***Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

As bad as I hate to say it..mainly because he hasn't been given a chance to succeed due to play calling, SW may lose his job. Jf3 isn't a very good passer, but he's just good enough that his athletic ability can overcome Gus. 

100%

Out of likes unfortunately

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

why wouldn't herman come here?

Because Jay Jacobs is an idiot and won't give him control of the program. I like Herman, but I'd throw the entire bank acct at David Shaw. 

2 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Why not???  We have WAY more talent than Houston has.  AND Money. He would be dumb not to. Only thing would be if someone beats us to the punch. 

Houston is talented man. 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

People complaining about Gus's clock management with a 19 point deficit in the fourth quarter? Damn hipsters. 

We are getting some good reps in though. Building for later in the season. I honestly think JF3 needs to be the starter long term. 

Just now, jw 4 au said:

Why not???  We have WAY more talent than Houston has.  AND Money. He would be dumb not to. Only thing would be if someone beats us to the punch. 

Well he doesn't have to deal with the AD at AU. If they move to the Big 12 i wouldn't go anywhere. Kids will come to play for him. Houston is a good market for talent and he has the state of TX to work with. He can run things the way he wants without any potential interference. The competition wouldn't be as tough even if they do move to the Big 12. I love AU but if i had to choose...i'd stay at Houston if they moved to the Big 12. The only other job i'd take would be LSU. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah Sean had to be the best option cant forget that. Even tho JF3 basically hasnt played an actual series as QB, Sean had to be the only option

People kept saying that even with no in game evidence. JF3 never had to be a game breaker passing. Enough to keep D honest.

I think he can do that 

Just now, mikeholiday said:

We are getting some good reps in though. Building for later in the season. I honestly think JF3 needs to be the starter long term. 

seeing JF3 run around and make plays happen outside of the pocket more than once or twice in a game would have me agreeing with you 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Houston is talented man. 

Sure, but clearly not the level of talent AU has in recruiting.  Not that recruiting rankings are the bible but they are not even in the parking lot to the ball park AU is in.  Just an easier schedule. 

Speaking of the new coach talk 

if we really do have to go the new coach path, can we please not go for another unproven HC? How about we take someone who has shown they are a BIG time winner at the college level and let them RUN the program? 

We've obviously got the money to hire someone on par with Saban (salary wise) so why not spend it on someone more proven than a coach like Herman?

zzzz

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

seeing JF3 run around and make plays happen outside of the pocket more than once or twice in a game would have me agreeing with you 

The problem with Sean White at qb is when we get off schedule. He just doesn't scare defenses the same way

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Houston is talented man. 

Agree. A ton of talent in the state of Texas. That 5 star DE they got is a stud. More higher star kids will go there esp. if they move to the Big 12 and know Herman will be at Houston long term

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Offensive?  I am offended.

I'm offended by playcalling and losing yet another game I feel we could have easily won.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. A ton of talent in the state of Texas. That 5 star DE they got is a stud. More higher star kids will go there esp. if they move to the Big 12 and know Herman will be at Houston long term

If the money is right? I doubt they can pay what a coach of his level will command. 

Archived