Television Shows

Waco on netflix is decent, but I will admit that I do not recall too many details about the actual events and what was reported at the time so I have no idea how accurately it is portraying people.

Catherine and I started watching the Wire after we get the kids to bed since she's never seen it. Every character is so complex. Can't wait until we get to season three and she gets to see the dark side of Jared Harper lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

dark side of Jared Harper

What’s this about?

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Been re-watching Community on Netflix. Barely watched it, if at all, for the first couple seasons, so most of that is new to me. It's actually like watching prequels. Seeing the relationships developing, seeing how these weird ass people got so weird, seeing the seeds of weirdness that would become some seriously tripped out TV in later seasons...

Anyway, it's a nice little 20-25 min bedtime snack. And definitely a little happy escapism to end these crazy days with. 

I loved Community. Not sure if you have made it yet but the Fort episodes were my favorites.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I loved Community. Not sure if you have made it yet but the Fort episodes were my favorites.

Something to look forward to. 

The one I remember most from when it was still showing on NBC was the anime crossover one. Just completely original and awesome.

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

What’s this about?

Google "Marlo Stanfield" and you'll see. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

Catherine and I started watching the Wire after we get the kids to bed since she's never seen it. Every character is so complex. Can't wait until we get to season three and she gets to see the dark side of Jared Harper lol. 

Spitting image of Marlo for sure. Also, my favorite television series ever. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Something to look forward to. 

The one I remember most from when it was still showing on NBC was the anime crossover one. Just completely original and awesome.

I think I remember that one. Damn I might have to go back now. Like you said it is only like 20 mins.

• Like 1

Mandalorian returns Monday, May the 4th be with you!  Along with the last Skywalker on Disney +

On 4/30/2020 at 8:18 AM, AUDub said:

One of my alltime  favorie shows👍

5 hours ago, kevon67 said:

One of my alltime  favorie shows👍

I’m going to put it on my short list. I think Steve earl had a part in it. 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:05 AM, The Freak said:

Waco on netflix is decent, but I will admit that I do not recall too many details about the actual events and what was reported at the time so I have no idea how accurately it is portraying people.

I’m about 3 episodes in. If it’s like the unabomber on Netflix it’s not exactly accurate. They made a dramatic of a documentary about. I don’t remember the real thing very well either. 

On 5/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, AUBwins said:

Mandalorian returns Monday, May the 4th be with you!  Along with the last Skywalker on Disney +

I think you were mistaken. I’m seeing October. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I’m going to put it on my short list. I think Steve earl had a part in it. 

Small part but yup.

Best series ever for me, hands down. Took me until a particular scene in the first season to really lock in but after that it was nothing but sheer awesomeness. I even loved S2, which a lot of folks don't. 

S1 of True Detective and S2 of Fargo are my favorite seasons of TV, but The Wire was the best full series run ever. 

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think you were mistaken. I’m seeing October. 

Yea I miss heard. They released a gallery show about the mandalorian

Watched Waco........remember when it all happened.........FBI doesnt seem to have a track record

22 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Just finished outer banks.......better than I thought it would be

Wife and I tried it just couldn't get into it. Maybe I will give it another try.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Wife and I tried it just couldn't get into it. Maybe I will give it another try.

I didn't want to watch it and luckily neither did Mrs. Loof. 

We started Hollywood on Netflix last night. Might hold our attention for a minute.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't want to watch it and luckily neither did Mrs. Loof. 

We started Hollywood on Netflix last night. Might hold our attention for a minute.

Just finish watching After Life on Netflix I recommend it if you like dark British humor which I do.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Just finish watching After Life on Netflix I recommend it if you like dark British humor which I do.

Is that the one with Ricky Gervais? Either way, thank you, that's a recommendation I can work with. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that the one with Ricky Gervais? Either way, thank you, that's a recommendation I can work with. 

Yes....... the mailman and Sex Worker are hilarious it can be a little downer at times may even bring a tear or two

• Like 1

"American Crime Story: People vs. OJ Simpson"...sure we are late to the party on that one.

Just finished "Unorthodox." 

True story, excellent. Jewish 19-year-old leaves Hasidic lifestyle in Brooklyn and finds a new life in Berlin. #wow

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

"American Crime Story: People vs. OJ Simpson"...sure we are late to the party on that one.

Just finished "Unorthodox." 

True story, excellent. Jewish 19-year-old leaves Hasidic lifestyle in Brooklyn and finds a new life in Berlin. #wow

Unorthodox was good?? Honest question

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Unorthodox was good?? Honest question

Well...and you know "me"...my heart went out to her because of the oppression she underwent.  I can't resist a true story...overcomer...even if the "happy ending" is mixed.  I didn't know much about this particular sect of Jewish culture.  We have been blessed to visit NYC many times and on our last trip, a tour of the LowerEastSide and the landmark staples was phenomenal.  Seeing her walk into Berlin knowing the brutality and unspeakability of its history during the Holocaust...memories of touring Mauthausen CC not that long ago...I couldn't get over the courage that, while she was turning her back on the uber-legalistic nature of the community in which she lived, she was embracing her Jewish heritage as she embraced her freedom, if that makes any sense.  I can't stand legalism in any religion...or in anything outside of religion, either.  Inside, I'm too much of a free spirit...

Have you seen it?  I would be really interested in another's take.

• Like 1