Tim Irvin

RunInRed

Let me guess, we don't want him or we don't need him right?

Losing the depth hurts. No doubt. But some seem to think we just lost an irreplaceable piece of the offensive puzzle.

I was just thinking that I'd like to hear your take on it.

I was talking about Irvin but yeah I'll give you my opinion. On which guy?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me guess, we don't want him or we don't need him right?

you are trying to start a fight aren't you.

No that's me predicting what will be said and as I read through this I'm right....lately you've been pretty lame. But if you want to argue I'll give it to you

Wow

SMH

All the chatter about him being unhappy last year, and JR/KJ have basically sealed up the job for this upcoming season, are you all that surprised?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. It's been a rumor for a long time. I know he feels personally he's an every down back but he's just not IMO. However, i do feel like if we would've used him a lot more last year with getting him the ball any way we could he'd soften up to the idea to his new role b/c he'd know he was going to get his share of touches. He's deadly in open space and it is beyond me why we didn't have him involved in more screen passes, short pass and reverses; just simply move him around the field a lot. Could've help alleviate some of the QB issues. In a way if feel we helped seal the deal with him leaving. If that's the case of course.

Roster management is an area where Gus is still in the learning phase.

Agree. Good talent to lose but i think Truitt or Ryan Davis could be options if we do lose Roc for that role. I know it was designed mostly for Roc but i'd still like to see that element in the offense b/c we have several speed guys that can really work the field when given space.

roc can motion out of the backfield and be a legit wr or line up wide motion in and be a all around rb. No one else has that.

He doesn't want to do that though. He wants to be RB1.

Agree. He's just not a RB1.

he is an injury away from a RB1. Will get touches on ESPN or cbs every week. At Jax st he will get what two games on tv. Till playoffs..no way it adds up for him.

Seems more like 2 or 3 injuries away. Remember RB 1 means a good number of between the tackles touches.

if jovon goes down it is between Roc and KJ. Roc while smaller could be better inside like Tre was or Caddilac was better inside than Ronnie. We haven't seen enough of him to really know. He seems to be giving up something good way too early.

How come (most of) the back ups at other schools are ok with alternating snaps.

Also, I'm betting that JR gets in trouble sometime this summer. Just a hunch. I think Gus is seeing the writing on the wall at this point--it's honestly what I think.

Interesting you say that...We have a QB that needs to stay away from the pill popping and party scene. My fingers stay crossed that we are done with the off-the-field "issues", but summer has only just begun.

Also, I'm betting that JR gets in trouble sometime this summer. Just a hunch. I think Gus is seeing the writing on the wall at this point--it's honestly what I think.

Interesting you say that...We have a QB that needs to stay away from the pill popping and party scene. My fingers stay crossed that we are done with the off-the-field "issues", but summer has only just begun.

Went back find his original comment about JR getting in trouble. Appears he deleted it.

I was genuinely curious why he believed that, then I considered the doom and gloom world that he lives in.

Who's a pill popping qb? I'm confused

WDE has said that SW likes to party, but not to what extent.

Rumors are that it's Sean White that likes to party but this is the first I've heard of pills.

I've never heard that. I'm not going to believe random rumors. I really hope he doesn't pop pills and drink alcohol

Wow

SMH

All the chatter about him being unhappy last year, and JR/KJ have basically sealed up the job for this upcoming season, are you all that surprised?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. It's been a rumor for a long time. I know he feels personally he's an every down back but he's just not IMO. However, i do feel like if we would've used him a lot more last year with getting him the ball any way we could he'd soften up to the idea to his new role b/c he'd know he was going to get his share of touches. He's deadly in open space and it is beyond me why we didn't have him involved in more screen passes, short pass and reverses; just simply move him around the field a lot. Could've help alleviate some of the QB issues. In a way if feel we helped seal the deal with him leaving. If that's the case of course.

Agree. Good talent to lose but i think Truitt or Ryan Davis could be options if we do lose Roc for that role. I know it was designed mostly for Roc but i'd still like to see that element in the offense b/c we have several speed guys that can really work the field when given space.

roc can motion out of the backfield and be a legit wr or line up wide motion in and be a all around rb. No one else has that.

Agree. He's just not a RB1.

he is an injury away from a RB1. Will get touches on ESPN or cbs every week. At Jax st he will get what two games on tv. Till playoffs..no way it adds up for him.

Seems more like 2 or 3 injuries away. Remember RB 1 means a good number of between the tackles touches.

if jovon goes down it is between Roc and KJ. Roc while smaller could be better inside like Tre was or Caddilac was better inside than Ronnie. We haven't seen enough of him to really know. He seems to be giving up something good way too early.

KJ is in front now too barring injury.

Wow

SMH

That's it pretty simple

Stop now with dumb ass rumors about players. Good grief frickin unbelievable. I will lock it in a heart beat.

Roc fumbled on his first touch against bammer in 2014.

Bye.

Better duck. Pie is incoming .

Roc fumbled on his first touch against bammer in 2014.

Bye.

Better duck. Pie is incoming .

That's what makes message boards fun

Shoulda left him standing upright.

The forums ignore list capacity needs to be bigger than 2 pages....update please, guys......

I doubt most have reached 1 full page. I know I haven't.

Archived