JF3 posts a passing workout this morning

TitanTiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love his work ethic and think he has the skills to be a solid passer and a deadly runner. I look for good things to happen when JFIII is in the ball game. we can analyze this to death and find enough things that should keep him on the bench. However, his desire and work ethic will far exceed any short comings he may have. Let the young man play and make good things happen when the ball is in his hands.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man we need more JF3 highlights and less bickering I'd think 

I didn't notice because I have everybody in this thread on ignore. Well ok, except for you. 

;D

On July 13, 2016 at 8:57 PM, IronMan70 said:

These Hudl highlights from last year make you feel more comfortable with JF3's passing ability. He is a more accomplished passer than we might have realized as he shows several well thrown passes. Of course it also shows his running ability and his tremendous speed. The first 5+ minutes are all running plays, then it gets into his passing.

Coincidentally, there is even a pass play identical to that A-Day play which might indicate a planned back shoulder pass. It was definitely worth the watch, the kid has game. I had figured SW would have the advantage but now I'm thinking SW might have a fight on his hands.

Bump...for those asking about his highlights. This was last year if you haven't watched them. 

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I didn't notice because I have everybody in this thread on ignore. Well ok, except for you. 

;D

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

;D

You didn't miss out on much 

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I have a very long list of blocked people. There's just no point in me engaging certain people or having to wade through their crap to find insightful info or opinions, posts that show a modicum of humor or intelligence, or anything otherwise worthwhile to me. LOL at the notion that it makes me "weak minded", "simple" or "unable to handle those things".  Point in case, actually. Would have had no idea that had been said if it hadn't been quoted. Even a fly swatter can't always get them all. 

I don't watch reality television. It's not that "I can't handle it", it's that it's vapid, useless crap. I don't listen to bro country for the same reason. Don't mistake inanity for #hottakes. 

(Tiger, big fan yours, please don't fall into the "can't handle" trap!)

I find the majority of what is posted not insightful and vapid, useless crap (that includes certain Mods and insiders) but that is fine with me. I typically find a whole lot of fun in engaging with posters I disagree with.

wde

His highlights dont look bad, but theyre highlights. Theyre gonna show his accurate passes.

He does look fast and quick and looks like he has a strong arm, but he carries the ball way out. I see why Malzahn wanted to get him to Auburn. Should be an interesting fall

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

I find the majority of what is posted not insightful and vapid, useless crap (that includes certain Mods and insiders) but that is fine with me. I typically find a whole lot of fun in engaging with posters I disagree with.

wde

I do not have anyone on ignore, but I can understand those that do.  Once you have cracked your skull banging it against a wall, it probably makes sense to just remove the wall from your universe.

I don't have twitter so I can't share direct link, but one of the ESPN writers had a good point on one of his tweets.  

Auburn signed three ESPN 300 wide receivers (Nate Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis, Eli Stove) and coach Gus Malzahn expects them to have an immediate impact, which could impact his quarterback decision. "It's just a matter of how quick they grow up," Malzahn said, "because they're going to be thrown in the fire early. That's going to be a position, in the future, of great strength for us." - Adam Rittenburg

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was told yesterday that JF3 is still a work in progress with his passing. Guy telling me this thinks White will be the starter. 

Works for me.

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was told yesterday that JF3 is still a work in progress with his passing. Guy telling me this thinks White will be the starter. 

Sean starting makes me much more comfortable than JF3 with zero live experience at this level of play.  We're hitting the ground with Big Boy football in less than 6 weeks, I want a guy that's been in the fire leading the offense against the NC runner up team.  JF3 can get reps vs ArkyState in week 2, but Clemson is coming to play ball and we need experience on the field to handle them.

28 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I don't have twitter so I can't share direct link, but one of the ESPN writers had a good point on one of his tweets.  

Auburn signed three ESPN 300 wide receivers (Nate Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis, Eli Stove) and coach Gus Malzahn expects them to have an immediate impact, which could impact his quarterback decision. "It's just a matter of how quick they grow up," Malzahn said, "because they're going to be thrown in the fire early. That's going to be a position, in the future, of great strength for us." - Adam Rittenburg

Woo hoo!  Glad Gus decided to sign true WRs in this class.  IMO, these guys will be great given time and training.

The young WRs would have as easily been used as logic to go with jf and a run heavy attack. Gonna be interesting. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good info and I hope JF3 is pushing the heck out of SW. It will only make both of them better and the team gets a better QB. May the best man win. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WDE, sounds like solid info. Without divulging, is your "guy" in the football building every day; or work there, or on the field? Or is he is "someone" that has access to coaches (such as boosters etc).  Or are you the "guy"? Not asking to risk losing your contact, but if you could share anything that would be nice. And if you don't that's ok too. You have good info. 

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

The young WRs would have as easily been used as logic to go with jf and a run heavy attack. Gonna be interesting. 

I was thinking the opposite, but was taking the young part out of the equation.  Last year our WR core was mediocre at best.  I think these 3 guys will bring a good mix of the deep threat as well as possession type receivers.  If you're a receiver you can run routes and catch the ball in high school, its the things like blocking in Gus' offense that take time and experience to learn. I think RB and WR have the easiest transition into college/NFL, just my opinion though.  

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

^Well, we were playing freshmen HBs last year.

That's good and all but I doubt they take that big an improvement week one, especially against a front that talented. I would be interested in a QB that can take advantage of Clemson's almost new look secondary, so I'd like for a revived Jeremy or maybe Sean if he shows more mobility and Gus runs plays that don't involve deep deep throws that we've seen ran for Nick and Jeremy previously.

I do think in the case of an improved OL, Sean can get the ball to our way better receivers. I don't want to give off the vibe that I think he's some bum

^I mean, he's no <insert Heisman-caliber pro-style QB here> but he strikes me as better than what we had Chizik's last two years--you don't get named MVP of the Elite 11 for nothing.

I hope that even if we base the offense around SW that we can run a good dose of speed sweeps with JF3 and Kameron Martin.

If we are using a pocket QB, I would personally love to see a quick Air-Raid'esque attack.  I will not be holding my breath for that though.

Archived