Naming a Starting QB at Auburn

RunInRed

Wait so we are discounting Trevor knight in this thread because of that one bammer game....But sw is better than him because of that Kentucky game....it's not even you drunk now, I think crack is involved

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The knowledge of high school coaches on the science of running is  extremely lacking to say the least  it might be because they are still grading their health class papers from the night before.    Either way you can make huge improvements on stride length, explosiveness off your back foot, hand position.  Its not beyond some of these untrained athletes to have a decent amount of untapped potential.   People dedicate their lives to improving combine times of athletes.  How is it so unbelievable?

6 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

The knowledge of high school coaches on the science of running is  extremely lacking to say the least  it might be because they are still grading their health class papers from the night before.    Either way you can make huge improvements on stride length, explosiveness off your back foot, hand position.  Its not beyond some of these untrained athletes to have a decent amount of untapped potential.   People dedicate their lives to improving combine times of athletes.  How is it so unbelievable?

Usain Bolt seemed to figure it out..or has good peds. 

13 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Usain Bolt seemed to figure it out..or has good peds. 

besides being a freak of nature,  combine the science aspect to his running, which he did,  he broke his own world records.  (his coach actually shortened his stride to get a faster time )   from 9.72 to 9.58  100m  impressive consdering he was already a highly trained athlete

18 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

How is what so unbelievable? Do youthink the Olympic sprinters are average joes that worked their whole lives to become elite sprinters? Or do you correctly think the Olympic sprinters were always fast, their training only maximizes their performance? 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

How is what so unbelievable? Do youthink the Olympic sprinters are average joes that worked their whole lives to become elite sprinters? Or do you correctly think the Olympic sprinters were always fast, their training only maximizes their performance? 

Uhh do you think average joes are Auburn players? 

10 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

besides being a freak of nature,  combine the science aspect to his running, which he did,  he broke world records.  (his coach actually shortened his stride to get a faster time )

Like a coach said, "you cannot move forward with your foot in the air." Shorter strides and extra steps are encouraged.

Funny that you bring up Usain Bolt. He is world renowned for his lackadaisical training attitude. He is all talent.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Like a coach said, "you cannot move forward with your foot in the air." Shorter strides and extra steps are encouraged.

Funny that you bring up Usain Bolt. He is world renowned for his lackadaisical training attitude. He is all talent.

Similar to stories about bo jackson

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Similar to stories about bo jackson

Yep. If I'm not mistakened, in 2003, Bolt wasn't allowed to compete at the World Championships because he didn't give a crap about training.

17 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Uhh do you think average joes are Auburn players? 

We have some AU players, who do NOT possess world class speed. I think that is what he is getting at. SW may drop his 40 time. This does not mean he will ever be a true threat to run the ball. I am not calling SW slow or saying he has the inability to be agile. I am saying his running abilities may be closer to A.J. McCarron vs someone like Johnny football. Sure, McCarron can take off and get you a first down, but he does not have the ability of Johnny Football to be a true threat with his feet. I think that is what a couple of posters are pointing to. No need to take offense to everything, not Pro SW. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. If I'm not mistakened, in 2003, Bolt wasn't allowed to compete at the World Championships because he didn't give a crap about training.

Ok great, im disputing what is unbelievable about improving a 40 time significantly.   If even a highly trained athlete can improve upon his world record time  its not unbelievable to think a high school kid  couldnt improve.

Just now, auskip07 said:

Ok great, im disputing what is unbelievable about improving a 40 time significantly.   If even a highly trained athlete can improve upon his world record time  its not unbelievable to think a high school kid  couldnt improve.

Viper never said a highschool kid can't improve.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We have some AU players, who do NOT possess world class speed. I think that is what he is getting at. SW may drop his 40 time. This does not mean he will ever be a true threat to run the ball. I am not calling SW slow or saying he has the inability to be agile. I am saying his running abilities may be closer to Aaron Murray vs someone like Johnny football. Sure, Aaron Murray can take off and get you a first down, but he does not have the ability of Johnny Football to be a true threat with his feet. I think that is what a couple of posters are pointing to. No need to take offense to everything, not Pro SW. 

Then they are not included in the argument.  But that doesnt change the fact that science can help but improve upon their time

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

no you implied it with your ":-\" about Javaris D time

You need to quit making assumptions. That seems to be a recurring problem from you. The emoticon is because our hand- timed forty times are ridiculous. Sammie Coates was clocked at 4.18 as well at Auburn. At the combine he ran a 4.45. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You need to quit making assumptions. That seems to be a recurring problem from you. The emoticon is because our hand- timed forty times are ridiculous. Sammie Coates was clocked at 4.18 as well at Auburn. At the combine he ran a 4.45. 

:-\

No DAG, I don't think he ran a 4.18. That is ridiculous but it was the only link to his current 40 time. There are articles however, that have all the receivers and DBs saying he's the fastest on the team, but there are no #S posted in them.

The question is is his initial reported time of 4.47 from HS going to make him arguably the fasted player at AU? The answer is no. He has  become faster.

Viper stated he had never heard of a College athlete becoming faster without losing weight. He didn't want the facts stated by coaches that have done this for years or players that had the transformation occur.  He only wanted links... And believe it or not, those types of stats aren't usually posted online. Maybe one of the reasons he kept begging for them.

That said, Tre mason, Corey grant, Dee ford, to name others have all become faster while in college...without losing weight. The science behind running and the reasoning behind off seasons have proven their worth and effectiveness. If not, then why do the workouts at all? Is it really to Maintain their "natural" speed? Why are there programs designed to get bigger, stronger, FASTER?

How is it that some are so opposed to an idea that athletes can get faster? As was stated previously by another, Most HS coaches don't teach the proper mechanics of running and they certainly don't train for speed. So why is it absurd to think once they get to a place that does, it works and the become faster?

I've lost track...what were we talking about when the OP came up?  

So....anyone have any new insight other than Jeffrey....:-\

Just now, AU64 said:

I've lost track...what were we talking about when the OP came up?  

So....anyone have any new insight other than Jeffrey....:-\

apparently to some we were talking about how amazing Sean will at QB and how he will break school records at auburn and in college football.    In reality most were just making a case of how he is our best bet at getting the ball to the receivers this season and comparing his skill set and build to other successful college quarterbacks

Archived