Naming a Starting QB at Auburn

RunInRed

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

It would probably be the biggest AU upset I've seen. As for White... you may know he won't.  I refuse to not give our players the benefit of the doubt.

White might crack 50.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I'll gladly eat crow if we beat Clemson. Would be the 2nd biggest AU upset I've ever seen.

I don't believe crow is warranted if Johnson surpasses 150 yards net rushing considering many folks had him surpassing 1000 last season.

We know White won't.

SW may not get 150 net yards rushing this year ,he may not even play for all I know,but I think he is capable of getting much more than that.

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

White might crack 50.

Wow... so you're saying he will run WORSE than he did last year. Did he break your sisters heart or something?

4 minutes ago, kd4au said:

SW may not get 150 net yards rushing this year ,he may not even play for all I know,but I think he is capable of getting much more than that.

Yup.

12 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Capable and accomplishing are two galaxies apart.

To me it's sad that people disparage the kids ability before giving him a chance to prove his abilities.  He has gotten stronger, faster, a better understanding of the O, more reps during practice, and some experience from last year. Why is that discounted? Everyone touts Campbell as one of AU's best QB ever, but they never mention how bad he played his first few years.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To me it's sad that people disparage the kids ability before giving him a chance to prove his abilities.  He has gotten stronger, faster, a better understanding of the O, more reps during practice, and some experience from last year. Why is that discounted? 

How has White gotten faster? Did the Six Million Dollar man show em where to get the hook up?

Just now, bigbird said:

To me it's sad that people disparage the kids ability before giving him a chance to prove his abilities.  He has gotten stronger, faster, a better understanding of the O, more reps during practice, and some experience from last year. Why is that discounted? 

True, but you also have people hyping him up like crazy too. Why don't we wait and see what happens? There are posters on here saying SW is better than proven QBs. The kid hasn't even played a full season yet. There just needs to be a balance. You shouldn't dismiss him off, but you also shouldn't be just giving him these crazy unfair comparisons either.

8 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

How so?

First it was this and this- which is why the honorable thing would be to enjoy your crow when Sean and/or Jeremy run more than they did last year- then it was this and this, and then this- "it would be bad if Sean and/or Jeremy were more successful running this year than last", then this- somehow suggesting that the expectations for JJ last year would negate any improvement in his rushing this year. And that "we" know that White is incapable of netting 150 on the ground. Which "we" don't know at all. 

I really, truly don't care that much about the fact that our opinions differ. You know your football. It's just that the course of the conversation has been a bit off. 

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

How has White gotten faster? Did the Six Million Dollar man show em where to get the hook up?

Well, by increasing leg strength... or working on his form....or working on plyometrics...or any number of the 100's of things college football players go through during offseasons. But maybe that only works for athletes not named Sean White.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Well, by increasing leg strength... or working on his form....or working on plyometrics...or any number of the 100's of things college football players go through during offseasons. But maybe that only works for athletes not named Sean White.

It's somethin', ain't it?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

True, but you also have people hyping him up like crazy too. Why don't we wait and see what happens? There are posters on here saying SW is better than proven QBs. The kid hasn't even played a full season yet. There just needs to be a balance. You shouldn't dismiss him off, but you also shouldn't be just giving him these crazy unfair comparisons either.

There aren't posters here who are saying he's better than proven quarterbacks.  There are posters here who are saying he's likely better than quarterbacks who have proven to be just ok but who are being vaunted as more than their performance has shown... and then backing those statements up with statistics.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Everyone touts Campbell as one of AU's best QB ever, but the never mention how bad he played his first few years.

The last time I saw this kind of "everything will be exactly the same this year as it was last year" attitude was in 2011. I don't understand it. There are only 11 positions on offense. It doesn't seem that hard to look at them and find differences, and to understand that each part affects the whole. 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

There aren't posters here who are saying he's better than proven quarterbacks.  There are posters here who are saying he's likely better than quarterbacks who have proven to be just ok but who are being vaunted as more than their performance has shown... and then backing those statements up with statistics.

Has SW led a team to victory against a top ten opponent? Has Sean thrown more than 1 TD pass in a game? I am not trying to knock the kid, but be reasonable.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Its important to not interpret "i think Sean is the best QB we have this year"   As.....  "i bet he can throw that pig skin over that there mountain"   Cause im pretty sure you are reading into those statments of he is the best we got

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Has SW led a team to victory against a top ten opponent? Has Sean thrown more than 1 TD pass in a game? I am not trying to knock the kid, but be reasonable.

One game does not a QB make... that's my point.  People shouldn't lift up one player because he balled out for one game, when the rest of his stats are average to bad any more than they should dog on another because his stats are average and he hasn't had the opportunity to play in that big game.

Just now, auskip07 said:

Its important to not interpret "i think Sean is the best QB we have this year"   As.....  "i bet he can throw that pig skin over that there mountain"   Cause im pretty sure you are reading into those statments of he is the best we got

What are you talking about? We have a poster who said SW is as good as Trevor Knight. How?! 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What are you talking about? We have a poster who said SW is as good as Trevor Knight. How?! 

Compared to Trevor Knight?   also people implies more than one. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

One game does not a QB make... that's my point.  People shouldn't lift up one player because he balled out for one game, when the rest of his stats are average to bad any more than they should dog on another because his stats are average and he hasn't had the opportunity to play in that big game.

You are completely right about that. But how can you compare someone who had 1 game like that to someone ho had ZERO games like that? I think SW has all the potential in the world, but at least let him go out there and show out against Clemson or somebody before you make comparisons like that. Heck, even Mississippi state. Heck even Vandy. Let him have a 3 TD game at the very least. Holy Crap.

46 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I'll gladly eat crow if we beat Clemson. Would be the 2nd biggest AU upset I've ever seen.

I don't believe crow is warranted if Johnson surpasses 150 yards net rushing considering many folks had him surpassing 1000 last season.

We know White won't.

2nd biggest upset you have seen?? Easy on that one. Auburn is as talented to more so at every position on the field except qb. UAT has won a lot of games  being more talented at all positions on the field except qb. I am expecting us to win this game.

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Compared to Trevor Knight?   also people implies more than one. 

I showed you an example. I am not going to go through and call everybody out one by one smart guy. You can PM if you would like and we can have that discussion. 

It would only be an upset In closed minds . Actually it is a new year different teams and no one knows how either one will play. If you look at the overall roster based on recruiting the last Four years AU has a talent advantage over Clemson. Both lost players to the NFL and both have coaches that have proven they can make it to the final game . If you take away a late score by uat because AU went for it on Fourth deep in our territory we would have had a single digit loss and if uat had not been up two scores on Clemson they probably would not have allowed that last TD by Clemson. So when AU wins against Clemson only the uninformed will call it an  upset. WDE

20 hours ago, DAG said:

I showed you an example. I am not going to go through and call everybody out one by one smart guy. You can PM if you would like and we can have that discussion. 

So you're upset he compared sean white to a guy whose claim to fame is beaing alabama in a bowl game they didnt want to be in the first place and also lost his QB job and had to transfer? 

Archived