JF3 posts a passing workout this morning

TitanTiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLoofus said:

Do tell?

If you don't feel like you are a weak minded individual, then why even find the need to respond? If blocking people is your way to seep through the nonsensical trolls then fine. However, there aren't very many people who are like that on this forum. There are definitely people on this forum who I vehemently disagree with, yet here and there, those same individuals do bring certain info to the table that I have to applaud. Still, even if I did disagree with them, it is never personal. If you have a long list of people, who you feel the need to block, then either you are taking this way too personal or you don't like a lot of difference of opinion.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have a very long list of blocked people. There's just no point in me engaging certain people or having to wade through their crap to find insightful info or opinions, posts that show a modicum of humor or intelligence, or anything otherwise worthwhile to me. LOL at the notion that it makes me "weak minded", "simple" or "unable to handle those things" (Tiger, big fan yours, please don't fall into the "can't handle" trap!).  Point in case, actually. Would have had no idea that had been said if it hadn't been quoted. Even a fly swatter can't always get them all. 

I don't watch reality television. It's not that "I can't handle it", it's that it's vapid, useless crap. I don't listen to bro country for the same reason. Don't mistake inanity for #hottakes. 

Second...

If something as unimportant in this world as a post on a message board annoys you, wastes your time, or does anything else that is less than adding something positive to your life, there's absolutely no reason to keep it around.  It's not like ignoring someone on a message board hurts them in any way. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have a very long list of blocked people. There's just no point in me engaging certain people or having to wade through their crap to find insightful info or opinions, posts that show a modicum of humor or intelligence, or anything otherwise worthwhile to me. LOL at the notion that it makes me "weak minded", "simple" or "unable to handle those things" (Tiger, big fan yours, please don't fall into the "can't handle" trap!).  Point in case, actually. Would have had no idea that had been said if it hadn't been quoted. Even a fly swatter can't always get them all. 

I don't watch reality television. It's not that "I can't handle it", it's that it's vapid, useless crap. I don't listen to bro country for the same reason. Don't mistake inanity for #hottakes. 

haha I hear you, man! I guess I would only consider blocking someone if they became seriously insulting or inappropriate. I had not really considered blocking people for the reasons you mentioned. Froggy is definitely a hyper-positive troll but if you didn't know that about him I don't think it's that dissimilar than what some other posters post on here. 

But I must admit, I do skip over a select few's post's when I recognize their avi before I even start reading their posts -- same concept I suppose without taking the initiative to clean up who's posts show up. I'm sure some people skip over mine as well though lol

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have a very long list of blocked people. There's just no point in me engaging certain people or having to wade through their crap to find insightful info or opinions, posts that show a modicum of humor or intelligence, or anything otherwise worthwhile to me. LOL at the notion that it makes me "weak minded", "simple" or "unable to handle those things".  Point in case, actually. Would have had no idea that had been said if it hadn't been quoted. Even a fly swatter can't always get them all. 

(Tiger, big fan yours, please don't fall into the "can't handle" trap!)

Directv allows you to create a custom list of channels, so when I'm channel surfing I can skip MTV, for instance. Point being, its a convenient way to get to the content that you want to see without having to wade through the content that you don't. 

Tiger, the fly swatter was just an analogy. I don't think it makes you a weak person for killing the fly buzzing around your ear anymore than blocking the flies around here. 

But good God, what are we even talking about!? ? Is it time for football or what?

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Directv allows you to create a custom list of channels, so when I'm channel surfing I can skip MTV, for instance. Point being, its a convenient way to get to the content that you want to see without having to wade through the content that you don't. 

Tiger, the fly swatter was just an analogy. I don't think it makes you a weak person for killing the fly buzzing around your ear anymore than blocking the flies around here. 

But good God, what are we even talking about!? ? Is it time for football or what?

True true, at the core of it I was just diving into my devil's advocate bag of thought, and in hindsight my view was only considering blocking for being truly offended -- which I now know wouldn't be the only reason to block certain people.

And, DAG, Mcloofus is one of the most rational and balanced posters on here and always lays his opinion out with reason and utilizes logic when discussing differences of opinion with other posters. I think you can gather that he's not weak or soft by the way he handles opposing viewpoints.

Just now, Tiger said:

True true, at the core of it I was just diving into my devil's advocate bag of thought, and in hindsight my view was only considering blocking for being truly offended -- which I now know wouldn't be the only reason to block certain people.

And, DAG, Mcloofus is one of the most rational and balanced posters on here and always lays his opinion out with reason and utilizes logic when discussing differences of opinion with other posters. I think you can gather that he's not weak or soft by the way he handles opposing viewpoints.

We think he's a righteous dude

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you don't feel like you are a weak minded individual, then why even find the need to respond? If blocking people is your way to seep through the nonsensical trolls then fine. However, there aren't very many people who are like that on this forum. There are definitely people on this forum who I vehemently disagree with, yet here and there, those same individuals do bring certain info to the table that I have to applaud. Still, even if I did disagree with them, it is never personal. If you have a long list of people, who you feel the need to block, then either you are taking this way too personal or you don't like a lot of difference of opinion.

1. Because people who I don't have blocked and who I consider worth having a conversation with, such as yourself, have a different opinion than I do. I'm fond of talking through disagreement with intelligent people. 
2. That's where we disagree. Big time. 
3. That's where we do agree. I disagree with Mikey and lionheartkc more than I agree with them, and yet they are some of my favorite people on this board and we engage each other all the time. Spend enough time around here and you're going to disagree with everybody at least once. 
4. That last part... see, that's where you're simply wrong. You're making bad assumptions about somebody you don't know much about at all and you're drawing false conclusions by oversimplifying things. That's exactly the kind of limited perspective I struggle with. I have taken things personally on here a few times, absolutely. But as you said, if the person who pisses me off is bringing something to the table, then I'll see it through. 

Subsequent posts have made my point better than I did. No shocker there. For me, BlueFrogg's near constant "JF3 is our starter" posts are useless and so vastly outweigh anything else he brings to the table that I'm just going to play the odds and assume that his next post is not going to be useful to me, either. It's not personal. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy having a beer with BlueFrogg and several other people on my ignore list. But good personalities don't translate to every platform. No biggie. 

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Why would any anonymous, inconsequential fan boy message board poster want to block an anonymous, inconsequential fan boy message board poster he/she/it disagreed with.  Are some so weak minded and simple not be able to handle these things.

wde

HA, I'm not weak minded or simple but who could tell what any of us are from a forum. I have no use for certain repeated, tiresome fan boy TROLLING BS regarding JFIII. I come to the forums to pick through (mostly) insightful information/discussion about Auburn football. Stat, E, WDE, Bird- just to name a few- give that. Others... Opinions that I don't have interest in. JMHO. 

1. Because people who I don't have blocked and who I consider worth having a conversation with, such as yourself, have a different opinion than I do. I'm fond of talking through disagreement with intelligent people. 
2. That's where we disagree. Big time. 
3. That's where we do agree. I disagree with Mikey and lionheartkc more than I agree with them, and yet they are some of my favorite people on this board and we engage each other all the time. Spend enough time around here and you're going to disagree with everybody at least once. 
4. That last part... see, that's where you're simply wrong. You're making bad assumptions about somebody you don't know much about at all and you're drawing false conclusions by oversimplifying things. That's exactly the kind of limited perspective I struggle with. I have taken things personally on here a few times, absolutely. But as you said, if the person who pisses me off is bringing something to the table, then I'll see it through. 

Subsequent posts have made my point better than I did. No shocker there. For me, BlueFrogg's near constant "JF3 is our starter" posts are useless and so vastly outweigh anything else he brings to the table that I'm just going to play the odds and assume that his next post is not going to be useful to me, either. It's not personal. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy having a beer with BlueFrogg and several other people on my ignore list. But good personalities don't translate to every platform. No biggie. 

Fair enough.

^Also, the irony in that quoted post is just a little bit thick, isn't it? 

Edit: Was referring to AUIH1's post that introduce the "weak minded" and "can't handle" stuff into the conversation.

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But I must admit, I do skip over a select few's post's when I recognize their avi before I even start reading their posts -- same concept I suppose without taking the initiative to clean up who's posts show up.

Exactly. That's all it is. 

I'm sure some people skip over mine as well though lol

Just say a name, I'll take care of it. ;)

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

HA, I'm not weak minded or simple but who could tell what any of us are from a forum. I have no use for certain repeated, tiresome fan boy TROLLING BS regarding JFIII. I come to the forums to pick through (mostly) insightful information/discussion about Auburn football. Stat, E, WDE, Bird- just to name a few- give that. Others... Opinions that I don't have interest in. JMHO. 

Fair enough.  I have found that on this board, ITAT, and other Auburn boards that some of the posters I disagree with (primarily because I don't want initially to acknowledge anything negative about the football program) over the years have delivered more legit real time info than the insiders (who may be bound by restrictions of their role on a certain message board).  Stat's info is amazing in terms of straight "stats".  E reads the premium info of other message boards (especially regarding recruiting and reports what he reads).  WDE gives controversial info at times and I appreciate that even when he is wrong.  Passthebiscuits is legit too.

wde

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We think he's a righteous dude

You GUYS...

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I currently have one poster blocked.  It's no big deal, I've just never really liked frogs.

I have no problem with Mcloofus, Lionheart, mikey, johnny,etc. I was just surprised Mcloofus would even respond to the original notion of such. Personally, I don't think the guy is weak-minded. I did think him responding to that post showed some weakness because he felt convicted enough to believe that it was directed towards him. He took the bait, which surprised me. Personally, I don't block people, although I can see why people would block someone whose objective is to elicit unwarranted responses. I do feel that there is maybe 1 or 2 people who are like this. I can be abrasive at times, but if someone PMs me or at least call me out on it, I do eat my pride and show empathy (It has happened from time to time). Still, even in his response, we could agree to disagree and move on. 

46 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

45 days. I'm looking forward to getting to 30 because that's when I get to start sending my wife daily emails to get her ready for the season. When I was first indoctrinating her, they would include things like battle cry vs. mascot, Toomer's Corner, past greats, etc. Now I can just focus on the current roster, possible impact freshmen, position battles, the schedule, etc. 

Will be interesting to see in what form JFIII lands in her inbox. #fullcircle

45 days. I'm looking forward to getting to 30 because that's when I get to start sending my wife daily emails to get her ready for the season. When I was first indoctrinating her, they would include things like battle cry vs. mascot, Toomer's Corner, past greats, etc. Now I can just focus on the current roster, possible impact freshmen, position battles, the schedule, etc. 

This is unbelievable. You might be a genius. Might be. I guess she didn't attend Auburn?

Just now, Barnacle said:

This is unbelievable. You might be a genius. Might be. I guess she didn't attend Auburn?

Nope. UNC Greensboro and then UNO for grad school, so no college football affiliation. Grew up in CT so a Patriots fan first and foremost. I never had an NFL team until I moved to Atlanta, and I'd only been here 4 years before we got serious... so Auburn is our college team, the Patriots are our AFC team, the Falcons are our NFC team and we're just going to hope that they never meet in the SB. Of course, as long as Cam's at Carolina, the Birds might not have to worry about that...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

BlueFrogg's near constant "JF3 is our starter" posts are useless and so vastly outweigh anything else he brings to the table

I'm pretty positive BlueFrogg is an unholy reincarnation of the recently departed Max Weezy. Oh... and I agree.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Impressive.  I have my wife (a claimed Nebraska fan who's 3 degrees are from schools that don't know what a football looks like) wearing Orange and Blue on football Saturdays, and attending the random game/game party with me, but I'm far from getting her to actually care about Auburn football.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm pretty positive BlueFrogg is an unholy reincarnation of the recently departed Max Weezy. Oh... and I agree.

Very similar MO... Good call

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Impressive.  I have my wife (a claimed Nebraska fan who's 3 degrees are from schools that don't know what a football looks like) wearing Orange and Blue on football Saturdays, and attending the random game/game party with me, but I'm far from getting her to actually care about Auburn football.

At least 3 of the last 5 seasons only made one of you miserable!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

At least 3 of the last 5 seasons only made one of you miserable!

Note I said "claimed" Nebraska fan.  It's a family thing... 7 out of 10 times if you ask her how they did that weekend, she couldn't tell you :)  She's pretty unaffected by football season... except for last years Arkansas game.  We were in the stands and she was done by about OT #2.

Archived