose to dismiss the case in early June. That doesn't necessarily mean he didn't beat her. It just means the judge felt like his set of requirements had been met by EJ within the judges time frame and the judge chose to let it go..... or not.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/6/7/13A-6-132

(a) A person commits domestic violence in the third degree if the person commits the crime of assault in the third degree pursuant to Section 13A-6-22; the crime of menacing pursuant to Section 13A-6-23; the crime of reckless endangerment pursuant to Section 13A-6-24; the crime of criminal coercion pursuant to Section 13A-6-25; or the crime of harassment pursuant to subsection (a) of Section 13A-11-8; and the victim is a current or former spouse, parent, child, any person with whom the defendant has a child in common, a present or former household member, or a person who has or had a dating or engagement relationship with the defendant. Domestic violence in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor, except the defendant shall serve a minimum term of imprisonment of 48 hours in a city or county jail or detention facility without consideration of reduction in time for any second or subsequent conviction under this subsection.

(b)/> The minimum term of imprisonment imposed under subsection (a) shall be double without consideration of reduction in time if a defendant willfully violates a protection order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction and in the process of violating the order commits domestic violence in the third degree.

- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/13A/6/7/13A-6-132#sthash.t9F83lpd.dpuf

To take that a step further, i looked up those "sections"... It covers everything from the victim feeling like she was "in danger" of being hit but not actually being touched all the way to physically assaulting her intentionally.

To take that a step further, i looked up those "sections"... It covers everything from the victim feeling like she was "in danger" of being hit but not actually being touched all the way to physically assaulting her intentionally.

That was the next post- too much to post though. Good synopsis :)

Thought he graduated Friday? Gus would be insane not to offer him. PleaseElipleeeeease...

Correct. Legally speaking, al

Correct. Legally speaking, all it takes to "assault" someone is to threaten bodily harm with the ability to carry it out. So that would mean, if I stuck my first up in the air and said I was going to beat the crap out of you, that would rise to the level of assault. You really need to look at the police report and witness statements to really figure out what the actual facts were. What do the SEC transfer rules say? Does it also include assault or is battery required? Just curious.

Unreal....I have to give you credit for obviously wanting to believe with such passion. Two things spring immediately to mind. First, I'll be very surprised to see Eli Jenkins enroll at Auburn and 2nd, even if he does, I'll be shocked beyond description to see him win the starting job. Sorry but, he is not only no NM, he isn't even in the same league. The sad truth is, almost every team we beat last year would have beaten Auburn that day. The obvious exception is JSU.

Unreal....I have to give you credit for obviously wanting to believe with such passion. Two things spring immediately to mind. First, I'll be very surprised to see Eli Jenkins enroll at Auburn and 2nd, even if he does, I'll be shocked beyond description to see him win the starting job. Sorry but, he is not only no NM, he isn't even in the same league.

Technically if he enrolls he would be in the same league ;)

Unreal....I have to give you credit for obviously wanting to believe with such passion. Two things spring immediately to mind. First, I'll be very surprised to see Eli Jenkins enroll at Auburn and 2nd, even if he does, I'll be shocked beyond description to see him win the starting job. Sorry but, he is not only no NM, he isn't even in the same league.

He'd become a safety in the NFL?

Correct. Legally speaking, all it takes to "assault" someone is to threaten bodily harm with the ability to carry it out. So that would mean, if I stuck my first up in the air and said I was going to beat the crap out of you, that would rise to the level of assault. You really need to look at the police report and witness statements to really figure out what the actual facts were. What do the SEC transfer rules say? Does it also include assault or is battery required? Just curious.

Physical harm is required under third degree assault in the Alabama criminal code. If we are talking about the tort of assault, then apprehension would come into play. In this case, there would have to be physical harm to the victim.

Physical harm is required under third degree assault in the Alabama criminal code. If we are talking about the tort of assault, then apprehension would come into play. In this case, there would have to be physical harm to the victim.

Just saw that. Didn't realize that's what he was charged with. Assuming that happened, I don't see how he transfers to Auburn given the SEC's transfer rules prohibiting players with domestic violence from transferring to SEC schools.

Just saw that. Didn't realize that's what he was charged with. Assuming that happened, I don't see how he transfers to Auburn given the SEC's transfer rules prohibiting players with domestic violence from transferring to SEC schools.

He wasn't charged with third degree assault, he was charged with third degree domestic violence. At this point no one knows what happened. I'm sure the coaches will have a clear picture though.

I doubt he has that skill set. Just goes to show what an elite athlete NM really is......Eli Jenkins is not comparable to NM for a host of reasons.

I doubt he has that skill set. Just goes to show what an elite athlete NM really is......Eli Jenkins is not comparable to NM for a host of reasons.

Easy to s

Easy to say that now. We forget that when NM came in, no one really expected he would have the success he had.

Archived