Television Shows

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Manhunt Unibomber is very good. I have also seen some of the Bundy Tapes.

This is the time of year that I do not watch a lot of live TV due to all the seasons being done and football....so I go back and re-binge some of my favorites. Here are some of my favorites.

1.-The Americans- Very good time piece . Ironically it's one of my favorites but I have only seen it one time through. 

2. SOA Sons of Anarchy- I got hooked on early in this show. The first 5 seasons are gold. It goes a little crazy after that but, IMHO, there isn't much better than the 1st two seasons of SOA. Kinda makes me want to start a crime syndicate.

3. Justified- I am a huge fan of both Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins. They make great enemies in this show. It took me a few episodes to get past the "Is this a modern day Walker Texas Ranger" feel but if you get character vested then it is worth the wait. Also makes me want to start a crime syndicate.

4. Sopranos- This would be my all time fav, if not for the end. My goodness it still pisses me off. Great Series though. And to top it off....it really makes me want to start a crime syndicate. 

5. The Wire- Best show all around. Have re-watched a dozen times. Love it. (ps- does entice feelings about running an underground crime syndicate

6. Breaking Bad- Breaking bad makes a push towards the number one spot. Great show. Makes me want to start a crime syndicate lol.

Those are my top 6. Honorable Mentions include: Game of Thrones, Sparticus, Mad Men, Man in the High Castle, True Blood, and many more.

My easy watching shows that I can watch anytime without going in order are:

The Office, Its Always Sunny, Parks and Rec, Family Guy.

Reality shows.....there is only one .....Survivor.........and it is very close to being cut off after this past season...

I need something new to watch. Anything not on this list that is worth Binging? 

You. Season 1 and 2 is on Netflix now. SO SO SO SO freaking good. I binged it all this weekend. It is addicting and will suck you in. It is the hot show everyone is talking about now. And yah I get it. I am usually stubborn about watching these shows that I see everyone talking about but I am glad I caved and gave in with this one. I FREAKING LOVED IT BAAAAY BAAAAAY!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!! hahahaha.

Edited by GwillMac6

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ughhhhhh dude it is a all winners season. They did not win. Why would you be suprised that they are NOT coming back. The season is literally called Winners at War!!!! lol.

I swear I saw some people in the commercial that did not win but were in the top 3.  I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I swear I saw some people in the commercial that did not win but were in the top 3.  I could be wrong.

hahahaha you are def wrong. 20 players. 20 former winners. WOOOOO!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GOOOOO!!!!! Best cast the show has ever had!!!!!!!! Still a month away. ughhhhhhhhhh,

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha you are def wrong. 20 players. 20 former winners. WOOOOO!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GOOOOO!!!!! Best cast the show has ever had!!!!!!!! Still a month away. ughhhhhhhhhh,

It is actually less of a wait than it is for the Fall season.  I believe it is a 3-4 month wait then where we only have to wait 2 months for the spring season.

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It is actually less of a wait than it is for the Fall season.  I believe it is a 3-4 month wait then where we only have to wait 2 months for the spring season.

THAT DOES NOT HELP ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. I wish it was premiering this week when all of the rest of the regular scheduled programming was coming back from the Christmas and New Year hiatus. This wait is gonna be soooooo long.  THANK YOU SHELDON FOR THE OBVIOUS ANSWER to stick with the theme of the day!!!!!!!!! lol. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

This next season of Survivor looks like it may be the best one yet with who is returning.  I am surprised Joe or Spencer are not coming back although they might be back.  @GwillMac6, thoughts?

If it wasn't for the theme this season I would have been done with it after this last season.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If it wasn't for the theme this season I would have been done with it after this last season.

Don't let a horrible season get you down. Survivor always bounces back. There has been bad seasons before. Though I get what you mean specifically about this last season...... oooooooooooof.

16 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don't let a horrible season get you down. Survivor always bounces back. There has been bad seasons before. Though I get what you mean specifically about this last season...... oooooooooooof.

The last two seasons left a lot to be desired personally.  Amazing Race needs to come back soon.

Edited by abw0004

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

The last two seasons left a lot to be desired personally.  Amazing Race needs to come back soon.

Now THAT is a show on its last legs. They have a season in the can but it has been done filming for almost a year now. CBS does not prioritize the race anymore and just plugs and play whenever it is needed when a new show fails. I am sure it will be on before to long.

Loved Witcher!  Almost mad I watched it since it will be over a year before returning.  It's just a lot of fun if you like the fantasy stuff. I don't have time to binge watch anymore but found time for that one.   Mandalorian was well done, but too short of a first season. Just biding my time with some series I haven't finished until Last Kingdom season 4 comes to Netflix.  Been waiting for that show since November last year.  Love Uhtred, son of Uhtred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I guess this is as good of a place to put this but BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE's Assistant Coach Chad Prewett's daughter is on the Bachelor this season. 

On 1/6/2020 at 7:39 PM, AUBwins said:

Loved Witcher!  Almost mad I watched it since it will be over a year before returning.  It's just a lot of fun if you like the fantasy stuff. I don't have time to binge watch anymore but found time for that one.   Mandalorian was well done, but too short of a first season. Just biding my time with some series I haven't finished until Last Kingdom season 4 comes to Netflix.  Been waiting for that show since November last year.  Love Uhtred, son of Uhtred.

I agree, Witcher was awesome.......Witcher is only going to get better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I tried Witcher for a few minutes. Geralt’s voice grinds on my nerves. I’ll give it another shot some day. 

It took me a while to get used to the narrator voice.  Lol

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I tried Witcher for a few minutes. Geralt’s voice grinds on my nerves. I’ll give it another shot some day. 

I imagine those that haven't read the books or played the games were lost........I know my wife was.

53 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I played Witcher 3 and enjoyed it. 

I remember you telling me a while back..........Hard to immitate the voice of Geralt in the games.......similar to the voice of John Marsten in RDR........very unique.

17 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I imagine those that haven't read the books or played the games were lost........I know my wife was.

Totally lost, but that's okay. It's a fun show with lots of monsters and swords and nudity and magic laser beams. It's almost like an R-rated Xena or Hercules. I don't mind taking a break from trying to figure out plotlines and backstories. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's almost like an R-rated Xena or Hercules.

Haha that's a good analogy.  The first time Geralt meets Henifer (sp?),  I turned my phone a little closer to avoid a look over the shoulder .. lol

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2020 at 6:24 PM, AUBwins said:

Haha that's a good analogy.  The first time Geralt meets Henifer (sp?),  I turned my phone a little closer to avoid a look over the shoulder .. lol

Yes and same with Witcher 3 Wild Hunt the game........also lots of nudity.

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Yes and same with Witcher 3 Wild Hunt the game........also lots of nudity.

That’s a covering of the eyes emoji lol. Are the games PC or platform?

• Haha 1

Witcher -- never read a book, never played a game.

Episode 1 -- meh, nothing.

I guess if you've played the games or read the books ........

UPDATE -- re-watched episode 1. Watched the entire series over a 2 week period. It was okay. It seems that every scene was dark, as if there is no sunlight in this world. And I can't say much for the script. The dialog sux. But overall, it was okay. The comparison to Xena and Hercules ..... well, in terms of script and dialog and action, yeah. But both of those had lots of sunlight and some humor. But I think Witcher has a lot more substance to it than either of those series.

Mandalorian -- the episodes are short. Maybe that's a good thing. Not a lot of time wasted on empty filler. I lost interest in the whole Star Wars universe thing many years ago and have not even seen the newer moves. So here we have a series about a warrior nanny. hahaha  And a terminator wetnurse! hahaha  Well, it was okay -- a lot more fun than Witcher, although totally without the substance.

Edited by AURex

• 4 weeks later...