Television Shows

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just finished Ozark and wtf. It’s going to be so long before season 4 because I’m assuming Hollywood is basically on pause for filming anything until Coronavirus is under better control. 

I watched part of the first episode. I might need to rewatch season two.  I’m never remembering everything..

8 hours ago, alexava said:

I watched part of the first episode. I might need to rewatch season two.  I’m never remembering everything..

Same here but it all came back to me by the time I got to 4th episode

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alexava said:

I watched just the last episode of S2 and I felt like it was a great and needed catch-up. And there is a recap at the beginning of S3E1.

I really love the pivot they've done. It was time to shake things up and go in a new direction and I *love* how they did that. I'm only 1 episode into S3 so who knows how they handle it going forward, but I'm really impressed how they are forging in a new direction in a way that feels totally right and logical. 

Two things that really suck about this quarantine are 1) I'm still coming into the office every day and 2) my 5 yr old is staying up later. So I'm not getting this massive TV download. In fact, I'm watching less than usual. Which really sucks, because I was custom made for an event like this and all I'm hearing is people a lot more active and motivated than me whine about being stuck inside.

Will Ferrell Loser GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Two things that really suck about this quarantine are 1) I'm still coming into the office every day and 2) my 5 yr old is staying up later. So I'm not getting this massive TV download. In fact, I'm watching less than usual. Which really sucks, because I was custom made for an event like this and all I'm hearing is people a lot more active and motivated than me whine about being stuck inside.

Totally feel you on this one. I miss the 2-3 hours of peace after the kids are in bed.  I’m still at work as well. Only guy in the office building, while all my Neighbors get their yards all fixed up with projects. But don’t get me wrong, truly blessed from a work standpoint that I am able to maintain my job. Others are not so lucky. I pray for those people everyday. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Totally feel you on this one. I miss the 2-3 hours of peace after the kids are in bed.  I’m still at work as well. Only guy in the office building, while all my Neighbors get their yards all fixed up with projects. But don’t get me wrong, truly blessed from a work standpoint that I am able to maintain my job. Others are not so lucky. I pray for those people everyday. 

I'm glad to hear you're the only person in the building. I'm constantly on high alert. Let's just say the reaction to and attitudes about this continue to be very inconsistent. BUT... I am like you in that I am extremely grateful for my overall positioning in this relative to the country at large.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’ve talked more about Tiger King at work today than the Coronavirus. It’s so refreshing. 

Probably the biggest thing on TV since the GOT finale. And the timing couldn't have been better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’ve talked more about Tiger King at work today than the Coronavirus. It’s so refreshing. 

My mom is actually doing a Tiger King watch party tonight virtually with some friends.  I'm low-key excited to hear her reaction.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

My mom is actually doing a Tiger King watch party tonight virtually with some friends.  I'm low-key excited to hear her reaction.

I hope it goes/went well. My coworker tried to show his parents the show and his dad said “I’m not watching this ******* bull****. Turn it off”. So now I’m pretty sure his dad might be Mike Pence if you’re catching my drift. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do the animals get mistreated? Might be a dumb question but it's something I hadn't really considered and last night the wife said she wouldn't watch the show because of what she heard about the animals.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Do the animals get mistreated? Might be a dumb question but it's something I hadn't really considered and last night the wife said she wouldn't watch the show because of what she heard about the animals.

Oh it definitely shows the crappy living situations they live in.  But that's the underlying point of the documentary.  These cracked out people have built all of this BS about conservation in their minds while they are profiting immensely on keeping these animals in awful living conditions.

Like I said earlier, you'll hate just about everyone by the end.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh it definitely shows the crappy living situations they live in.  But that's the underlying point of the documentary.  These cracked out people have built all of this BS about conservation in their minds while they are profiting immensely on keeping these animals in awful living conditions.

Like I said earlier, you'll hate just about everyone by the end.

Damn. I might have to sit this one out, too, then. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

But, you great stuff like this.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Without watching it, I've picked up on a strong Kenny Powers- actually, every Danny McBride character ever- vibe. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Without watching it, I've picked up on a strong Kenny Powers- actually, every Danny McBride character ever- vibe. 

Mix Kenny with Dog the bounty hunter and you nailed Joe Exotic.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The day it came out, I said Danny McBride better make a series out of this. 

Kate McKinnon beat him to the punch 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/03/tiger-king-kate-mckinnon-carole-baskin-casting/amp

• Love 1

You must watch Tiger King. CNN posted the sheriff in Florida is getting 6tips a day on the bitch’s missing husband. 

Started the first episode last night. We'll see how much hate-watching I can stomach. I've heard a lot of talk about E2 so I'll watch at least that far. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Started the first episode last night. We'll see how much hate-watching I can stomach. I've heard a lot of talk about E2 so I'll watch at least that far. 

The end of E2 has an amazing cliffhanger.

E5 is the most compelling and ridiculous at the same time.  One part is specifically hard to watch (doesn't involve animals) but the ensuing fallout is among the most "WTF" moments of the series.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

The end of E2 has an amazing cliffhanger.

E5 is the most compelling and ridiculous at the same time.  One part is specifically hard to watch (doesn't involve animals) but the ensuing fallout is among the most "WTF" moments of the series.

I have a much easier time observing people who've made bad choices, even if their upbringing never gave them much hope of making good ones. 

They add new people to hate every so often.  It's great.  You can just assume they are going to be awful humans.

Dude rolls up in an H2 Hummer, steps out, is dressed like Brett Michaels... yup, knew I was gonna hate him.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

One part is specifically hard to watch (doesn't involve animals) but the ensuing fallout is among the most "WTF" moments of the series.

That was really hard to watch.

40 minutes ago, The Freak said:

They add new people to hate every so often.  It's great.  You can just assume they are going to be awful humans.

Dude rolls up in an H2 Hummer, steps out, is dressed like Brett Michaels... yup, knew I was gonna hate him.

I saw Poison (and Motley Crue) a few years ago on one of those nostalgia tours. A Bret Michaels impersonator was walking around in the crowd before the show, except a lot of the cougars in attendance didn't realize he was an impersonator and he made no efforts to clear up the confusion. Quite the opposite, in fact. It was hilarious. I mean, if you're going to scream and fawn over another human being in the 21st century because you think he is Bret Michaels, then you deserve almost anything that might happen as a result. 

• Haha 1