Television Shows

On 1/20/2020 at 7:50 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just finished You on Netflix. Dexter vibes through and through. 

Have wondered about that one, mainly because it's on the splash screen every time I boot up Netflix. I've been watching less dark/creepy stuff lately but good is good. 

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Watched and finished this in two nights. Intense  

Further to above, this looks awesome, but I might not currently be in the mood for graphic details about stuff that went down in the past. Do they gloss over any of that, by chance? 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Have wondered about that one, mainly because it's on the splash screen every time I boot up Netflix. I've been watching less dark/creepy stuff lately but good is good. 

Further to above, this looks awesome, but I might not currently be in the mood for graphic details about stuff that went down in the past. Do they gloss over any of that, by chance? 

It gets pretty detailed with witness accounts about the atrocities at Treblinka, and there is definitely footage of piles of corpses, mass graves, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It gets pretty detailed with witness accounts about the atrocities at Treblinka, and there is definitely footage of piles of corpses, mass graves, etc. 

Good to know. 

Not sure if I've mentioned Sex Education before- and I'm sure anyone with Netflix has seen it prominently displayed- but I enjoy it quite a bit. One of those that starts off a little silly and seems like a basic teen sex comedy, but finds a groove and is really smart and fresh. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good to know. 

Not sure if I've mentioned Sex Education before- and I'm sure anyone with Netflix has seen it prominently displayed- but I enjoy it quite a bit. One of those that starts off a little silly and seems like a basic teen sex comedy, but finds a groove and is really smart and fresh. 

I’ve heard pretty positive things about that. Might give it a shot soon. 

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve heard pretty positive things about that. Might give it a shot soon. 

It's got a little bit of emotional weight to it but definitely still an antidote to the heavier stuff. 

I am in the process of watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix and am on season 4.  It is kind of like The Office only in the sense that you need to watch 2-3 episodes to really understand it.  If you liked the movie American Gangster you will like this.  The only knock is on rare occasions the accents are so thick I cannot understand what they are saying.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:42 PM, alexava said:

Negan is pardoned now in my mind. Talking about taking one for the team. I’m still trying to get that image out of my mind..

Definitely an odd scene but that does follow the comics (not that I read them, I just saw an article mention it).  I am still not convinced he is fully with The Whisperers now, but if you read the comics don't tell me!

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Definitely an odd scene but that does follow the comics (not that I read them, I just saw an article mention it).  I am still not convinced he is fully with The Whisperers now, but if you read the comics don't tell me!

I know zero about the comics. I think he is playing the whisperers and will help the good guys take them down. 

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

I know zero about the comics.  I don't really either.  I just know it was the focus of one issue.  See below.

s-l300.jpg

I think he is playing the whisperers and will help the good guys take them down.  I hope you are right.  I feel like he had no place else to go, that he wanted to be at Alexandria but knew they would never accept him.  This will be interesting for sure.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Fred Dryer laying the smackdown on old Nazis would be super dope. 

I loved that show and Fred Dryer was cool as anything but this world needs more Stepfanie Kramer.

• Love 1

On 2/18/2020 at 3:54 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

That was an interesting series.  Personally, I think it was him.

If you like that type of docu-series, I would recommend "Don't **** with Cats" on Netflix.  I will give you a big warning though, do not watch it with your kids.  And there are some scenes that are extremely hard to watch, especially if you love animals like I do.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

That was an interesting series.  Personally, I think it was him.

If you like that type of docu-series, I would recommend "Don't **** with Cats" on Netflix.  I will give you a big warning though, do not watch it with your kids.  And there are some scenes that are extremely hard to watch, especially if you love animals like I do.

Agreed on your take. 

Don’t **** With Cats was a good one as well. Also a bit scary how it doesn’t take all that much track someone down based off a couple pictures posted on social media. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

Fargo S4 coming out... at some point. Very exciting.

Better Call Saul continues to be amazing.

Mandalorian is great to have on when I don't really need to pay attention.

Catching up on the last couple seasons of The Americans. Ugh, so good. Some serious emotional weight in that show.

Sex Education is great.

Anyone watching Locke & Key? The Magicians? 

Did we talk about The Bodyguard when it was current on Netflix? Still there. It was really good IMO. 

Just started Schitt's Creek. Even though people say it's good, it's better than I expected. Freaking hilarious. Somehow makes the "out of touch rich people in poor rural area" concept feel very fresh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Fargo S4 coming out... at some point. Very exciting.

Better Call Saul continues to be amazing.

Mandalorian is great to have on when I don't really need to pay attention.

Catching up on the last couple seasons of The Americans. Ugh, so good. Some serious emotional weight in that show.

Sex Education is great.

Anyone watching Locke & Key? The Magicians? 

Did we talk about The Bodyguard when it was current on Netflix? Still there. It was really good IMO. 

Just started Schitt's Creek. Even though people say it's good, it's better than I expected. Freaking hilarious. Somehow makes the "out of touch rich people in poor rural area" concept feel very fresh. 

Mandalorian was basically the same episode for 8 straight episodes. That said, I found it entertaining and I’m not a Star Wars guy. 

My buddy keeps talking about Locke and Key, so we’ll probably start that soon. The Netflix trailer makes it look pretty cheesy though. 

Americans is one of my favorite shows of all time. There was a season or two that dragged toward the end, but the final season was great. 

I struggled with Fargo after the first season. Just couldn’t ever really get back into it with new casts and stories. 

McMillions on HBO has been pretty enthralling, Wahlberg(s) did a good job with it.

West World will be back in a couple weeks and Ozark later on in March. Been looking forward to both of those(even though both shows probably could’ve been ended already). 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mandalorian was basically the same episode for 8 straight episodes. That said, I found it entertaining and I’m not a Star Wars guy. 

My buddy keeps talking about Locke and Key, so we’ll probably start that soon. The Netflix trailer makes it look pretty cheesy though. 

Americans is one of my favorite shows of all time. There was a season or two that dragged toward the end, but the final season was great. 

I struggled with Fargo after the first season. Just couldn’t ever really get back into it with new casts and stories. 

McMillions on HBO has been pretty enthralling, Wahlberg(s) did a good job with it.

West World will be back in a couple weeks and Ozark later on in March. Been looking forward to both of those(even though both shows probably could’ve been ended already). 

I need to get on McMillions.

I *loved* S2 of Fargo, maybe even more than S1. S3 didn't hold a candle to those, but I'm hoping it remains the exception to the rule. And bad Fargo is still better than good lots of other shows for me.

Mandalorian- exactly. 

On 1/13/2020 at 12:40 PM, AUBwins said:

That’s a covering of the eyes emoji lol. Are the games PC or platform?

Both.........xbox1 for me😢.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I knew there was something special between us..........I hate Star Wars😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Be careful saying that out loud in public. 

Very true and I remember the original hitting theaters........If memory serves Jaws was box office record smasher till Star Wars.