***2016 4* RB Kameron "Kam" Martin commits to AU!!!

auburnphan

Nice get. Looks like a little bit taller Darren Sproles out there in his film. Do you feel if this will have any impact on our current RB recruiting?

Na. I think AU still takes 2-3 in 2017.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming we should expect him to get PT early? He is a very good looking back.

He will definitely have the opportunity.

I'm assuming we should expect him to get PT early? He is a very good looking back.

Probably him, Truitt and Ryan Davis and/or Jason Smith competing for the same reps?

(I really do wonder if Smith is going to become our deep threat guy. Had trouble connecting last season but it seems he got more looks on deep balls than anybody else. And he's crazy fast.)

Probably him, Truitt and Ryan Davis and/or Jason Smith competing for the same reps?

For the slot part of his role, possibly. For the change of pace back, aka OMac/Corey, part of his role if we use it more as Gus has in different parts of his past, no. Kam is it there....unless KJ has maintained his ability to do that with his added 16 lbs.

glad everyone seems to be so excited as i am to have this young man at auburn. now here is the dicey part. his recruiter was rhett so do you guys give him any love or props?

For the slot part of his role, possibly. For the change of pace back, aka OMac/Corey, part of his role if we use it more as Gus has in different parts of his past, no. Kam is it there....unless KJ has maintained his ability to do that with his added 16 lbs.

Gotcha. Seemed like maybe Ricardo played both roles last season, but there might be differences I'm not taking into account.

I think KJ will lose any speed at all, but he'll be needed at wildcat and RB plenty, so I doubt he'll spend quite as much time in that offset slot/speed area.

glad everyone seems to be so excited as i am to have this young man at auburn. now here is the dicey part. his recruiter was rhett so do you guys give him any love or props?

Not unless Rhett had a part in the downfall of Baylor. :)

The biggest thing about that role is making sure it is not predictable unless you are setting something up later. What made Omac so good in that role was the cut and go. Once he made the cut up field, he was gone! The LSU play is the perfect example of that. Sometimes his cut would not be clean enough as he always looked like he outran himself, haha. After the 2010 season, the play has been mostly ineffective. Not sure if it has been personnel, predictability, the defense catching up or a combo of the 3. With Kam able to make good cuts without having to get to the edge, it may make that play lethal again. KJ looked better in it as well.

OMac was the perfect compliment to Cam's abusive running b/w the tackles. The perimeter was so wide open and free.

Isn't that JJ's number?

Thought I might see him in #9......I think that's available on the offensive side at the moment....

OMac was the perfect compliment to Cam's abusive running b/w the tackles. The perimeter was so wide open and free.

Definitely. Cam eating up yards up the middle opened up tons of things for O-Mac on the outside

Isn't that JJ's number?

Thought I might see him in #9......I think that's available on the offensive side at the moment....

I think JJ switched to #1 this season. In honor of Duke Williams!

Kidding about my 2nd sentence. But I do think he switched to #1 for this season.

Assuming he's available to play this year, you could make a sweet wildcat/option formation of JF3, JR and Kam.

Isn't that JJ's number?

Kidding about my 2nd sentence. But I do think he switched to #1 for this season.

Where did you here this? He's still #6 on the updated roster that just came out.

Of course not. You are forbidden to make any positive mention of Lashlee at all. If you do the Cool Kids will kick you out of their tree house.

Of course not. You are forbidden to make any positive mention of Lashlee at all. If you do the Cool Kids will kick you out of their tree house.

Oh, Mikey...

Rhett was already getting some well earned love for the Gatewood commitment. He'll get a lot more if it sticks for another year and a half. But if our offense sucks again- without all the personnel problems that were very valid in 2015- then, no, our offensive coordinator won't get much love.

Isn't that JJ's number?

Where did you here this? He's still #6 on the updated roster that just came out.

Not sure where, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was changing his number to honor a high school teammate

Isn't that JJ's number?

Not sure where, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was changing his number to honor a high school teammate

Found it. Link

Isn't that JJ's number?

Found it. Link

As noted however , apparently he has not changed his number yet.

I looked at the roster before I posted my comment and JJ was still listed with number six . Not that it matters much, I was mostly making a joke about the departure of Roc and the number 9 he left behind... And the opportunity for Kam to move into that position.

So how would you guys feel about this hypothetical situation...Rhett leaves Auburn after this season, and Briles is hired as co-offensive coordinator/ qb coach. He will coach again and soon, but a high profile or head coaching position at all is unlikely to present itself for a while. I believe he definitely messed up, but I don't believe he condoned the behaviors of the perpetrators on his team, and I believe the real enablers were his bosses? Anybody think this would be a good thing for Auburn?

So how would you guys feel about this hypothetical situation...Rhett leaves Auburn after this season, and Briles is hired as co-offensive coordinator/ qb coach. He will coach again and soon, but a high profile or head coaching position at all is unlikely to present itself for a while. I believe he definitely messed up, but I don't believe he condoned the behaviors of the perpetrators on his team, and I believe the real enablers were his bosses? Anybody think this would be a good thing for Auburn?

And then you woke up from your dream/nightmare...just don't think it's a good idea and the publicity would be awful. What message would AU be sending to its female students and their parents? Briles has been successful but not BCS championship level successful. He is not worth the risk.

You and I have extremely different reads on that situation. That guy is a scumbag IMO and I would never consider sending my daughter to a school where he is employed.

As for strictly football, he has a very distinct offensive philosophy that is different than Gus's. You normally don't put two guys like that together. Briles's next job will likely be working for a more defensive minded coach.

Archived