2017 4* PF Garrison Brooks (Miss St Signee)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GB will announce soon after the early signing period starts (Nov 9)

Could be AU, UGA, or MSU. I doubt it'll happen but can't forget about UNC. Also LSU just offered and if he visits they could be a big factor. 

I can't find any free online source with a confident sense of where he's going.  Someone made a case for why it would be UGA, since they had been on him for a long time and it would be a "neutral" destination in regards to his mom and dad.  He's been planning to commit in this time period for a while, so I don't think the recent LSU offer is relevant.

2 hours ago, AUmarmot said:

I can't find any free online source with a confident sense of where he's going.  Someone made a case for why it would be UGA, since they had been on him for a long time and it would be a "neutral" destination in regards to his mom and dad.  He's been planning to commit in this time period for a while, so I don't think the recent LSU offer is relevant.

Yeah it's been sort of all over the place these past few weeks. I could see LSU becoming a factor IF he visits. Don't see why they would offer two weeks before his    commitment if they didn't think they had a chance. We will know soon enough 

13 hours ago, AUmarmot said:

Nobody free or behind up a wall really knows what he will do right now.

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Mom wants him at AU. 

And always has. Word is he wanted to get away from Auburn at one point though. I'm not sure if that was because he wasn't an Auburn take before his great summer camp circuit or what but that's the word.

Brooks will likely sign with North Carolina next week if they give him a committable offer while he is there on an official visit this weekend. if this happens Auburn will likely wait until the rregular signing period In April to sign a 4th player in this class.

Trend seems to be UNC but I have my fingers crossed and hope that his Mom influences him and he comes to Auburn.

I find it a touch strange that a kid would have "an announcement" ... is this an attention kind of announcement? ... the day after THIS presidential election.  

Maybe (I hope) he is the, I don't want lots of attention but I know tons of people are interested so I will do a low keyish overshadowed that includes my coach school and family because they helped me along the way cause it's the classy thing to do kind of announcement?

cuz if he wants attention, he might want to consider there is this other thing going on ...

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I find it a touch strange that a kid would have "an announcement" ... is this an attention kind of announcement? ... the day after THIS presidential election.  

Maybe (I hope) he is the, I don't want lots of attention but I know tons of people are interested so I will do a low keyish overshadowed that includes my coach school and family because they helped me along the way cause it's the classy thing to do kind of announcement?

cuz if he wants attention, he might want to consider there is this other thing going on ...

He is having his announcement on the first day that early signing period starts. What's the big deal? 

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

it's the first day in the early signing period basketball players can sign with their schools. If he's ready why would he not announce it?

ETA: What Jeff said.

I wouldn't get to worried about losing brooks. We never were going to get him. If he wasn't going to UNC he would be going to Miss St. He is a good player but I will never worry about recruiting with Bruce and Chuck around.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

it's the first day in the early signing period basketball players can sign with their schools. If he's ready why would he not announce it?

ETA: What Jeff said.

Sometimes the simple answer is the right answer!

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wouldn't get to worried about losing brooks. We never were going to get him. If he wasn't going to UNC he would be going to Miss St. He is a good player but I will never worry about recruiting with Bruce and Chuck around.

Nowhere near a given he would have gone to miss state. It would have been a battle but Auburn was thought to be a lien if it was just us two.

Archived