Laremy Tunsil - Ole Miss violations

Barnacle

I'm not going to make this thread about Laremy's tweet tonight. It was him. He didn't post it. That's that and I'm sure it belongs in another forum.

However, Laremy's instagram was also hacked tonight. Screen shots of an apparent conversation between he and a "coach" were posted. The contents of that conversation revolve around paying Laremy's rent and his mother's bills. Who knows if this is information that the NCAA is already aware of, however because it implicates coaches, it might not be. I'll go ahead and say that I'm an Ole Miss guy, so my posts will be clearly biased in favor of Ole Miss. That being said, if these are real, this isn't good.

And, in case any of you are wondering, I'm not "Barney", and rumors have it that Leremy's step-dad, who is now divorced from his mom, and who just sued Laremy two days ago is behind this.

tunsil-ig-2.jpg?w=1000

tunsil-ig-1.jpg?w=1000

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pic from his account is also out there that shows him smoking from a gas mask weed bong......He's had a really good day.

Right, I mentioned that. He has already owned up to it.

John Miller is the Assistant Athletic Director for Football Operations. http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/miller_john00.html

Tunsil just denied an exchange of money between him and his coach. Then, asked again, said it happened. Then interrupted, ushered off stage. - Joan Niessen

Was going for the whiskey bottle after the Texans botched another first round pick, but now I substituted it for Coke and popcorn to follow this saga. :popcorn:

This will be an interesting one to follow. Any time anything like this comes up, I'm reminded that it can happen to any school, any time. No one is immune. Now that Tunsil has already admitted to this, there's no telling what else might come out.

guess this kinda explains that great recruiting at Ole Miss....well all of a sudden they got really good at it...

Well, I think it was a combination of things, but yes, Ole Miss realized if they were going to compete with the big dogs, they needed to start spending like the big dogs.

I forwarded those to compliance@olemiss.edu

Y'all should follow suit. :cool:

I forwarded those to compliance@olemiss.edu

Y'all should follow suit. :cool:/>

Maybe the ncaa?

Just following coach Freeze's advice

877625fa43e04e759ffdb9ea0f4168ca.jpg

Didn't they already investigate Tunsil? Or was that the kimchi brothers?

They already investigated Tunsil. What's unclear is whether or not those text messages were a part of the investigation. When Tunsil was answering questions, he was acting like it was old news "I made mistakes in the past, etc." I think its very possible that when Tunsil said he took money from coaches, that he was referring to the impermissible benefits that he was suspended for. We'll see what happens. I'm sure the University will make some sort of public statement.

What a tangled web we weave........it may indeed be true that the NCAA investigation is STILL going on at OM.

This is not good for a program that's about to submit their official response to the NCAAs NOA.

The most damning thing: "I thought we agreed on an amount". Wow. That could conceivably go all the way back to his recruitment.

NCAA is going to go TCU on them.

That was a heck of a recruiting class Ole Miss got. Tunsil got money, what about Treadwell, and Robert N. More recently, what about Patterson, and Bridges, etc..

Only Ole Miss can turn what should have been a celebratory story about having 3 first round draft picks into this kinda of a cluster.

The most damning thing: "I thought we agreed on an amount". Wow. That could conceivably go all the way back to his recruitment.

NCAA is going to go TCU on them.

I think you mean "SMU."

Archived